Author Topic: Worst Server (in LU history)  (Read 4838 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Worst Server (in LU history)
« on: December 09, 2016, 05:36:36 am »
More than two years after its foundation, I felt like it was about time to have its own topic. So here we go: unwelcomed to Worst Server unofficial topic folks. All the updates about lately added awful features, unimportant news disclosures, further script unoptimisation and other random shite will be posted here.

The whole concept behind it was about how long a unskilled script newb can survive in the virtual jungle LU is. At least initially the server was based off Mess About Server script, however it later evolved into a messy freeroam of its own kind, even though I'm the same script newb as two years ago :P

Along with this topic I'm also somewhat glad to announce, after a not well pondered sudden change of mind, that Worst Server has just been updated to 0.17 version, and thus more easily playable by everyone.

I can't assure there will be more frequent updates, lately motivation struck me again, but more than half of the times I end up being stuck at some point while coding some crazy ideas. I may take it back in the future, but for long I planned to rewrite it completely to no extent. So I'll try to progressively modify it in shape with smaller updates.

Here in Worst Server, we don't believe in security, so we use unhashed passwords! Jokes ::) but in fact, we don't use passwords at all. There is no account system so far, I always deemed it too good for the server. The only downside being the FFA impersonation, consider it a feature, if you see my nick in the server you may never know whether it's me or someone else :D

What it's there to add? Today I opened the browser and I find it impressive how this joke made it so far, breaking several records, currently being the second oldest server other than GTA.ru (at the time of posting) and the only server that has been up without a break since August 2014. And yes I know "lolmortuary" is also older but it's been constantly on and off.

"The Worst is here to stay" and being the WSO (Worst Server Owner) I can't assure I'll keep faith with this promise.

Insincerely yours, your WSO Theremin.

Server changelog:

[1.0.5a - 17/Dec/2016]
- added random spawn locations.
- tetris minigame. (postponed)
- snow. (postponed)

[1.0.5b - 27/Dec/2016]
- blocked boats spawn via /v command.
- edited /window location object.

[1.0.6 - January or February] (cancelled)
- scattered boats around the map.

[1.0.7 - 23/Mar/2017]
- scattered boats around the map.
- removed some unused scripts.
- made server a bit more secure.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:39:09 am by Theremin »

Vortrex

• View Profile
Re: Worst Server (in LU history)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 06:45:12 am »
I hope you don't see this as an insult since you aim for the worst server, but with the few servers that are online, yours is the best.

Alphazor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 12:47:06 pm »
lolmortuary!:D says: I will not die; not yet amigo!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 12:49:27 pm by Alphazor »

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 03:31:45 pm »
I hope you don't see this as an insult since you aim for the worst server, but with the few servers that are online, yours is the best.
No, not at all, thanks Vortrex ;) btw happy birthday!

lolmortuary!:D says: I will not die; not yet amigo!
Wow I even got Alphazor to post, that's also impressive, hvalaa :)

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 05:43:33 pm »
Impressive ... Most impressive.

Alphazor, glad you could join us again. I hope the trip to the land of the dead went well. Did you bring back any souvenirs?

I turned 25 the other day, yet it feels like I'm only 25.

:D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Stalker

• View Profile
Remember me?
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 03:14:23 pm »
I'm an oldfag who just registered on the forums

Andrics

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 10:47:19 am »
Whatsup Theremin!!!!,I remember your server like 1 year and it was the funniest server ever,I even trolled my friend to go in the cemetery and go through the skull sign which blew him up...(really pissed him off),keep dat server going bro!

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 01:39:59 am »
Whatsup Theremin!!!!,I remember your server like 1 year and it was the funniest server ever,I even trolled my friend to go in the cemetery and go through the skull sign which blew him up...(really pissed him off),keep dat server going bro!
Hey LLOLL thanks for the kind words, it's nice to see you too around :) I'll try my best to keep it going just to piss people off then :P

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 12:14:50 pm »
Its more about the enjoyment of the prankster than the frustration of the victim :D

A bit of a backstory here:
I've been roleplaying on SA-MP for a long time. Almost 10 years and I've had a lot of very serious RP moments ... But for some reason one server always draws me back: Crazybob's Cops and Robbers. The smartass, trolling, and irony created from just the script alone is what makes it so fun. Definitely allows me to take a break and mess with people on a server that not only condones it, but pretty much gives you instructions on how to.

Theremin, your server is like that for Liberty Unleashed lol. I've only spent a little bit of time on it but its awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Server REOPENED!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 04:50:22 am »
I'm glad to announce that Worst Server 1.0.7 Beta has now been opened to the public. Most changes have been performed internally so they aren't evident, however you can check the changelog at the end of the original post in this thread. Hope you enjoy the server as it is now and if not, stay tuned for more updates soon! ;)

MrDamage

• View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 10:02:24 am »
I'm glad to announce that Worst Server 1.0.7 Beta has now been opened to the public. Most changes have been performed internally so they aren't evident, however you can check the changelog at the end of the original post in this thread. Hope you enjoy the server as it is now and if not, stay tuned for more updates soon! ;)
why the older version of lu? but why? nobody can play because of this.

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 02:11:38 am »
why the older version of lu? but why? nobody can play because of this.
I'm using the last version, it just rolls back to the older version everytime I restart, sadly it can't be fixed. The good news is that I can update it afterwise.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 02:08:06 pm »
Try turning the updater off in server.conf

I think it's "update 0" or something like that.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.