Author Topic: Ping?  (Read 1111 times)

Bullseye SBT

• View Profile
    • Bull Breed Forum
Ping?
« on: March 05, 2016, 08:07:19 pm »
Ok I have been trying a few different servers available on LU, but I did notice is that I always seem to have a very low ping, everyone elses are in the high tens some even into the hundreds, but mine seems to be 17 all the time, I have been playing on the Aurora server because that one seems to be the most populated, not really sure where that one is based?

I'm in the UK
I have a mod that I started back in 2008, which is on & off, it's called Liberty City Secrets, I hope one day I find time to finish it :)

Liberty City Secrets

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: Ping?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:19:42 pm »
Ping is measured in milliseconds, it's the time it takes for a data packet to travel from your "pc" to the server. The value is the result of mainly two factors: 1. distance from the server 2. internet speed. Yet another factor can be overloading your internet: sharing and using internet with several devices, keeping a browser full of web pages opened, downloading files, all this stuff can hog a lot of speed, thus reducing the amount you use for playing on the internet, resulting in a higher ping.

Almost every server in LU, at least the ones availaible 24/7, is hosted in Europe, while the majority of players connect from South American countries, which already makes them prone to get at least a ping of 180 ms because of the distance, and since some also have slow internet, the average ping is rarely under 300.

If you want to know the location of any server, just copy server IP without the port and paste it here: https://geoiptool.com/

Bullseye SBT

• View Profile
    • Bull Breed Forum
Re: Ping?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 04:18:41 am »
Thanks for the info Theramin & by the way you sure know how to fly a wingless dodo :)
I have a mod that I started back in 2008, which is on & off, it's called Liberty City Secrets, I hope one day I find time to finish it :)

Liberty City Secrets

© Liberty Unleashed Team.