Author Topic: An update on the progress  (Read 40027 times)

Vandi

• View Profile
Re: An update on the progress
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2015, 02:12:43 am »
Is LU abandoned by you guys?

Vandi

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2015, 02:31:32 am »
Cos I think those crashes have to be fixed someday

rwwpl

• LU-DM Team
    • View Profile
    • LU-DM Team
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 02:13:51 pm »
There is progress. You just can't see it yet. The Developers can't update you guys every time they write a line of code! ;)

VCMP can, but LU can't?

LU could also have little updates like a VCMP 0.4. I don't mean new stuff, just only improvements.

example:
http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=897.0
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:19:49 pm by rwwpl »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2015, 11:31:44 pm »
There is progress. You just can't see it yet. The Developers can't update you guys every time they write a line of code! ;)

VCMP can, but LU can't?

LU could also have little updates like a VCMP 0.4. I don't mean new stuff, just only improvements.

example:
http://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=897.0

1. VC:MP doesn't update you every time they update a line of code.
2. VC:MP 0.4 had been in the works for MUCH longer than LU 0.1.1.0 had been.

[RU]Kewun

• C.R.C Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2015, 10:19:55 am »
Theres also a crash when sometimes pressing q or e in  a car, to change the camera to left or right, once when i was driving to a ramp, i pressed q and e and i crashed..
Fear the wrath of god!

Gudio

• View Profile

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 01:27:56 am »
Theres also a crash when sometimes pressing q or e in  a car, to change the camera to left or right, once when i was driving to a ramp, i pressed q and e and i crashed..

Please report that to the appropriate location.

Everyone who is waiting for an update may read this post.

http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,1811.msg12371.html#msg12371
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:30:18 am by SugarD »

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2015, 02:19:28 pm »
Another thing that we have added in the next version is NPCs. Currently the NPCs are fairly basic and can't do as much as we want them to but we are planning to expand on them in future versions. NPCs are going to be mainly script controlled, with handling how they handle being shot and ran over being processed in your own scripts. This will allow server owners to give greater control over their NPCs and give a more unique feel to the server.
Currently you can set the NPCs position, angle, health, armour, alpha, weapon and place them in vehicles in either the driver or passenger seat. There are also events for when NPCs get shot or hit by a vehicle. As i said we will be expanding on these in future versions so they can follow preset paths and eventually be able to 'break free' of the paths as well as shoot at a specific location as dictated by a script. The reason why they can't currently do that is because its a lot of work.

As a reminder, please report any bugs you encounter to http://mantis.liberty-unleashed.co.uk so it is easier for us to track them.

We hope you will like the new things in LU and are looking forward to the next release. We can't give any estimations on when it will be released but are aiming to release it soon as some of the fixes are important.

since the topic is not locked i figured I'd put my mind to the matter of lcpd
i already know that the police wonk work basically known that for a decade. in GGM Multiplayer for gta 3 you could steal the cop car and lcpd just walks away. you can beat them nothing. the army fbi and police will follow you i just checked for curiosity i typed the crazy pedestrians with weapons cheat they will actually kill you and attack. if there is a way to code a pedestrian to have police skin and write the code to do the actions of wanted level activated..
you just might have something. im not sure if there was a lot pf coding GoE barna did for pedestrians but i really think that this will make it happen if you play with the pedestrians and turn them into police..

The idea for controllable pedestrians has been discussed and was previously being worked on, however as mentioned, you would still have to script in your own functionality to make this work once that feature is released.

PerikiyoXD

• DUUH DO IT NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2015, 03:08:27 pm »
I personally know that releasing games or some kind of software is risky, because if you release some faulty software, it can harass the community/users and even make them not use it anymore. I've lived this for myself.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2015, 07:02:05 pm »
I personally know that releasing games or some kind of software is risky, because if you release some faulty software, it can harass the community/users and even make them not use it anymore. I've lived this for myself.
Exactly! You said it very well.

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2015, 04:44:41 pm »
Thought I'd plonk a post in here as I've been very inactive for a long time.
I really wish that i had the time to work on this mod some more but unfortunately for the last year or so I have been super busy with real life stuff and other not-so-big projects. I know the other developers are in the same position as me.
As SugarD has mentioned a few times, this mod is done in our spare time. Something which we are all lacking lately. I am planning on revisiting the LU code around Christmas to look at some of the common bugs and fix up some little things but don't hold me to that as something else might come up.

LU will never be abandoned (as some people think it is) as this will always be my first big project and it will remain special to me and to the other developers. We do sometimes have new ideas for it but finding the time to implement them is a problem. I understand people's frustration with the lack of updates but please understand that paid jobs come first.

So, there may be an update sometime the end of the year with some bug fixes but don't expect too much

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 11:46:52 pm »
I really wish that i had the time to work on this mod some more but unfortunately for the last year or so I have been super busy with real life stuff and other not-so-big projects. I know the other developers are in the same position as me.
As SugarD has mentioned a few times, this mod is done in our spare time. Something which we are all lacking lately. I am planning on revisiting the LU code around Christmas to look at some of the common bugs and fix up some little things but don't hold me to that as something else might come up.

LU will never be abandoned (as some people think it is) as this will always be my first big project and it will remain special to me and to the other developers. We do sometimes have new ideas for it but finding the time to implement them is a problem. I understand people's frustration with the lack of updates but please understand that paid jobs come first.

So, there may be an update sometime the end of the year with some bug fixes but don't expect too much

I totally understand Vrocker. Please Remember to backup your work. This happened to another GTA III mp owner his hard-drive crashed losing the source.

I'm in collage at the moment and will be out of this awful money situation I've been in hopefully soon. What if i could attempt to do some funding for Liberty Unleashed as crazy as that sounds, I wouldn't mind. It would More than likely cause you to want to work on this project again. It would be like a second job during the times of funding.I am not saying big bucks or small bucks maybe like 100 USD during a time of your work on Liberty Unleashed.

Hopefully Cool Updates  ;D ?

Kunio

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2015, 05:18:30 pm »

I hope you mean this year, not 2020.

neocortex

• Fuhrer of C.R.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2015, 06:12:36 pm »

I hope you mean this year, not 2020.

+

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2015, 11:07:28 am »
The more you guys spread hate his way, the less likely he will release anything for you to enjoy.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.