Update (08/08/2010)Public beta has been closed!
Thanks everyone for participating!
We're throwing a party! i mean... public beta!
Just to test out the stability and make sure theres no big, obvious bugs left. Theres still a few small bugs but we've decided its good enough for a pub beta
The browser is NOT the finished one, its just one we threw together in a few minutes so its buggy. Theres an alternative old browser Here if your having problems.
Remember! You need gta3 1.1 to play. If you run GTA and you get a black screen, that pressing enter or space closes, then you dont have 1.1.
You can get the setup file Here. Sorry about the msi, was easy to create and wont be the finished installer.Update: (31/07/2010)
Another update. Fixed the player being in the incorrect seat and hopefully being thrown out the vehicle randomly. Theres other improvements but thats the main. Download above, or Here if you have already installed.
On a side note, this update (31/7/2010) also fixes the 3d positional audio with Mumble
. When mumble is configured correctly, you can hear players speaking from where they are in game, getting louder the closer they are and taking advantage of surround systems.
Theres a voice server running at mumble.liberty-unleashed.co.uk if anybody wants to try it
Hope to see you in game! Known Issues
- Server name in the scoreboard is bigger than the board itself
- Graphics corruption if using a 16bit resolution (If you have purple blocks on the screen, this is why)
Warpy vehicle sync, with a ped 'flying' behind the car. Currently investigating this Sometimes cant passenger in a car, possibly due to a variation of the above issue
- Being around too many exploding cars can cause a crash
- Passengers radar blips are 'jerky'
- Cars sometimes dont explode, we're looking into it
Will add to this list when i remember more.Info
- To spawn, press the right ctrl
- To enter as a passenger, press the enter key near to any passenger door. To enter as driver, do the same next to the drivers door
- If you wish to change your skin, press F4
- The chatbox and console can be customised. Type commands in the console (activated with the ` key)
- As some people prefer to have no chatbox background, theres /chatback off
- The speedo, sounds etc are client side scripts. If you want to look at the client scripts loaded, navigate to Documents/GTA3 User Files/LU/Scripts
- There are currently 2 scripts loaded on the server, one is producing an invalid command error even when its valid. Just ignore it
- A few useful commands in the loaded scripts are: /wep <id> /spawncar <id/name> /fixme /heal /c1 <r g b> /c2 <r g b>
Please can you report any crashes or bugs to the bug tracker Here