Author Topic: problem with LU launcher  (Read 3561 times)

dirty

• View Profile
problem with LU launcher
« on: June 17, 2016, 05:39:28 pm »
when i open lu.exe it shows this error kernel32.dll

btw i'm using windows 7 64bit home premium

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
Re: problem with LU launcher
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:51:42 am »
You are receiving this error because your operating system is seriously out of date. The function that the launcher is looking for was introduced with a path to Windows 7 that was released in 2011 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2533623).

Run Windows Update, install the several hundred updates that you are missing and try again.

Seriously, why don't you have updates installed? :/

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 06:09:34 am »
Wow, so many people that don't keep up to date.

It's like a car. You gotta keep it maintained, or it isn't gonna do you any good.

dirty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 12:49:51 pm »
I've installed what you said about,and after i solved my first problem i got another one with some as_ or au_ error,i don't know how it was written properly.The problem was my outdated windows
after i run setup for visual 2015 twice it keeps failing or it says the setup failed.And again i was searching on google for solutions and it shows up that i didn't have Windows Server Pack 1.It took me 2 or 3 hours to wait for installing,that's why i hate updating my windows and other things,because i'm struggling with errors since windows 7 was made.Anyway i solved all my problems and it doesn't appear anything after installing these 2 packages.The game running perfectly.
Thanks for your time and help vrocker :]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:52:02 pm by dirty »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 04:12:40 pm »
I've installed what you said about,and after i solved my first problem i got another one with some as_ or au_ error,i don't know how it was written properly.The problem was my outdated windows
after i run setup for visual 2015 twice it keeps failing or it says the setup failed.And again i was searching on google for solutions and it shows up that i didn't have Windows Server Pack 1.It took me 2 or 3 hours to wait for installing,that's why i hate updating my windows and other things,because i'm struggling with errors since windows 7 was made.Anyway i solved all my problems and it doesn't appear anything after installing these 2 packages.The game running perfectly.
Thanks for your time and help vrocker :]
Set your computer to update on a regular basis, and install security software to keep malicious software off of there. That should prevent most of your issues in the future.

Ankris

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »
After updating it didn't work this happens again  :-\ 

Run Windows Update, install the several hundred updates that you are missing and try again.

GuenosNoLife

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 02:03:15 am »
Lol he say you do update windows, now your W7 will be slower than before without update :)

I have never update my W7 (disabled in service "Windows update" since Install W7 clean) and I can run LU without issue.

Maybe you miss Package Redistributable or other, I don't know I'm sorry don't help you so much but I'm here for say Update Windows is useless expect If you want make slower your Windows  ;D

Edit: I see your probleme is solved, right? sorry for up  :-X
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:11:05 am by GuenosNoLife »
Little back... Maybe not maybe yes...

Claudiu_Stelist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 08:52:56 am »
Thx for helping! Its gonna be running now !!!  :D

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:01:18 pm »
Lol he say you do update windows, now your W7 will be slower than before without update :)

I have never update my W7 (disabled in service "Windows update" since Install W7 clean) and I can run LU without issue.

Maybe you miss Package Redistributable or other, I don't know I'm sorry don't help you so much but I'm here for say Update Windows is useless expect If you want make slower your Windows  ;D

Edit: I see your probleme is solved, right? sorry for up  :-X
Not having your system updated is an absolutely horrible idea. It doesn't slow down your Windows. Updates are changes to system files, not programs that run in the background.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.