Author Topic: What do you think about LU?  (Read 4643 times)

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
What do you think about LU?
« on: August 28, 2009, 12:14:32 am »
Like the title says, What do you think about LU? I've heard some people saying its useless because nobody plays GTA3 but i would like to know what you guys think.

Also what kind of things would you like to know about LU that havn't been answered elsewhere?

I guess this thread would be better if we had actually released something, but we're working on it!

Diavolo

• Tester
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think about LU?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 12:55:38 am »
If its true that nobody plays GTA3, its because there are no(and hasnt really ever been any) really good GTA3 multiplayer mods. As long as everybody knows about LU and sees what it can do, I bet a lot people would start getting GTA3 and giving it a try. Its a cheap and small game thats easy to run, so why the hell not? Getting people interested is the key. Just the one video I made from the old December beta tests had lots of people asking me about it, and that was back when it had no features what-so-ever!

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:59:53 am »
GTA 3 is awesome. It really needs this mod as well. I can't wait for LU! When it's released I'll finally have something to suggest Argonath RPG with so I can finally get a GTA 3 server in there. I want it SOOOOO bad...

Inon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:49:49 pm »
I think you will see when you going to release a stable version of LU how much people are interested in your and your team's work!

Edit: I have a qoustion, you said in a blogpost - "We are racing towards a basic release very soon though so stay posted!" - I quess 'very soon' is over.

But it's nice to see you are busy with LU, first it was 30% then 35% now 40% :).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:05:10 pm by Inon »

Juppi

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Kuslahden alaste GTA:MP clan
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:38:31 am »
I've always liked free-roaming around Liberty City, and i like the map more than Vice City for example. So far there haven't been decent mods offering multiplayer in Liberty City, and I'm excited to see how it will work once LU has been released. The small tests without real gamemodes have been promising, add a huge feature list and capable server owners/scripters to that and voilĂ  :)

Not to mention Vice Unleashed ;) VC needs a mod which can be used for different gamemodes, including DM, racing and roleplay. Current mods do their job (one is mainly DM, the other is more suitable for roleplaying) but they are really limited in their areas. Technically having everything LU has, VU will offer those who like VC a true MP mod with less limits and more possibilities.

I joined the LU team about a year ago and during that time I've seen the mod grow and develop huge steps. A lot of nice features have been added for players and server scripters. Sometimes I'm wondering if this is what a 'basic release' means then what possibly can a further release be :P

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 01:40:02 am by Juppi »

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 09:40:17 pm »
I am interesting more how many ppl will be on all LU servers :P.

GTA3 is old. I dont think a kid 9 years will play it* :P. This kid would play GTA4 or another game with super realistic graphics ;).

Anyway, i suggests looking on VC multiplayers now. VCMP has no scripting languages, cars are in inis and there is a reeeeeeal simple admin system. VCO gives us adding objects, LUA scripting and much more, everything is better etc. But look, why there are still more VCMP players then in VCO. I think because its easier to create an own "map" and kick players with built in commands then create own commands and doing maps in a more difficult way [also LUA?].

I suggest do the same for LU. Players dont need thousands of functions and many more stuff. They simple want to play with other ppl ;).

Improve sync and get a basic LU release :P ! There will be enough time in the future for adding scripting stuff ^.

* There was a kid 9 years old, that is a... MTA: SA clan leader :O.

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

[AS][raspy61]

• I wait Liberty Unleashed
    • View Profile
    • AlterStar GTA ModMakers Team
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 10:26:13 pm »
* There was a kid 9 years old, that is a... MTA: SA clan leader :O.
OMG

cliltex09

• View Profile
What do you think about LU
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 11:57:42 am »
it simple. post what you think about the person above you or who last posted

[LCK]Zentrix

• View Profile
    • Polish Site About GTA Series
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 01:48:56 pm »
I've heard some people saying its useless because nobody plays GTA3 but i would like to know what you guys think.

I think theres a lot of ppls waiting for LU and gta3 fans. GTA2 is older and theres still a lot of ppls playing online. Atm gta3 is the only part of gta series that dont have good mp. After MTA 0.5 ASE shut down gta3 multiplayer scene died and propably if it was still working ppls would play it today too.

I think u should release basic version with foot, wep, vehs sync and basics scripting stuff for admins and simple server browser for now.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.