Author Topic: gta.exe problem help please  (Read 11508 times)

mailman

• View Profile
gta.exe problem help please
« on: October 29, 2010, 03:16:53 am »
Hello everyone,

Today I tried to run the LU client but it says it does not recognize the gta.exe file in my GTAIII folder. Also tried replacing the gta.exe with the official 1.1 patch but that also does not work because it does not recognize it. I don't have an illegal copy of the game, I actually bought a clean downloable copy from gamestop.com. What else can I try?

Or would anyone be so kind to host a copy of their gta.exe somewhere? Or perhaps email it to me at my email <-- Removed  -->?

Please somebody help  :'(  :'(  :'(    I really want to play this game  ::)

Best regards,

mailman

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:49:59 pm by SugarD »

Romop5

• A student of university and creator of LHMP.
    • View Profile
    • LHMP
Re: gta.exe problem help please
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 09:22:19 am »
try download this patched gta3.exe
<- link removed ->
(To download "Save file to your PC:")
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:28:34 pm by AdTec_224 »

_GHT_MarK445

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 09:23:48 am »
hey I'll try it too but something ... You're slovakian? because hey, if Skype and give it this: you as gta 3?

Romop5

• A student of university and creator of LHMP.
    • View Profile
    • LHMP
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:55:36 am »
I m from slovaKIA :), my skype: romop555

mailman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 10:12:33 am »
try download this patched gta3.exe
<- link removed ->
(To download "Save file to your PC:")

Hey Romop5,

I replaced the gta3.exe file with the one you linked for download, and I was able to start the game. However, there is another problem. Now it asks me to insert GTA3 Disc 2. But I don't have any disks because I downloaded my GTA3 copy from gamestop.com. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks for your help  :)

mailman
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:28:46 pm by AdTec_224 »

AdTec_224

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 01:33:55 am »
Please dont ask for illegal stuff - Incuding, but not limited to, No-CD cracks, a Download link to GTA3 and any other forms of warez. We do not support it so you wont get any help from us

And that would include Thijn's link since you're still linking to warez sorry.

I see that AdTec_224 removed the links that people have posted, but did not bother to offer any solution/advice.

Can somebody send me a private message with the link to download the no-cd gta3.exe?  Thank you.

Advice i'll give you is to reinstall GTA:III and patch to 1.1 with the official patch located: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f79-gta3-1-1-patch (patch will ONLY work if you have a legit 1.0 exe)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:36:42 am by AdTec_224 »

mailman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 03:03:32 am »
Please dont ask for illegal stuff - Incuding, but not limited to, No-CD cracks, a Download link to GTA3 and any other forms of warez. We do not support it so you wont get any help from us

And that would include Thijn's link since you're still linking to warez sorry.

I see that AdTec_224 removed the links that people have posted, but did not bother to offer any solution/advice.

Can somebody send me a private message with the link to download the no-cd gta3.exe?  Thank you.

Advice i'll give you is to reinstall GTA:III and patch to 1.1 with the official patch located: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f79-gta3-1-1-patch (patch will ONLY work if you have a legit 1.0 exe)

Thanks for the reply. I bought a download copy from gamestop.com, but the official gta3 1.1 patch does not recognize the gta3.exe in my GTAIII folder. The LU server browser/client does not recognize it either. I need to replace it with a "gta3.exe" that the LU browser/client will recognize.

Windlord

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 04:37:47 am »
Read carefully, AdTec_224 said that the patch will work for a legitimate gta3.exe file.
If you downloaded GTA3 as a bunch of files (disregarding whether you paid for it or not), your game will be using a cracked exe.
Such an executable file will not be patchable.

If you want to obtain a valid game executable, you should ask in crack/warez related forums, not here.
Distribution of gta executables is forbidden by law.
AdTec_224's advice is the best advice available for anyone. Re-install a legitimate copy of GTA3 and patch the exe to 1.1 using the official patch.

In conclusion, we will not help you get a gta3.exe illegally so look elsewhere and don't post on this forum regarding acquiring the exe anymore.

Note to other users: Posting of links to gta executables are strictly forbidden. Do not do it.

mailman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 06:33:28 am »
Read carefully, AdTec_224 said that the patch will work for a legitimate gta3.exe file.
If you downloaded GTA3 as a bunch of files (disregarding whether you paid for it or not), your game will be using a cracked exe.
Such an executable file will not be patchable.

If you want to obtain a valid game executable, you should ask in crack/warez related forums, not here.
Distribution of gta executables is forbidden by law.
AdTec_224's advice is the best advice available for anyone. Re-install a legitimate copy of GTA3 and patch the exe to 1.1 using the official patch.

In conclusion, we will not help you get a gta3.exe illegally so look elsewhere and don't post on this forum regarding acquiring the exe anymore.

Note to other users: Posting of links to gta executables are strictly forbidden. Do not do it.

Dear Windlord,

You have no idea how ignorant and misinformed your last statement is.

I said in my opening post that I bought the game legally. Rockstar gives customers different options for obtaining the game. One of those options is to buy the game as a legal download from a variety of legitimate online stores, one such store is www.gamestop.com.

Anyone can confirm this by going to www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto3 and clicking on "PC Version Also Available" link and then clicking on "Buy Now".

In conclusion, f**k off this thread and take your ignorant comments elsewhere.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:08:28 pm by mailman »

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 12:24:47 pm »
And the official patch doesn't see your exe, so you need a illegal exe which we wont help you with. (::))

In conclusion, f**k off this thread and take your ignorant comments elsewhere.
That could get you banned. Respect others comments, Windlord was right.

RoacH

• Pillz Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 12:51:28 pm »
*RoacH bangs his head on the wall.
*_Tommy is known as RoacH

Coach: Who the hell...puts an evac station...up thirty flights of goddamn stairs?
Nick: Come on, Coach... Maybe the helicopter... maybe it's made of chocolate!
Coach: >:/

mailman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »
Ok, I understand that it's against the rules to assist others in obtaining a cracked gta3.exe. But that does not give Windlord license to wrongly accuse me of getting an illegal copy of the game by downloading a "bunch of files". I have a legal copy.

Anyhow, it looks like I'm gonna have to search all corners of earth to find this exe. Sigh  :-\ .

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2010, 03:00:54 pm »
Ok, I understand that it's against the rules to assist others in obtaining a cracked gta3.exe. But that does not give Windlord license to wrongly accuse me of getting an illegal copy of the game by downloading a "bunch of files". I have a legal copy.
You have a cracked copy of the exe since you don't have a CD. If you paid for it, then fine. It stays an cracked exe, legit or not.

Anyhow, it looks like I'm gonna have to search all corners of earth to find this exe. Sigh  :-\ .
It's not that hard to find, just google for it.

mailman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2010, 03:33:19 pm »
So Rockstar "cracked" their own game to make it work without a CD....lol. I think cracking means when a piece of software is modified without permission by someone besides the creator. And Google has not helped since the beginning.

Thanks to the cool guys who tried to help, I might just end up buying the actual CD copy.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:35:16 pm by mailman »

Windlord

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2010, 07:03:56 pm »
Dear mailman,

First of all, I apologise if my post offended you in any way.

Now to clarify things...
First off, I have indeed read through the whole thread before posting and was aware that you had downloaded a copy of GTA3 from GameStop.
I checked with the GTA3 official website to see if it was a legitimate method of downloading GTA3 digitally and found that the links provided were all out of date apart from one, Rockstar Warehouse, which offers to ship you a copy of the PC version of GTA3.
GameStop most likely started offering the digital download version a long while after GTA3 was published in its original CD format.

Also my post was aimed at anyone in general, and not yourself in particular.
However, the reason I said "bunch of files" is because you mentioned you were not using a CD image of GTA3, and the reason I said "cracked" is because I have seen no evidence that the digital download version from GameStop is officially distributed by Rockstar Games.

GTA3 is an old game. It was first sold in a CD format and the official patch supports the original CD version.
The only legitimate digital download version I know of is the Steam version for which support will be available soon.
Of course there may be other versions which I do not know of but Rockstar's own website does not indicate that there are.
If there is indeed any sort of a legitimate version which does not require a CD, apart from the Steam version, the executable will not be patchable and you will either have to look for a crack or ask Rockstar's support for an updated version for your legal copy.

Liberty Unleashed is a public modification of Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto III, and adheres to all terms and conditions as well as legal disclosures set by Rockstar Games.
The members of the Liberty Unleashed Team who have bothered to help you out here, are doing so only in the greatest interest of assisting you to play Liberty Unleashed.

I am saddened that everything has to be spelled out and spoon fed in such a manner.
Now please search for a working GTA3 executable, elsewhere.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.