Poll

Will it rise again?

Yes
No

Author Topic: The end of LU?  (Read 6122 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
The end of LU?
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:13:08 am »

Motley

• View Profile
Re: The end of LU?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:08:26 am »
Yes! This is the End of Liberty Unleashed.

[Kinda Rant]
We need to get the community together, The Newbies, Hackers, everyone people that we hate, people that we like, etc, We need to all get together and create videos all on one server[So its a full server].

Maybe someone in this community has the software and knowledge to compile the videos into an interesting video,. We need to put that video on our you-tube accounts and attempt to advertise as much as possible. If not Its going to get worse.

We need a Good Script release as well, Seems like VC:MP likes SQ-Lite If there is a release more people may come from VC:MP as well as a possible player base,. I do not want to see this being the end as I have noticed this more and more.

neocortex

• Fuhrer of C.R.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 08:05:44 am »
i suppose internet list is just down a bit, no need worry servers comes back on soon

Revenger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 11:09:13 am »
So I went back to Liberty Unleashed and I saw that Aurora had been terminated from the list, there's only four servers left and only two are playable from my knowledge (they aren't password locked.)

i suppose internet list is just down a bit, no need worry servers comes back on soon

Hopefully that's the case. Hope the servers come back soon on the internet list.
The man who sold the world.

xIsagani

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 09:00:31 am »
this makes me sad. :(

i wish more players will come in the near future :)

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 08:57:18 am »
No.. not the end.. The only reason its the end is because nobody is doing anything to help gather people to the community..

Lets do something about it! Maybe have a famous youtuber or twitch streamer play the mod?
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 10:19:16 pm »
Since we're a little off topic how about I lay down part reason of the truth!

No Updates
Hackers can do whatever
real server owner's have left due to not being able to update there scripts due to broken LU functions
With this the owners have shut down the servers allowing LU to rust into the internet making LU unknown and the player base has shut down and followed the server owners to VCMP!
Where player count is high.

The last will and testament would be for Vrocker to come back and release a BAD ASS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!
hell throw in not very well synced pedestrians and players will instantly come back.

FREAKING ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 11:03:12 pm »
@2204: Me and few other people have been struggling and trying hard to gather players for years now, how can you say that nobody ever did anything about that? Just look at my own YT channel, it's filled with videos about LU, or check LU-DM site, you can see that they managed to create a community of polish players in LU or bring them from VC:MP, at least as long as their server was hosted; the ones who still keep their server online 24/7, possibly facing the costs of it, or even better the ones are updating their servers up to today. I'm no famous youtuber, yet still each now and then I get people asking me about LU or that come here telling me that a video of mine attracted them, but as neocortex said in one his last posts "players doesn't seem to stay in lu that long anymore." which is just the plain truth, players still come nowadays, but they also leave a lot faster. What else can I write? Your idea is great, but who would do that, and how are we supposed to convince him/her?

Out of all the possible complaints the thing which annoys me the most it's not the frequent crashes, or the hackers, or the lack of updates, none of them. It's the nonexistent support here in the forum. Why don't they bother replying to topics or PMs, we don't have such an amount of topics that you could say it really takes time to keep up with them. In my opinion, this mod didn't look that abandoned as long as they cared to drop a line each now and then.

Anyway I'm glad that you 2204 shared your opinion. Not many people post here anymore, especially the ones who have had an account here for a while, just me and few others invaded this dead land and colonized it :P

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 11:11:08 pm »
What I think we need to do is start some community projects. People leave mostly due to lack of servers. There are barely any servers (as of right now, only 6 servers are joinable) which is why the players are leaving.

We need to make a few gamemodes. Something like: Stunting, Cops and Robbers, Roleplay, etc. Those are the most popular gamemodes on SA-MP. I am willing to help everyone host (for free) and even code some things! Though my squirrel scripting is kind of rusty because I haven't made a gamemode in like a year.
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Bullseye SBT

• View Profile
    • Bull Breed Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2016, 03:11:27 am »
I only recently found LU a few months ago, it is a shame that there is only a small few people on here, it would be awesome if more could contribute to this board, in the most I have found you all to be a friendly, have you thought of contacting someone like markerplier or even one of the GTA lets players, they're always looking for new ideas for their videos, maybe that could be an opportunity to promote LU.... just a thought..

~John~
I have a mod that I started back in 2008, which is on & off, it's called Liberty City Secrets, I hope one day I find time to finish it :)

Liberty City Secrets

Fredd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 05:53:06 pm »
What you do not want to admit is that we (Hispanics) that have always attacked (by very high ping or anything) we gave life to this Online, many Latino people came and stayed for long in the Liberty, and even people with no intention of returning, but as a public Theremin, no servers, the only "decent" is Aurora and really does not give enough. Since any Latino player returned to tread this Online pcs not been able to keep it afloat, and now have absurd ideas upload videos to YT to attract people VC-MP, really gives me a little laughter but hey, I hope the online not die yet, but if they want to survive. Put on batteries!

Lo que uds no quieren admitir, es que nosotros (comunidad hispana) a la que siempre han atacado, (por muy alto ping o por cualquier cosa) le dabamos vida a este Online, mucha gente Latina llegaba y se quedaba por mucho tiempo en el Liberty, y aun hay gente con intenciones de volver, pero como Theremin publico, no hay servers, lo unico " decente " es Aurora y en realidad no da lo suficiente. Desde que ningun jugador Latino volvio a pisar este Online uds no han podido mantenerlo a flote, y ahora tienen ideas absurdas de subir videos a YT para atraer gente del VC-MP, en serio me da un poco de risa pero bueno, espero que el Online no muera aun, pero si quieren que sobreviva. ¡Ponganse las pilas!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:00:54 pm by SugarD »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2016, 09:01:44 pm »
Although I agree that LU is hurting and we need to band together to fix it, the mod is not dead or coming to an end. Those who know me well know I don't let anything I love die, ever. I'm not the only one that has LU's back, either. ;)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 09:02:55 am »
*Bump*

I guess it's the last time I say it and they I'll go back to mind my own business, but ok here we go:
I know some people deemed LU to be dead in the past but if it ever was true it's nothing compared to now. if you open up LU browser right now you can see there are just two servers, lately I've been keeping an eye on the stats via Thijn's site, we've had three servers in total 24/7. Now one of them is gone, not sure if it's temporary or not, but I doubt it will be back up. Nonetheless I'm posting this to urge everyone who still cares about LU or about the community or just cares in general to do something as soon as possible. I think the situation is reaching a point of no return. Note this post is not to blame devs or anything, it's a post for everyone. If I was able I'd try to do the funniest and most entertaining server ever but I don't have the capabilities, and as for the rest, I tried my best in order to promote LU and increase the community, I've had my own share of that. If you have some ideas, feel free to share. If this fails I'll still be here trying to keep up my own server for the survivors, but if it's possible I urge everyone to hurry up. It's not a competition right now, if we work together we can all benefit from some sane cooperation, in my opinion we should aim to increase the playerbase and keeping the current one, which is really a big deal right now. I don't think I need to spend more words, here is my point of view, hopefully I'll be proven wrong and if it turned out I'm making it a bigger deal than it is, I'd be very pleased :). But if you think I'm right, drop some feedback here and share your opinions and ideas. Players, scripters, server owners, people that haven't finished their own project, or dropped it, even developers if possible, everyone is welcomed here.

I'd also like to add that considering what is the objective in my opinion, we should focus on that and put apart other stuff temporarily, one is for example blaming the devs, their laziness isn't a secret for anyone but you know we're people and I'm lazy too :P maybe one of the reason why they don't bother posting anything is that they fear being judged or something or that everyone would crowd them with questions which is in fact what happens everytime they show up (guess I did it too at times :-\).
So forget about anything else at the moment, if you have a project, release it now, the bugs can be fixed later, just make sure it's anything except the default gamemode, we've had enough of those. niCe, Tamas, Svenko, Ankris, Argonath's staff, MTA staff and anyone else (I know most of you won't read it but I had to try) bring your server back, if you don't want to spend money, use a crappy free host or something (who knows if Vrocker could provide hosting for free?). Doesn't matter if most server were empty or not, but for real seeing just two servers makes it look deadlier than ever. Even if there weren't much players LU still looked more alive when there were 8 or more servers, even if most of them were default gamemode or not far from there.

If anyone needs help with the common LU bugs, I have a good experience with it. I can help with some of them, (for example new scripters often don't know that boats can be easily exploited to crash clients).

Well I wrote much more than I wanted, excuse me for that. Stop lurking peeps and come out to the light before it's too late. Have a nice day!

JamesConway

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 09:54:10 am »
Definitely sleeping

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 11:33:21 am »
Well, I just put my unfinished RPG script on GitHub for people to freely edit as they please. Haven't gotten too far with it, but it's a good foundation to build more. I use very long variable names, just saying.

It was started in November 2016 by Aeoris and I. He wanted the stuff he added to be removed so despite the fact he contributed it on behalf of the project, I started removing some of it. I guess he's just an asshole or something. Anyway, I haven't fully finished with that yet, but I've uploaded the already so if scripters want to add to the script they can do so the meantime. I only request that you follow the scripting style I have listed in the readme file.

We'll have an amazing RPG script soon :D

https://github.com/VortrexFTW/lu_unitedislandsrpg

© Liberty Unleashed Team.