Author Topic: GTA V Spawn Camera  (Read 2270 times)

Vortrex

• View Profile
GTA V Spawn Camera
« on: February 08, 2017, 05:58:58 am »
I got bored and decided to make a spawn camera like the one in Grand Theft Auto V.

You know ... the one where it goes into birds-eye view like the old GTA, then changes a couple of times, each getting closer to the player until finally showing the player and restoring control.

Usually a little dialog in there too, but I didn't recreate that lol.

So behold, the same spawn camera for Liberty Unleashed!
Just plug and play, pretty much. Script folder into server, add to content.xml, and so on.

A couple of things though:
The draw distance sucks for GTA III, so I had to bring the camera view way down. In GTA V they usually start with the whole city or an entire region of the rural area, before making their way down to the smaller area where the player is. This spawn camera I made starts in the small area, and works down from there. Not exactly the same but it's pretty neat though.

Second, normal spawn with the control key is blocked. Use the following snippet of code to use the new spawn camera:
Code: [Select]
GTAVSpawn ( Player pPlayer , Vector pVector );

Anyway, here's the link to the source. Available on GitHub.
https://github.com/VortrexFTW/lu_gtavspawncam

Easy peasy.
Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:15:07 pm by Vortrex »

Rhytz

• View Profile
    • Rhytz's Website
Re: GTA V Spawn Camera
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 12:41:16 pm »
Hey thats awesome  :) Nice job

Would it be possible to do something like CallServerFunc("Scripts/GTA V Spawn Camera", "GTAVSpawn", FindLocalPlayer(), vectorpos) before returning 0 in the onClientRequestSpawn function? So to replace the entire spawning system?

Is onClientRequestSpawn called when pressing ctrl in the spawnclass selection, and when respawning after death?
Meet everyone on the Liberty Unleashed Discord || Check out my website/portal!

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:12:37 pm »
Rhytz,

From my experience, onClientRequestSpawn is only called when CTRL is pressed. Returning 0 will make it do nothing. Player just sits at the spawn screen as if their CTRL key was broken or something.

The reason I'm not using the normal spawn mechanism is it bugs out for me sometimes. Also it prevents the  spawn spam thing that's been going around, so that's a plus.

Anytime you need the player to spawn, just use GTAVSpawn like the instructions in the original post. It pretty much takes care of the rest.

If you want it to use the normal mechanism, then yes, add it to a server function call within a client script. Just remember to register the function in a server script first.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

MrDamage

• View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 07:22:45 pm »
seems great. :D

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 08:14:26 pm »
Poor choice of words.
If the video is hiding any information on how to do it, then it's not very informative.

EDIT:
I'm going to lock this topic. It's a script release, not a discussion regarding spawn screen exploits.
If anybody need support using this, please contact me via a forum PM.

Aeoris, you blocked my PM so I'll just put it here:
The spawn screen topic was locked because it's a script release, not a discussion regarding spawn screen exploits.

If you have an exploit regarding spawn screens, thats fine. I would prefer you keep the thread on-topic. Also, your exploit topic should probably be placed in the bugs section. You can find that here

I edited the final post, to announce why I locked it. You can find it here

Enjoy the release! I think the spawn screen in GTA V is pretty cool so one for Liberty Unleashed was a good idea.

Thanks,
VortrexFTW
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:36:24 pm by Vortrex »

© Liberty Unleashed Team.