Author Topic: gta.exe problem help please  (Read 11504 times)

KazziK2

• View Profile
Re: gta.exe problem help please
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 10:46:00 pm »
Read carefully, AdTec_224 said that the patch will work for a legitimate gta3.exe file.
If you downloaded GTA3 as a bunch of files (disregarding whether you paid for it or not), your game will be using a cracked exe.
Such an executable file will not be patchable.

If you want to obtain a valid game executable, you should ask in crack/warez related forums, not here.
Distribution of gta executables is forbidden by law.
AdTec_224's advice is the best advice available for anyone. Re-install a legitimate copy of GTA3 and patch the exe to 1.1 using the official patch.

In conclusion, we will not help you get a gta3.exe illegally so look elsewhere and don't post on this forum regarding acquiring the exe anymore.

Note to other users: Posting of links to gta executables are strictly forbidden. Do not do it.

So you are legal huh? you are really dont download music from internet? you really dont download movies from internet? you have buyed in shop your windows  (operation system) ? Comon! dont talk about law and other stuff, if you doing things which breaks law

(my english is bad sry)

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 11:58:30 pm »
Its not about doing bad things, it's about sharing it here...

tmavs4

• Vice City Ladder Referee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 04:59:44 am »
I agree. Windlord is right, when he/she (srry about your gender) told me that i had to look for a gta3 1.1 exe, i never replied back here again asking the same question. I searched so many videos on YouTube saying the same thing, My ''Most Watched Videos'' had all types of GTAIII failed tutorials on it.

I think that you, ''mailman'' should do the same thing because all you are going to get is long essays and opinions from Windlord and other helpers basically saying the same thing they/them said before. Just keep looking and stop replying. Hopefully somebody will be there to help you out, but for now , just keep looking on Crack/Warez sites and Search Engines. Hopefully you will find one.  ;)
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8776/defaultcaw0am0e.jpg[/img][/URL]

V-Rocker = Administrator / Scriptor of GTA:LU +10

mailman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 07:48:49 am »
To all the internet policemen of legality and Sargent Windlord,

I decided to call Rockstar's support number and they actually told me that the download version of the game can't be patched with the 1.1 patch because it does not have the issues present in the CD copy version of the game. I also suspect there aren't any cracks for it out there anyway. So I went ahead and ordered the CD copy, will be getting it in a few business days.

P.S. Good point KazziK2 lol.

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 09:11:53 pm »
I'm guessing your version is actually 1.1, but is the same version that steam uses.

Steam uses a copy of GTA3 that is version 1.1 without the disk check, while no-cd cracks accomplish this without modifying the rest of the code, R* have remade it by removing a handful of functions, therfor changing some offsets.

We are looking into making a steam/digital download compatible version but it may take some time.

It really sucks how its only 2000 bytes differant (not even that) and it stops us from working with it :(

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »
For previous posters who continued the illegal discussions, your posts have been removed. Piracy is not supported here, nor is it allowed.

Issue resolved, topic locked.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.