Author Topic: Memory check fix  (Read 2504 times)

Ankris

• View Profile
Memory check fix
« on: July 04, 2016, 08:35:44 pm »
x3

I will make the topic again, because who deleted it can't give a rational reason for delete it, or even check the files if they have malware, even check if this happens to him too, or even give me a warn with the why instead of just deleting it. Even i shouldn't quote because he know how to read.

Same for me
I noticed that too. I think it may be a new UAC feature that had an unintended consequence.

PD: After an minute AFK, i've received a message: Error: A MEMORY check on your client timed-out.

And i've been kicked.

Windows: https://mega.nz/#!eYRlkD4a!GuwhvDwwrxBRL-ct4Ly4mjZovvTBJD60JrzwFWDkf5E
Linux: https://mega.nz/#!6Yxj1bJa!ZsZEnlUJRubOMLNkhvBAkQ1dM6M2jBGUF-2C4eiAUC0
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 01:08:56 pm by Ankris »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Memory check fix
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 10:32:41 pm »
Maybe drop the bad attitudes and moderators wouldn't need to remove the topics? I don't know who removed the previous ones or why, but clearly you guys have no problem with flaming others over it. Fix yourselves before you post about fixes for LU. You know flaming and provoking isn't allowed here. I am seriously tired of this shit. I have warned many of you dozens of times.

AdTec_224

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:56:17 am »
There was no ban, i just deleted the topics and the reason why is/should have been pretty obvious especially considering the way the first post is worded, he knew it was wrong yet posted it anyway. This isn't a fix at all and actually breaks part of the anti-cheat which is why the first two topics were removed.

Ankris could easily have been banned for 'spamming' after i removed the topic yet he continued to repost it, the only reason why i didn't do this is because i thought it wasn't worth it.

It's exactly this kind of thing that stops us as developers having the motivation to continue working on a free mod.

Ankris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 01:07:31 pm »
There was no ban, ...

wat, I could post here with a pic of the ban message I could remember my account, was written with caps and rage.

It's exactly this kind of thing that stops us as developers having the motivation to continue working on a free mod.

wat

This isn't a fix at all and actually breaks part of the anti-cheat which is why the first two topics were removed.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo? If the client doesn't doesn't check itself properly it doesn't mean "it breaks part of the anticheat" cos IT'S already broken, and you, developers, can't release a hotfix because "we have no time", "we have a job", "we have a life", instead you are playing Rocket League, GTA 5 or Borderlands (thx steam).

AdTec_224

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 07:03:53 pm »
It works as intended (and have yet to see a case where it wasn't working as intended) with one minor side-effect minimizing the game will cause the anti-cheat to kick you as minimizing stops all game and net processing.

wat, I could post here with a pic of the ban message I could remember my account, was written with caps and rage.

No ban was issued by me (or anyone as far as i'm aware) for the creation of this topic or any of the previous ones on this subject.

"we have no time", "we have a job", "we have a life", instead you are playing Rocket League, GTA 5 or Borderlands (thx steam).

This is a free mod, we don't get paid for working on it and when most of us have been coding all day and get home the last thing they feel like doing is coding some more, they are entitled to some free time you know.

wat

What i mean is it's people like you, with an attitude like yours (as you can see from the last quote) that stop us thinking 'you know what'll be a good use of our free time, sitting down and working on LU'.

Ankris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 07:39:14 pm »
It works as intended (and have yet to see a case where it wasn't working as intended) with one minor side-effect minimizing the game will cause the anti-cheat to kick you as minimizing stops all game and net processing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10091229/is-it-possible-to-programmatically-prevent-a-game-from-pausing-when-its-window-l
No ban was issued by me (or anyone as far as i'm aware) for the creation of this topic or any of the previous ones on this subject.

I'm sure it was you bcs you did the same like now.
This is a free mod, we don't get paid for working on it and when most of us have been coding all day and get home the last thing they feel like doing is coding some more, they are entitled to some free time you know.

Ask VRocker to add a donations button, I'm sure some people will donate.
What i mean is it's people like you, with an attitude like yours (as you can see from the last quote) that stop us thinking 'you know what'll be a good use of our free time, sitting down and working on LU'.

Sorry for that attitude then, I hate see this project being dead or being killed by laziness developers who even (like you) don't want see these little fixes when most of the haxxs being used gets outdated in just 1 line change.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.