Author Topic: Crashing CreatePickup function  (Read 2428 times)

Winstin

• View Profile
Crashing CreatePickup function
« on: July 26, 2016, 07:49:58 am »
Why i call with function "CreatePickup( 171, Vector( 43.5, 54.3, 41.1 ) );" And my server crashing?

JamesConway

• View Profile
Re: Crashing CreatePickup function
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 08:15:50 pm »
The server didn't crash for me when I tried that. Are you sure it happens on that line?

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 12:56:07 am »
Your server should not be crashing from creating a pickup. What do you mean by it crashes? Is there an error message? Does it close? What other scripts do you have running?

Winstin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 02:09:58 pm »
Your server should not be crashing from creating a pickup. What do you mean by it crashes? Is there an error message? Does it close? What other scripts do you have running?
I found reason why cant work my server, what Windows LU server 0.1.0.17 = bugged. LU Server 0.1.0.17 can only work to Linux

Ankris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 04:00:13 pm »
Could you provide us more code after that line?

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 06:00:44 pm »
Winston is right, I'm not able to turn on the Windows server after the update. I already talked with AdTec_224 to try to sort it out, however none of the devs said to run Win7 so they can't test directly. I tested with two different versions of Win 7, one x64 the other x86, same result. The server crashes under EVERY condition, removing scripts or modules makes no change, I even tried the same .exe AdTec_224 sent me which is working fine for him that has Win10, nothing, still crashes right after start. So after trying different solutions he asked me if my system is completely up to date, which is not. That said I'm proceeding to download all the Windows updates and I'm stuck at this point, due to the Microsoft site not working properly for me (I'm trying to download this KB3020369 and it just won't let me, even with a different browser)

Ok, nevermind I didn't have x86. I got it. But new error. It just crashes when I start it up.
Server.exe stopped working
kk

Ok, nevermind I didn't have x86. I got it. But new error. It just crashes when I start it up.
Server.exe stopped working
kk

My server.exe crashes with this reason:

Problem signature:
Event name problem: APPCRASH
Application name: Server.exe
Application version: 0.0.0.0
The timestamp of the application: 575c4d1f
The name of the module with the error: ntdll.dll
The version of the module with the error: 6.1.7601.18247
The time stamp module with the error: 521ea8e7
Exception code: c0000420
Offset exceptions: 000ce753
OS version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Language code: 1049
Additional information 1: b734
Additional information 2: b7345d20daeb8ecacfbe1abb9e323096
Additional information 3: 4f78
Additional information 4: 4f787531a27c091e8e723c3eab8f5988

UPD:
0.1.0.16 works perfect!

Mine gives me no reason, just it has stopped working
Btw, running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I found reason why cant work my server, what Windows LU server 0.1.0.17 = bugged. LU Server 0.1.0.17 can only work to Linux

The above quotes already show four different people having problems with Win7 and LU server, I'm quite sure that nobody owning Win7 is able to run it. I might be wrong, but I'd be glad if you developers look into it more, while I'm waiting to get those Win updates. I'd be also glad to renew my VR hosting plan since it's bound to expire in a few days, but I have no reason to do it at the moment since I can't test my scripts.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:04:55 pm by Theremin »

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 10:11:40 pm »
I had someone allow me to try out windows 7 and I could not get Windows 7 to work with LU, And I fully updated Windows 7 "Unless some how some way I did something totally wrong, I doubt that though, It appears you either need Windows 8, 10.

Ive already tried windows vista and LU would not support version 17 as well, version 16 works fine on vista, So for security reasons I went to linux " :P linux is no longer compatible as well, version 16 works perfect on linux",.

Sometimes I wonder if LU is supporting/working with Microsoft  :D.

I would like to see added support for windows 7 this would fix everyones problem "Reason why is due to wine as well, It's not only linux but also any os that needs wine, This would also help others".

I'm no coder but of course my a former colleague says typically you can see where your dropping support for xp etc when codding.  Somewhere around that ballpark is what he said. I can not remember exactly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:04:28 pm by Mötley »

Atheros

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 08:03:11 am »
soon , lu only supports win 10. Ah wait, it does it 80% already.
Server 17 works only on win 10 and linuxes
Worst update ever. You can count me out of players and i dont  fking care if i get banned in this forum
Lets see, how bored will Ankris ( Merkel ) and neo be
xD

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 09:05:37 pm »
Calm down and quit blaming the update. These are just bugs that need ironing out. Instead of complaining, help find the cause together so the Developers can fix it.

You can count me out of players and i dont  fking care if i get banned in this forum
Your choice.

Edit: I don't like ban evaders. Buh-bye. :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:32:32 pm by SugarD »

© Liberty Unleashed Team.