Author Topic: Liberty Unleashed Cops 'n' Robbers (Community Project)  (Read 1660 times)

• View Profile
Liberty Unleashed Cops 'n' Robbers (Community Project)
« on: April 10, 2016, 01:32:37 am »
Hi there, everyone!

Today I am making this in hopes that the community of Liberty Unleashed will find it useful.

It's called Liberty Unleashed Cops and Robbers, and as implied, it's a cops and robbers server. There is really nothing done yet, and a LOT of things are going to be a buggy mess because I am not very good at Squirrel. (Of course I'll fix any bug I see, but yeah.)

There is really nothing yet except a very basic, bare-bones system (sorry, I made the initial script in about 10 minutes.) but I'll try to contribute things every day. Anybody is free to add a pull-request or make suggestions in this topic. I will try my best to add everything. This project will be open-sourced from its initialization, all the way until the script is completely finished.

https://github.com/yoshiandmario1/lu-cnr

COLLAB EDIT: http://collabedit.com/kuuyj

Please add suggestions below, or if you can, add a pull-request! It'd be really helpful!

Current features:
-Very basic wanted level system.
-3 commands: /wanted, /cmds, and /ver.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:48:31 am by 2204 »
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Bullseye SBT

• View Profile
    • Bull Breed Forum
Re: Liberty Unleashed Cops 'n' Robbers (Community Project)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 03:27:09 am »
This looks like a very promising project, I will be keeping an eye on it from now on, this could be the revival of LU that many have been hoping for!
I have a mod that I started back in 2008, which is on & off, it's called Liberty City Secrets, I hope one day I find time to finish it :)

Liberty City Secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 03:53:27 am »
This looks like a very promising project, I will be keeping an eye on it from now on, this could be the revival of LU that many have been hoping for!

Well, I wouldnt go as far as to say it will revive LU, but I think (and hope) it will teach some new people about Squirrel, how it works, and I hope it will also have the community engage in a project. ;D
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 04:59:44 am »
I have a couple of things to say, the first thing is: 1. Did you test the code already? I'm asking it because I see something which doesn't convince me (I'll tell what later when I'll try the code myself) 2. You defined a variable just not to use it 3. My squirrel isn't good either but I'd like to try to help accordingly to my possibilities 4. Since this is a community project, why not using something like Collabedit instead of GitHub?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 05:29:38 am »
I have a couple of things to say, the first thing is: 1. Did you test the code already? I'm asking it because I see something which doesn't convince me (I'll tell what later when I'll try the code myself) 2. You defined a variable just not to use it 3. My squirrel isn't good either but I'd like to try to help accordingly to my possibilities 4. Since this is a community project, why not using something like Collabedit instead of GitHub?

1. No I didn't test the published code when I published it but I fixed some things. It's probably the onPlayerEnteringVehicle you noticed, right? I changed it to onPlayerEnteredVehicle in the new script so it's not weird.

2. I fixed that.

3. Thanks!

4. I dunno, GitHub seemed better but I set up a CollabEdit. http://collabedit.com/kuuyj
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:41:10 am by 2204 »
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 06:23:08 am »
 ???  I got curious and wanted to ask questions and help as well  :)

I could be wrong but majority of the codes I see are copied from snippets.

"Honestly everything in that code appears to be

If you are not familiar with Squirrel or coding I would like to suggest taking the time to read the Wiki.

http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Main_Page

The wiki will not teach you every thing you need to know to build the server you are attempting to build.

First you should create a accounting system, before any attempts of a game-mode.
What so ever” You need to be professional as you are building a professional build not a beginners build.

As your server becomes more professional, over time if it ever become a hit(Player count).
Your player base would want to save data, If I see where you are aiming is what I think “Roleplay” You have a very long irritating road ahead of you,.

I would like to suggest learning
Code: [Select]
Classes
As well as learning SQ_Lite, and player loops.
SQ_Lite is extremely lightweight and will prevent server lag if scripted correctly,
http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Squirrel/Examples/SQLite

** This type of work goes UN noticed by the player base.

But technically does as no one wants a laggy server.
Yet they do want to rejoin as if they never left “Saving the players data”

Please Take the time to create an accounting system, Then once that is well, I would like to suggest looking into creating a nice Death-match as this will create a fine base system for your server.

With this your server will already have a endless game-mode.

Good luck on the build :)

© Liberty Unleashed Team.