Author Topic: LU & Unlocker  (Read 2677 times)

VetalYA

LU & Unlocker
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:50:54 am »
It was chatted few weeks ago. These players talking in russian, & i want to explain:

[MC]San4ez: i think, maybe we have to create our own screen, when LU client is starting (init)  ?
[MC]GTASanek[gta.ru]: are you crazy, they will understand then, that Unlocker is able to break anticheat.
[MC]San4ez: i am joking, Sanek

Then, [MC]San4ez repeated his question:

[MC]San4ez: i think, maybe we have to create our own screen, when LU client is starting (init)  ?
[MC]ShumovP:  yes, we can create it :)
[MC]San4ez: lu.txd

I watch after this guys a lot of time, and i noticed that they are use some bugs or hacks as advantage. One day, Some of [MC] players even wrote it in  the chat.

------------
I want you to ask, can you check if unlocker injects in to LU, as those guys says in the chat ?
Here is link http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/

I think we have to improve our anticheat system, and create global ban system.
at least  create simply  ban system from Master List Server. So in that way, "bad boys" will not get a  list of LU servers in the internet & Offical Tab.

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 02:53:33 am by VetalYA »

Bob

• View Profile
Re: LU & Unlocker
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 03:55:31 am »
If this is true, it may explain why one Russian player I encountered couldn't be killed. In saying that, I have very little knowledge of this all and I didn't even know there was a way to 'hack' or 'cheat' hahah.

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:21:40 pm »
lol I don't think they have any knowledge of it. What does lu.txd have to do with hacks? Its just the loading screen, that's it...

VetalYA

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:29:52 pm »
If this is true, it may explain why one Russian player I encountered couldn't be killed. In saying that, I have very little knowledge of this all and I didn't even know there was a way to 'hack' or 'cheat' hahah.

Some of they  torrent seeders on purpose, to create insane  ping.
When someone have insane ping, that  player becomes immortal  because he  lag  for other players.

Solution for high ping is here: http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php?topic=901.0

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 02:16:26 pm »
Hmmm i see, i was informed of someone doing something similar to this before i stopped the folder from being renamed. Thats what the 'unlocked' application gets around. It will enable people to load different files without the AC knowing. This only does so much but i have thought of a better way of doing it, which i will implement into the next version.

A global banlist has been discussed a few times but it would need to be done correctly to avoid abuse or wrongful banning. We are able to block people from the masterlist if it comes to that, but that would be a last resort.

You would think seeing as LU has a small player base, that people wouldn't cheat since it drives new players away.

VetalYA

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 04:05:46 pm »
A global banlist has been discussed a few times but it would need to be done correctly to avoid abuse or wrongful banning. We are able to block people from the masterlist if it comes to that, but that would be a last resort.

You would think seeing as LU has a small player base, that people wouldn't cheat since it drives new players away.
Totally agree with you... My suggestion about Master List was not the best idea.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.