Author Topic: Conversion of GTA3MTA's "islands" for LU  (Read 1841 times)

Towncivilian

• View Profile
    • Multi Theft Auto
Conversion of GTA3MTA's "islands" for LU
« on: October 08, 2010, 05:58:58 am »
I'm wondering whether there'd be any interest in a complete conversion of GTA3MTA's island gamemodes for GTALU. After I get relatively proficient with Squirrel, I could essentially copy each island's map and gamemodes (would be pretty easy for me as I'm familiar with MTA's SCMs) as they exist currently, I guess just to "preserve" the classic gameplay of GTA3MTA, then eventually make a combination of all three islands with some new gamemodes involving the three islands, etc.

What do you guys think?

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
Re: Conversion of GTA3MTA's "islands" for LU
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:35:16 am »
Sounds like a nice idea. Should be doable too due to all the script functions we have.

Would be nice since people like the old MTA game modes, and playing them in a stable environment with better sync would make them more fun :)

Towncivilian

• View Profile
    • Multi Theft Auto
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:42:38 am »
Yeah, I'd like to experience the 'classic' gameplay (for the first time really, I didn't play GTA3MTA during its heyday) with excellent sync and stability. Portland and Staunton would be easily scripted since they're just the respective islands alone with Ammunations/PnS, random spawnpoints, vehicle/weapon positions and other basic stuff like that, but SSV would take longer due to its many gamemodes and other related complexities. But it'd be fun I think!

Even though the potential of LU is greatly increased compared to MTA's pioneering techniques, I'd still probably aim for a carbon copy of the gamemodes just to preserve their nostalgia somewhat, and enhance them later as separate "resources" with more weapons, spawn menus, fun gamemodes, and a combination of islands.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:56:02 pm »
*Bump*

Someone has made a Portland copycat, but it's definitely missing a lot, and it's horribly bugged now. Vehicles are broken to all hell and it's plagued with bugs. Would be nice if someone made one gamemode that contained all three islands together, with all the mini-games, pickups, etc.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.