Author Topic: msn connection  (Read 2302 times)

AKKADIAN

• View Profile
msn connection
« on: January 15, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »
function msnbotstart()
{
   print("bot msn started");
   p_msnbot <- NewSocket("msnbotsoc");
   p_msnbot.Connect("messenger.hotmail.com",1863);
   statusmsn <- p_msnbot.Connect("messenger.hotmail.com",1863);
        print(statusmsn); //printed true so it connects
}

function msnbotsoc(a,b) // how manny params do i need , itryed with max 5 params but fail
{
   print("loading data");
   print(b);
   print("loaded data");
}

stormeus

• No-Lifer
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: msn connection
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »
Trying to do this without a module is not only unnecessary, but also extremely painful.
Morphine says:
    them LU devs ranting about how LU doesn't have client pickups
    while us VC:MPers don't have client anything
    ;_;

Stormeus Argo says:
    we have client crashes though
    ohohohohoho

Morphine says:
    LU DOESN'T HAVE THAT

Stormeus Argo says:
    LU - 0
    VC:MP - 1

AKKADIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:12:07 pm »
hmm i will close this project untill i dont get/find the
1. loggin/register protocol
2. recive data protocol
3. send data protocol

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:15:50 pm »
hmm i will close this project untill i dont get/find the
1. loggin/register protocol
2. recive data protocol
3. send data protocol

It may or may not be open-source, however see if the Trillian instant messenger, which cracked the protocol for it's multi-messenger program, has anything publicized. Also look into Jabber, an open source protocol, which may or may not work with MSN's itself.

Orpheus

• Music is a way of life.
    • View Profile
    • Orphtown UK
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 12:08:12 am »
If you really MUST follow this path, AMsn is free open-source version of MSN, and you can download the source code. it connects to the same server as normal MSN, it's just portable.

Kind Regards,
Orpheus
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:18:28 pm by SugarD »

Windows: A 64-bit/32-bit extension to a 16-bit GUI on an 8-bit OS written for a 4-bit architecture by a 2-bit company who can not stand 1-bit of competition.

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 01:03:09 pm »
I remember years ago when i had an MSN bot made in perl, the protocol isn't as easy as you'd think.

Heres a site that explains it all though: http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/notification/authentication.php

Good luck trying to get it working with squirrel though, a module would most likely be required due to how the data is processed. If you just want an msn echo bot, why not do it the normal way using bitlbee?

AKKADIAN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 07:48:46 pm »
Something more simple huh ? hmmm yeah maybe ur right Orphues ... + the website gave me VRocker has a protocol and ip wich might be unnable to be accesated

Orpheus

• Music is a way of life.
    • View Profile
    • Orphtown UK
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 12:40:12 am »
Akkadian, Don't get me wrong, I don't think you're a terrible coder at all, I don't know how good/bad you are, but my first impression is that this take is a somewhat large and complex considering your previous help requests on the forum and on IRC. Connecting a bot to MSN, or rather "Live Messenger" as they call it now, is difficult. I'm certainly not saying stop coding, as most people would agree, when it comes to coding there's always something new to learn.

I'd recommend doing something perhaps simpler, like a GameMode, or an interesting IRC script, there's a LOT that most IRC scripts don't do, such as sending RAW Irccmds as the bots.

Speaking from experience, picking an ambitious project can sometimes pay off, but will often lead to several months of work that eventually lead to not a lot, or in my case, you get bored and work on something else.

So please don't think I'm saying "Don't code, you're crap at it" because that's far from what I'm saying. Keep coding by all means; you show some promise, but I would say stick to something simpler until you're more confident in your own skills.

Kind Regards,
Orpheus

[OffTopic]
SugarD, I both agree and disagree with your decision to remove the posts. I agree that it was worth doing, I can understand how you may have seen them as an attack on Akkadian, but they were not intended to be taken that way. However if you had been a more civilised admin, you would have contacted me first and requested I removed them, or at the very least had the decency to inform me you have, and why you have removed them via PM. [/OffTopic]

Windows: A 64-bit/32-bit extension to a 16-bit GUI on an 8-bit OS written for a 4-bit architecture by a 2-bit company who can not stand 1-bit of competition.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 01:40:32 am »
[OffTopic]
SugarD, I both agree and disagree with your decision to remove the posts. I agree that it was worth doing, I can understand how you may have seen them as an attack on Akkadian, but they were not intended to be taken that way. However if you had been a more civilised admin, you would have contacted me first and requested I removed them, or at the very least had the decency to inform me you have, and why you have removed them via PM. [/OffTopic]
I didn't only remove your posts. I removed everyones, mine included, that were off-topic. Please get back on topic or I will remove them again and issue warnings. I stopped arguing, now you should too. Don't call me not civilized when you haven't seen it from both sides. I chose to back off after your previous statement because you made it clear you did not wish to continue the arguing. You should do the same again.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.