Author Topic: Port forward a server  (Read 1582 times)

Motley

• View Profile
Port forward a server
« on: July 11, 2016, 01:05:53 am »
So I followed every instruction. I am using linux,.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=force.vrocker-hosting.co.uk%2Flu%2FLUServerGuide.pdf

I even tried the windows server.exe and nothing. I have Xfinity comcast.

The server is setup for UDP. I do not have my tower connected to a Ethernet as I haven't bought the cords or additional hardware for a clean job, I am running wifi at this time, maybe thats the issue?

My browser setup is exact to this so maybe you will see something I do not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpih6zB7k4I

« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 01:41:38 am by Mötley »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Port forward a server
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 12:55:25 am »
As far as I know, (although it can vary by location sometimes), Comcast doesn't block server connections for the ports LU uses. Check your modem/router, though. These new ones are notorious for having firewall issues, and even more so at being problematic with adding exceptions. If you've already added an exception in there for it, try restarting the modem/router too.

Be careful after restarting it. Sometimes they will "bug out" or erase the firewall exceptions, and any custom MAC address settings you may have set up. (I've gone through two now, and I'm really not impressed with Comcast's crappy custom firmware for them).

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 03:23:31 pm »
 >:( Dang..

Well I'm sure it is possible but I will look into getting a non comcast modem/router,.

If possible I'm sure it should fix my issue.

:D I can port forward finally but can't due to this

Unfortunately SugarD I live in the country side. Kind of deep into the country and comcast is the only provider that has came our way, Three miles down the road there is no Internet support of any no comcast nothing.  ;D I remember when we had that issue over a decade ago and had Dial up with Aol
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 03:26:22 pm by Mötley »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 04:16:48 pm »
>:( Dang..

Well I'm sure it is possible but I will look into getting a non comcast modem/router,.

If possible I'm sure it should fix my issue.

:D I can port forward finally but can't due to this

Unfortunately SugarD I live in the country side. Kind of deep into the country and comcast is the only provider that has came our way, Three miles down the road there is no Internet support of any no comcast nothing.  ;D I remember when we had that issue over a decade ago and had Dial up with Aol
I feel your pain man. The street I live on happens to leave me with only two options: Comcast and AT&T. (I live in a low-income housing area, so no one else wants to provide service on this street at a discounted price). I've had AT&T and I will NEVER go back to them. That left me with Comcast, who have since added themselves to my ****list too lol.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.