Author Topic: New VC:MP Server (With Squirrel!)  (Read 39476 times)

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
New VC:MP Server (With Squirrel!)
« on: April 23, 2009, 09:55:08 pm »
Heres something me, Juppi and Knight2k9 have been working on for a while. Its a remake of the VCMP 0.3z server which has new features, better stability and inbuilt scripting!
This server can be used to learn Squirrel in preperation for Liberty Unleashed. The naming and usage of the functions etc are similar to LU to make it easier to learn.

The server has been thoroughly tested and doesn't have the exploits the original server has. This includes crashes (so conventional server crashers cant kill the server).
It also has inbuilt server-side scripting support via Squirrel. This allows you to make scripts and not have to run mIRC 24/7 for them to work.
A list of script functions/callbacks can be found at http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/VCWiki/Scripting/squirrel

As you can see from the script functions, you can now Mute players, make an ignore list and disable drivebys.

To use this server, modify the server.conf file with your details. This is basically a normal config file but in XML.
Then borrow the Announce.exe from the original VCMP server and plae it in the same directory as the new server.
Run the server and hey presto, a newer, crashproof server :)

You can download the server Here (Or linux server Here)
If you wish to script with mirc still, a single connection DLL is available Here

Any bugs or help with scripting, post here and someone will help out :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 09:56:47 pm by VRocker »

StriKe

• View Profile
Re: New VC:MP Server (With Squirrel!)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 09:12:40 am »
Gr8 Work Vr  :o  :o

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 05:03:02 pm »
Hi :)
Any bugs or help with scripting, post here and someone will help out Smiley
Heh, I'm first :D

This idea to make a better version of VCMP 0.3z server was great :D. But... I've tried to run a server, using hamachi. Hmm server ping 9999 but I can connect :P.

And I have a question: how to run the mIRC scripts on this server? I've tried the Win Server, converted an INI map to XML using this mirc tool, that u gave me yesterday, then copied the announce file. Server works. RCON pass and port are the same like this from the VCMP ini map. Downloaded the mIRC DLL, replaced the old VCMP dll, made also be u, and then I connect... But the script can't connect D: . I've tried changing the Pass [XML and in mIRC vars] and many other things, but every time it don't connect to the server. But what is funny: when I use the dll for normal VCMP... It connect! In the console I see, that I connected to RCON, but I can't still use the scripts on server [on mIRC no msg, thet connected].

Any ideas for this?
Thxx :P.

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

Dobi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:40:16 pm »
Not bad, not bad. I'd even say really good. But I'm no more playing VCMP....

VRocker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:10:59 pm »
Well NC, the mirc dll is differant from the other dll that people use. The one for this server is currently only a single c onnection one, the other one is multi. So some parameters are differant (No server id etc)

If you look at the included script with the new dll, you will see it also send a nickname parameter, without this it wont connect.

You'll have to modify your script to work with the dll until somebody writes a new one based on the old params

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2009, 08:40:38 pm »
If you look at the included script with the new dll, you will see it also send a nickname parameter, without this it wont connect.

Hmm or I'm dumb or what, cause in this VCMP-mIRC2.zip is only the DLL, without any scripts ;p.

Well are there many changes between this two DLLs? Or only a few? I spend much time editing a script that uses the Multi connection DLL, but ur Server Tool is rly good. So I dunno what to do now :P.

Well and Squirel is a bit difficult for me, more of things that I created in Squirel gaves an error ;(. But I'm still reading the wiki ;).

Website online:

VRocker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:06:50 pm »
Ah sorry, forgot to include the script and cant seem to find it. When i find it i'll let you know.

The main changes between the DLLs is that there is no server ID parameter in this dll and vcmp.connect also takes a nickname param.

If you need help with squirrel you can pastebin the script, tell us the error and we will try to help :)

VRocker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 02:37:40 pm »
Still not found the script :( sorry.

I have however uploaded new versions of both the windows and linux servers. This includes fixes for timers, kick/bans etc.

They also come with a newer default squirrel script which i wrote. Its only basic but shows how to do some things.

I have also put together a 64bit version of the server for people with 64bit servers. It can be found Here (Windows only at the moment)

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 04:21:16 pm »
Ok no problem, if u dont find it, nothing would happen  :)

For me squirrel isn't easy, so for now i will use the old VCMP server. Maybe one day, i would have much time and the wiki would be complete, maybe then i will learn this programming language :).

I looked at the wiki now... There is a function IsAdmin. So using this function, am i able to create commands only for admin, right? And admin in vcmp is this person who logged in using /admin RCONpass. And here is i think a big minus for this. Cause some players, that aren't admins, knows the pass [like other admins tell it them]. So they have to log in using this pass and they can get control over the all server  :-\ ?

Btw. vcmp... After the official VCMP forum is broken, will u still update ur VCMP dll?
Ach and i'm waiting for a next public release od LU or VU ;p.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 04:23:11 pm by NC »

Website online:

VRocker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 12:05:31 am »
Well the multi server dll is still in production and should be done soon so you can still use mirc when thats done.
I agree the wiki should be completed but its tedius work that requires time, which some of us dont have being involved in many differant projects.

The IsAdmin func is for use with the /admin thing built into vcmp but its rare that anybody will ever use it. Its just there incase people need it, better to have it and not need it than not have it and need it :P
Obviously you can still write your own admin system and make your own IsAdmin function, so its not really a bad thing.

And yes, i will still update the old dll if it needs updating :)

LU/VU is sstill very much in active development too :) may have something to put on the dev blog soon :)

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 05:06:10 pm »
Heh, VRocker only great news today  ;D

Oh yes, we are only humans [or, arent we :> ?] so we work only so much as we can :P.

Good luck :)

Website online:

VRocker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 02:37:19 pm »
Updated the server today, fixed a lot of bugs.

The vector bug is fixed, now returns the x y z instead of x x x.
Fixed a bug in Sqlite where some things were failing.
Added CallFunc to the function list. This allows you to execute functions from other scripts without having to do dofile() (syntax: CallFunc( "script.nut", "MyFunction", param1, param2 etc ))
Optimised the code a little for faster execution
Fixed the scoreboard in the server browser displaying values only up to 255
Other various fixes around the code.

Juppi is still working on the multi-server mirc dll so we still dont have a release for that. It should be soon though.

The 32bit windows and linux servers are uploaded at the normal place, aswell as the 64bit window server :)

Any problems, please let me or Juppi know.

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 06:56:40 pm »
Great great great :D

Maybe u r able to do this stuff from VCMP 0.3z r2 also :) ? Cause this project is every day better, probably no one thought that one day VCMP will have a built in script lang ;).

Juppi is still working on the multi-server mirc dll so we still dont have a release for that. It should be soon though.
I'm crossing my fingers  ;D

Website online:

VRocker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 12:19:10 pm »
For anyone whos using this, theres another new version out. It has a lot of differant bug fixes which is too much to list. Main fixes are a memory leak fix and fixes to the rcon stuff. The updated servers are in the same place as always.

Also for anybody that still wants to use mirc but doesn't want to convert their scripts to a single DLL, heres that multi dll i promised :) http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/vcmp/VCMP-mIRC-new.zip
Theres a few small changes to this dll, The biggest thing being the connection stuff. If you check the included script you will see its slightly differant from the original DLL as it has a parameter on Connect for a name (used to distinguise admins in the server) and also a $dllcall line. These are required! The dllcall makes the dll listen for any incoming data so without this it will not work.

The aliases have also changed slightly, so might be best to just copy and paste from the included script into your own. I will be prodding Force to update FBS for this new dll.

Thanks to all the people that reported bugs :)

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:08 pm »
:) the dll is working good, but some aliases are wrong [like this that i gave yesterday on irc]. And the vcmp.setweapon now works good, setting ammo dont fails :P.

Im using FBS, and i had to copy all the aliases [and patch some of them]. E.g. the Car database hash doesnt work, but im not worry, cause there are very similar $vcmp aliases.

Here the connect code for FBS, made by u VR :P
Code: [Select]
alias vcmp.listen {}

alias FBS.Connect {
  if ( $dll(" $+ $scriptdir $+ vcmp.dll $+ ", Connect, 1 %serverip %rconport %pass NICK) ) {
    FBS.echo 4** 2FBS $FBS.Version connecting to %servername $+ .
    $dllcall( $qt( $scriptdir $+ vcmp.dll ), vcmp.listen, Listen, 1 )
    if ($nick != %botname) /nick %botname
  }
}

In ur code, there was my nick instead NICK here ;p but when i use a vcmp.say, every text looks like NICK <text>. Is it possible to have only the text, without the nick?
Solved! The admin chat signal was different from the old DLL for bakas server. In the old, $2 was for MSG, and here $3 is for it...

And i think the disconnect signal needs also to be modifed. Cause when im shutting down the server, the IRC script still thinks that script connected to a online server :/. On the old servers dll, after shutting down the server, there was after some secs the info, but here not :(.

Could it be possible to add some new part reasons to vcmp.partreason? Cause when i crash in game, it displays "Quit", but i have a crashed, would be better "Crash" or smthing else as part reason.

Ive got today an idea ;). Could it be haxable?

The client support this form of text [Ammunation]. But it would be reaaaaaly cool, if i could enter my own text in this light black box :P.

For now thats all, i'm everyday reading the changelong on code.google.com :D.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:24:23 pm by NC »

Website online:

© Liberty Unleashed Team.