Author Topic: UnknowmPlayer Crashing? (UPDATE: KAS confirmed crashing servers)  (Read 6629 times)

VetalYA

Re: UnknowmPlayer Crashing? (UPDATE: KAS confirmed crashing servers)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 12:24:05 pm »
I have   another one good idea for ->  Global Ban system.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 06:51:38 pm »
The problem with a global ban list is then you get people being banned from all servers for breaking rules from one specific server that don't apply to others, like hackers in a RP server that also play in a stunt server that allow hacking for bigger stunts. As for a list for banning people globally for attacking servers indiscriminately in the rarer situations like this, this can already be done by banning them from the Master Server list since it's abuse the mod's bugs to destroy it's entire playerbase...not just that of one specific server.

VetalYA

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 09:48:29 pm »
I have sent to VRocker 3 PMs already, but i dont know if he recieved them...

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 09:53:25 pm »
What about global ban lists on different types of servers? Like one for roleplay, one for stunts, and so on ...

Also, if there is ever a ban list, I hope its moderated by official LU team members, so if somebody was wrongly banned or was banned by a server owner out for revenge, then it could be removed.

stormeus

• No-Lifer
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
A global ban list would only be appropriate for the most serious offenses, like crashing servers just because you can.
Morphine says:
    them LU devs ranting about how LU doesn't have client pickups
    while us VC:MPers don't have client anything
    ;_;

Stormeus Argo says:
    we have client crashes though
    ohohohohoho

Morphine says:
    LU DOESN'T HAVE THAT

Stormeus Argo says:
    LU - 0
    VC:MP - 1

VetalYA

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, 10:19:37 pm »
My current idea is only for Master Server list. In this idea i have described how to ban exact players.

I also have an a idea, how to ban exact player forever.

For example, if player which is banned connects to his localhost server, he will get a message, that he is banned or
smth like that  =)

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:38 am »
A global ban list could only work if there was regular evidence to support the need for the user to be banned. Despite different rules for different servers as explained above, not every admin is trustworthy in themselves. I could imagine a lot of threats, bias, and corruption by admins who ban people they just don't like.

I still think a reporting system is best. Say for example, if the user is reported more than 5 times for serious reasons, they could be put into the system. Either way, a global ban system would need to be operated by LU developers as far as I'm concerned. People can't be trusted managing it themselves.

In this case, letting people choose who they want banned on their own servers is good enough for most players and servers. KAS is a bit of an exception because he indiscriminately wants to wreck servers and prey on players. Most people don't act this oddly.

VetalYA

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 02:00:18 am »
@Ammonite

My ideas for players like KAS.

Because If someone shows disrespect to LU
Developers/Testers/Scripters & Players - All the time - they should not be able to play in Liberty Unleashed (at all).

It's my  opinion.

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 02:37:14 am »
Because If someone shows disrespect to LU
Developers/Testers/Scripters & Players - All the time - they should not be able to play in Liberty Unleashed (at all).

It's my  opinion.

You are writing that like I disagree with you, when I think its to everyone's opinion that nobody who tries to degrade LU or its servers should be allowed to keep playing.

Just I think you can agree LU and its players need to be careful in how situations like this are dealt with. I have confidence the developers know whats best.

VetalYA

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 10:14:17 pm »
Ok, i agree with you  ;)

silent_218

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 02:01:02 pm »
It's all great and wonderfull... what you can ban the player's ip on all servers at once if it need to be so.. but how about that point what crashing was because of lu's bag? On some servers, such as gta.ru server if you didn't write /login password - all players are automatically disconnect from this server. So.. i think you need fix this 1st, and only after that ban the player. Also ban the player on all LU servers - it's not so good point... give the server owners possibility to choose ban or not at they own servers... - this is enough for the truth.

That is.. no reason for creating global ban list i think...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:08:51 pm by silent_218 »

Alphazor

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 04:20:50 pm »
KAS only crashed gta.ru coz they have the timer for login which crashes the server,so actually he is abusing the bug from THE SERVER,and not from LU itself.

Have a boring day

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2011, 12:01:23 am »
KAS only crashed gta.ru coz they have the timer for login which crashes the server,so actually he is abusing the bug from THE SERVER,and not from LU itself.

Thanks for the help, though this was mentioned on page 1 of the topic.  :P

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2011, 12:08:06 am »
Irregardless, he is banned from this forum for his threats. No worries. GTA.Ru just needs to fix it's script bugs. In the mean time, KAS will have the pleasure of enjoying his permanent removal from the community for being immature. ;)

© Liberty Unleashed Team.