Author Topic: Current LU projects  (Read 2806 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Current LU projects
« on: September 14, 2016, 12:10:00 am »
I'd like to invite all the ones who have projects in LU, be it a script or be it a server, to present and discuss about it here to show the activity that there is in LU. I'll go first. I got a server running for two years now, I decided to call it Worst Server because my scripting is super bad ;) it is currently a freeroam server. Lately Motley is working on updating and expanding the scripts. Feel free to join this discussion, I know at least two other people are working on something but I'll leave up to them to present their projects, one being Vortrex since we had a discussion some months ago, and the other being James_Conway, since I read something about it in Argonath forum.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Aurora as an active project, and 19323 Racing, there are new racing tracks added almost daily. Again, up to the owners to join this topic and present/discuss them.

If you have a project you haven't announced yet, then maybe this is the time to delurk yourself and create interest on it ;)

Motley

• View Profile
Re: Current LU projects
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 03:00:23 pm »
I got a server running for two years now, I decided to call it Worst Server because my scripting is super bad ;)
     I wouldn't call your scripting bad as you are a very good scripter, There just seems to be areas that you lack in, We will consider this techniques that you have not really picked up over your time in scripting, This will really open your scripting capabilities in future time. “My scripting is not perfect, I fail in areas”

When I first began reading the Worst server source I could not believe how much the server has that others fail to realize.
I really encourage others to check out Worst server in future updates, The server will not have to much noticeable with the first update, As majority of this update is to implement a system to the server,
That's going to help me and Theremin add way much more to the server in future time  :).

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 04:15:52 am »
You forgot lolmortuary!:D, is an active project for years, specifically from 2011.
Not exactly, I purposedly omitted it ;)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 11:45:17 am »
Apparently the message received is different from the one I wanted to convey. No, here is the deal, this isn't a list of servers, one can just open the browser to check all servers, second If I forget something, it's up to the owners to present it. The reason why I didn't list GTA.ru server it's because despite being an old server, it hasn't changed a comma since I don't know when, so I can't deem it as an active project. I was referring to those servers or script releases or gamemodes that are currently worked on or ideas that will be worked on in the future, thus making them active. I know for sure there are a few projects running underground that have never been announced and maybe it's the right time to announce them so that people can see there is still some activity in LU, giving a sneak peak of what's going on it's a great way to increase interest over something.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »
...and the other being James_Conway, since I read something about it in Argonath forum.
We are still trying to get the Argonath RPG server finished, but every time we get close, something goes wrong and we have to rewrite it from scratch again, followed by half our team suddenly retiring without warning. ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 06:02:47 pm by SugarD »

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 05:23:52 pm »
Well so there is still nothing sure about LU Argonath? I thought the development reached was complete enough for public tests, actually I assumed from what I read about it. So I guess that explains why it hasn't been announced here yet. It would be nice if the dev guys could tell us what features are gonna be there and what not, etc.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 05:25:19 pm »
Well so there is still nothing sure about LU Argonath? I thought the development reached was complete enough for public tests, actually I assumed from what I read about it. So I guess that explains why it hasn't been announced here yet. It would be nice if the dev guys could tell us what features are gonna be there and what not, etc.
Apparently no one reads my custom title on this forum. :D

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 05:37:57 pm »
Oh well :P no actually it's that you always had this title even when there was no development anymore, I even remember when GTA3 board in Argonath forums was gone so I assumed it was the end of it, then I saw the board was back and the activity increased again. Though yeah I knew you were manager of it but I didn't know you were involved in the development as well I overlooked it ><

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 07:22:39 pm »
Can I request for this topic to be cleaned of negative post "Fully get it back on topic?"
If so you can remove this post of mine.

It's sad you are crapping on the mod, If Theremin did not give me the opportunity of team up with him I would of taken my study's to c++, Then LUA,

And honestly I have already wasted a lot of my free time on Theremin's server,
Including the fact of spending money on energy drinks xD 16 USD spent.

So you crapping on the Mod really erks  the sh** out of me Kid.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 07:43:59 pm by Mötley »

neocortex

• Fuhrer of C.R.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 07:13:47 am »
I m still working with my C.R.C Server, as i have been since 2013-2014

JamesConway

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 11:14:09 am »
I'd love to pick up the work again on LU Argonath. Programming a server with LU is really fun and I can recommend it to anyone who is a fan of GTA3. Unfortunately I don't have alot of time at my hands right now. I have created a basic server and it's easy to expand it.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2016, 06:01:28 pm »
Oh well :P no actually it's that you always had this title even when there was no development anymore, I even remember when GTA3 board in Argonath forums was gone so I assumed it was the end of it, then I saw the board was back and the activity increased again. Though yeah I knew you were manager of it but I didn't know you were involved in the development as well I overlooked it ><

*Whistles*

:D

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 08:26:38 am »
Aeoris and I started an RPG script from scratch last week, and made a lot of progress. He gave up and quit LU, but I'm still working on it. We both originally planned on using it for a server. I have no interest in running a server (I was gonna let him handle that), so since I'm the only active scripter still working on it, I'll just release it here for public use.

I didn't make a post about it before, but it's still an active project on my end, so I guess it qualifies for this thread.

Also, Theremin, the project we talked about before was regarding The Newport Experience. The other scripter, IdkanYavuk, has gone inactive and won't respond to anything so it's been dead for a while.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.