Author Topic: Role Play  (Read 9230 times)

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Role Play
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 10:06:02 pm »
ok what the hell. How can a client side hack teleport other players? This should be flagged as bugs, or blame your gamemode.
That's the only one I haven't seen, but I've heard of it happening before. I believe it exploits many common methods of code used by servers that give their administrators the ability to teleport other users. This is generally a script exploit introduced by the mod itself, hence a feature turned into an issue.

VetalYA

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 10:07:24 pm »
ok what the hell. How can a client side hack teleport other players? This should be flagged as bugs, or blame your gamemode.
I can tell you 1 secret, for  LU client side files they use unlocker.exe

They unlock gta3.exe process, and then replace my client side files, with their client side files (which contain hacks). I cant understand, how they unlock gta3.exe, but it's today's reality.

+ some of them probably use CLEO for GTA3

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »
I can tell you 1 secret, for  LU client side files they use unlocker.exe

They unlock gta3.exe process, and then replace my client side files, with their client side files (which contain hacks). I cant understand, how they unlock gta3.exe, but it's today's reality.

+ some of them probably use CLEO for GTA3
CLEO is only extending their SCM hooking abilities, which is not much at all.

VetalYA

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 10:55:44 pm »
Currently, i use only 1 client side file (which is not important). I will remove this file, and will see if hacks will be continued.

or blame your gamemode.
I know, what should do every line in my own gamemode, and there is no code which will emulate exotic hacks (discribed above)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 07:01:04 am by VetalYA »

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:24 pm »
Anti cheats are actually a lot more simple to script than people think, although some types of hacks are harder to catch.

Take a look at a teleport hack, for example. Have a server sided flag (in the form of a table or whatever) that only changes when a player legitimately teleports (like an admin using his /goto command or something). On the player update, check to see whether the flag is at its 'on' value, then allow the player to teleport, then turn off the flag. If the flag is NOT 'on' however, then proceed to calculate the distance from the previous position (which is updated in a table every time the player updates) to the new position. If the distance is too far, teleport them back to their original location (the one saved in the table), and alert admins about it. If the player is in a vehicle, set the distance for teleport detection a little higher, so the server doesnt think they are going too fast for being on foot.

Demi God

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2011, 02:17:42 am »
I and my team are doing a RP server ATM and we have good ideas it will be launched soon. ;)
Liberty Unleashed daily user!
[DW] Clan owner!
[DW] || Battle-Grounds server owner!
Click here to join us!

VetalYA

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2011, 07:11:18 am »
Anti cheats are actually a lot more simple to script than people think, although some types of hacks are harder to catch.
I Agree with you

After many hours which i spent on coding in SQ, i understand one thing: there is no problems which can't be solved.
Everything Have The Solution, so "hacks" is temp problem :)

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 10:56:16 am »
It would be better to have a good working anti cheat in the mod itself instead of every server owner has to write his own.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 06:28:13 pm »
Of course it's good to have one available for those that can't make their own, but having many people use it also allows the malicious mod makers to reverse engineer it and find out how to get around it with ease.

McKillerRus

• View Profile
    • Mah site! ^^
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2012, 08:14:14 pm »
1st, stop talking about f**king resolutions.
2nd, if for example, someone is stealing cars, and I am like a cop, busting him, will it be a RP?
/skin 11
/wep 5
/spawncar 134
/c1 0 0 0
/c2 0 0 0

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2012, 08:16:04 pm »
2nd, if for example, someone is stealing cars, and I am like a cop, busting him, will it be a RP?
1. Relax.
2. Yes.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2012, 08:54:48 pm »

1. What SugarD said
2. Only if he stole it RPly

VetalYA

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2012, 01:09:14 am »
RolePlay is good, but not for me, even if  i has developed it already :)

My new objective, is to create nice race server (core engine for races i already have from my previous gamemode (Race & Mini Missions in RolePlay game). In both versions (old & new) all races have been loaded automatically, but in the old version there was no command /join , and race starts only when someone hit the race checkpoint).

This time, I have considered laziness of some players, and now i do my server in very differend way.

Changelog:

1. Now, every race starts automatically.
2. For every race, each player have extra spawn point like in MTA or AdrenalineX server (SA:MP), which mean, they spawn in special car, in special line (like personal  position), with correct angle for each race.
3. Predefined car model for each race
4. Only 1 car model is allowed for each race
5. Every player have their own race car ( which is spawn automatically before race ), + automatically put in vehicle.
6. When race has been ended, every "race car" either  disappears either respawns ( but only if this car was predefined in Server\LU\content.xml  , just in case if "smart players" leave their race car, and entered to the "default" spawned car).

All this stuff, i have already scripted :!:

More stuff will be added in future... 8)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 01:17:05 am by VetalYA »

© Liberty Unleashed Team.