Author Topic: The Problem here  (Read 2540 times)

bl0x0ld

• View Profile
The Problem here
« on: June 28, 2011, 06:30:32 am »
The reason this is so dead is because beginners look for things like this, the site is set up for advanced scripters and all guides are for ones who would have a slight idea what they are doing

1. Why would any advanced scripter want to waste time on someone elses project?
2. There are tons of Help topic that are never answerd, and If they are the answers are indirect, re-directing or just plain Rude

The solution,
 you can still attract a mass variety of people: Players, Scripters and their friends..
Make NOOB guides (you may think the guids are noob but theyre far from it)
The initial release needs a BETTER game mode (objective) RPG, KOTH, ect.. something the players will want to keep playing, cause come on the shit in the initial download sucks

Truth is scripters dont want to script for themselves, and players dont want to play boring ass unfinished games

All the pieces are there, put it together

This has to be one of the best gta3 servers ive seen but for a minor modifier like me its too complicated

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
Re: The Problem here
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 01:01:44 pm »
I agree with you totally and its something i have been talking to the testers about for quite some time.
We desperately need more and fresher game modes, as well as more public scripts for people to learn from. There have been many modes started on, but are still unfinished so the servers for them remain either offline or locked. I keep prodding the scripters responsible to try and finish them.

As for the initial download, I totally agree that it needs better default modes, and I will be asking the testers, or anybody else who is willing, to create some.

We will get there eventually :)

Windlord

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 09:04:33 pm »
Whilst I agree, I can't help but point out the real problem.

This game is old.

Any productive and motivated GTA3 fan has since moved on to more modern, better looking and featureful games.
GTA3 is boring and looks like crap and yes, having interesting game modes would help but the real problem is that there isn't anyone around to maintain a healthy community.

A healthy community would be formed mainly of regular players who create clans, events, and publicity through being a player.
There would be a few scripters, bug fixes and updates, but the fact that there are players would be more than enough to maintain the community. (Eg. VC:MP)
LU has impressive lists of fixes and feature updates for every small update which happens monthly.
The script releases are advanced for the age of the mod due to great scripting support.

What we have here is a few people trying the game and leaving,
and not enough credit which the devs, scripters and players can provide to each other.
When a script is released, or a question is asked, no one responds nor gives it a go.
Some 'smart-talk'ing guys like yourself and I throw in a comment here and there thinking it improves the situation but it really doesn't.

Solution? Do and do not dictate what should be done.

Invite your friends to a LU shoot-out,
try out some scripting,
Spread the word via social media
etc

--
Also,
"Set up for advanced scripters"?
Have you even made an attempt to try the available stuff out?
Most scripts being released here have a clear set up documentation including installation instructions and descriptions of the scripts.
I have rarely seen other mods have such a way of releasing scripts
The wiki is clear and is written in good and understandable English..
The language is easy and there are several examples you can look through.

bl0x0ld

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 10:43:34 pm »
That's very Logical, Please dont get the wrong Idea about how i use my words. I am no dictator, I would just like to see the work done here NOT be in vein due to a lack of things to do ingame, I did presume noone played because of the time I play (US) but I was wrong, since ive posted There have been 5+ well working scripts released.. Yes the game is old but we're still here right (me cause I use a netbook, started  with san andreas and worked my way down til it ran smooth)

I guess what I'm trying to say is there has to be a better way to draw more players, release a download of a full gta3 Client that only connects to LU... Strictly RPG so maybe that one player online still has something to do.. and anyone who finds this site that doesnt have gta3 can get it

I am always full of ideas but never the means to do something about it,
So this is best i can do (suggest) =D.. never mean any disrespect though

Windlord

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 03:52:07 am »
Never meant any hostility myself.
In fact, your suggestions are very welcome and I agree with all of it.
Just had to say what had to be said though.

Modifying or distributing the game executable is against the EULA and therefore what you suggested will not be possible.
Also, a RPG mode would take quite a while and the LU devs are already quite busy figuring out fixes to bugs without any documentation or tools provided. (Lots of trial & error, guesswork and reading of random hex codes)
I am aware that a RPG server is being worked on. (or so I think... )

Stick around longer and try some scripting and one day this community should build itself :)

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:00:13 pm »
I am aware that a RPG server is being worked on. (or so I think... )
It is, But we're having 2 projects at the same time. I think/hope TF2 is faster done tho.

Knucis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 01:40:20 pm »
Yeah, Gamesparks (spoilers, gonna get banhammer'd by Thijn) will be out, hopefully, soon.

bl0x0ld

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 05:26:15 am »
I cant wait

© Liberty Unleashed Team.