Author Topic: Update 0.1.0.7 (02/12/2010)  (Read 4176 times)

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
Update 0.1.0.7 (02/12/2010)
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:00:35 am »
Liberty Unleashed 0.1 Update

Updates to Liberty Unleashed 0.1 have been released, they will be automatically applied the next time you restart your server browser, the following changes include:

• Fixed the linux server updating itself. No longer requires the Updater.bin (Linux only, windows still requires it)
  • Added Player.Collidable to clientside scripts
  • Made Player.Name return a colourless nick, added Player.ColouredNick (useful for GUI stuff)
  • Fixed a small bug with spawn class/screen loading
  • Fixed an argument bug in ScreenPosToWorld
  • Fixed a crash in SetServerName (using it on script load)
  • Added password saving to favourite servers in the browser
  • Fixed a bug with object angles
  • Fixed a bug with spawnscreen when the player was spawned using a script
  • Fixed unable to join the server when setting handling on a specific vehicle

The update requires the new client (which the browser should download) and a new server for any server hosters.

Note: If your browser does not run anymore, you updated to a buggy browser. To fix, reinstall Liberty Unleashed, then navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Unleashed Games and delete the Passwords file. The browser should then work again.

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Update 0.1.0.7 (02/12/2010)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 03:19:20 pm »
Finally you lazy feckers :D

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 03:44:23 pm »
Bug:
Code: (squirrel) [Select]
function onPlayerEnteringVehicle( player, vehicle, door )
{
vehicle.Locked = true;
}

then:

Code: (squirrel) [Select]
if ( cmd == "stokuisafriendofmine" )
{
player.Pos = Vector( some x, some y, some z );
}

Setting "player.Pos" after entering closed vehicle will move vehicle instead of player.

Request:
Will you add feature like scaling sprites or ability to set nametag font size, healthbar size, it's position etc? What about adding possibility to render some GUI stuff in 3D?
The same bug with setting player pos exists, when player will cancel entering vehicle. Did you fixed it in 0.1.0.7?

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:08:23 pm »
If you set the position in a locked vehicle, does it move the player and the vehicle or just the vehicle?

Setting the position in a vehicle thats not locked moves the vehicle too, if you just want to move the player, remove them from the vehicle first.

We will look into adding sprite scaling etc into the next update. Sprites are still a bit immature at this stage so they are missing functionality and are a tad unstable (like adding as a child to a window results in a crash, which is fixed in the next update)

The nametag customisation could be added easily. Do you mean adding to scripts or having it like the chatboxsize stuff?

The cancel exiting vehicle problem is still there, i have looked into it briefly but not thoroughly. It is one of the things high up on my 'todo' list though since its one of the main causes of desync.
Sorry i didnt reply to your last post, must've missed it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:08:28 pm by VRocker »

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 01:02:56 am »
If you set the position in a locked vehicle, does it move the player and the vehicle or just the vehicle?

Setting the position in a vehicle thats not locked moves the vehicle too, if you just want to move the player, remove them from the vehicle first.
I know that, but I was talking about bug, when player is trying to enter locked vehicle (which fail) and then tries to teleport. It'll move empty vehicle instead of player. The same thing happens when player cancels entering vehicle and after that tries to teleport. When I was posting my first post I didn't know about 2nd way to reproduce this bug ;).

We will look into adding sprite scaling etc into the next update. Sprites are still a bit immature at this stage so they are missing functionality and are a tad unstable (like adding as a child to a window results in a crash, which is fixed in the next update)
Lol, I noticed that crash, but I thought it was my coding fail.

The nametag customisation could be added easily. Do you mean adding to scripts or having it like the chatboxsize stuff?
Both of these ways could be nice, but with priority like this:
1. script,
2. client config.
or just scriptable.

Sorry i didnt reply to your last post, must've missed it.
You're welcome :).

© Liberty Unleashed Team.