Author Topic: Good Bye Everyone  (Read 1341 times)

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
Good Bye Everyone
« on: February 29, 2016, 03:10:59 am »
RETIRED

!!*Official*!!

I am leaving Liberty Unleashed, Great Modification btw,...
Fun times creating a server,.
Decided to be just a server owner, But things changed. what Finally changed that is players crashing my server and issues with V Rocker hosting
I am just completely disgusted with attempting to keep my server running on V Rocker hosting.

I Have Fully ceased production Permanently, Fully Retiring from this game for good as I have had enough, …

Player count is low, As well crashers and hackers at a High Max.
[I had a lot of plans to bring in more players]
I am not determined on either delete the server and all of my backup scripts/ releases etc. Likely going to pass down my work to Theremin, To better his server, Then fully delete from my possession.

Plan’s are then to downgrade my Operating System to Windows 95, To Fully Re-gain control of Ms_Dos.
[Forever locking me out of capabilities of rejoining Liberty Unleashed].

It is crazy that I returned to a GTA III MP. But it was interesting to come back to some type of GTA III MP  :). Insainity at its best.

Also;

My eyes are not at all as good as they use to be, Chasing a dot across the screen has become rather difficult, My gaming shows the same anymore, I noticed this when I joined LU, My eyes are not as good as they where a decade ago…..

I hope Everyone understands...

Have a Nice Day!!  :)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:24:49 am by Motley »

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: Good Bye Everyone
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:49 pm »
That sucks... However I don't blame you. Whatever is or will be your decision I hope you'll go through fun times anyway ;)

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
Well after pulling out Windows 95 last night.. I began looking at all of the floppy disks, I then figured I would attempt to find a Iso edition as well as a iso for repairs.

Then figured since i have a lot of experience in micro soldering.. I am going to later on drill holes in my desktop case.
Add flip switches. since my mobo supports around 6 + hdd so i can have a better version of dual boot.
Also working on creating a directory in an external hdd where everything will be stored. any time i switch os/hdd my games everything will be there allowing me to keep a clean pc nice cpu usage etc keep windows clean. also so if pc crashes a os i just reinstall nothing lost.

Well to the point.. I am taking my experience to VCMP . If same issue's exist you can expect the same outcome.
I figured why waste my knowledge.. I will give you my server some time Theremin i refuse to look or work on it anymore. it's a lil junky as i was in the middle of the next update but server works just fine. Some organizations are needed with hashes etc

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 08:32:14 pm »
Well after pulling out Windows 95 last night.. I began looking at all of the floppy disks, I then figured I would attempt to find a Iso edition as well as a iso for repairs.

Then figured since i have a lot of experience in micro soldering.. I am going to later on drill holes in my desktop case.
Add flip switches. since my mobo supports around 6 + hdd so i can have a better version of dual boot.
Also working on creating a directory in an external hdd where everything will be stored. any time i switch os/hdd my games everything will be there allowing me to keep a clean pc nice cpu usage etc keep windows clean. also so if pc crashes a os i just reinstall nothing lost.

Well to the point.. I am taking my experience to VCMP . If same issue's exist you can expect the same outcome.
I figured why waste my knowledge.. I will give you my server some time Theremin i refuse to look or work on it anymore. it's a lil junky as i was in the middle of the next update but server works just fine. Some organizations are needed with hashes etc
You're running Windows 95?!?

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:03:46 pm »
I was but I diconnected the HDD and reconnected Windows XP. I actually considered coming back to [LU] as server count is extremely low as well as player count, So maybe some how I could do something about it

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 09:10:25 pm »
I was but I diconnected the HDD and reconnected Windows XP. I actually considered coming back to [LU] as server count is extremely low as well as player count, So maybe some how I could do something about it
I would strongly suggest upgrading to something newer, if you are able. You would get a tremendous speed and stability boost from it, not to mention security updates that would prevent your system from being compromised.

As for coming back to LU, the more, the better! The only reason why I haven't been as active at playing or moderating the forums lately is because I have been incredibly busy at work. (So much so that I barely even get time to sleep, if I'm lucky).

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:15:09 pm »
 :D Yes I am looking into just buying windows 7 used with a product key somewhere local to me.

I would use Linux but there are so many commands to setup linux for gaming etc.

I understand being busy. 

:P There has been weird spammer bots since you were gone

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 09:17:26 pm »
:D Yes I am looking into just buying windows 7 used with a product key somewhere local to me.

I would use Linux but there are so many commands to setup linux for gaming etc.

I understand being busy. 

:P There has been weird spammer bots since you were gone
Ya, I've been nuking all of the bots I've found. I think I got all of them this time!

Have you considered Windows 10? It is pretty fast and stable now.

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 09:21:23 pm »
I have not looked into 10 yet. I know money wise it is out of my league at this time. I also do not like how Microsoft spy's on you with 10, I have nothing to hide I just like privacy.

I will look into 10 in three months when I upgrade( hopefully will be then).

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 10:25:59 pm »
I have not looked into 10 yet. I know money wise it is out of my league at this time. I also do not like how Microsoft spy's on you with 10, I have nothing to hide I just like privacy.

I will look into 10 in three months when I upgrade( hopefully will be then).
MS legally can't spy on you. That was just a rumor someone was spreading around the internet. :P

Understandable. Worst case, if you do go with 7 and later decide to get 10, it is an easy upgrade.

WheatleyGAMING

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »
Even though I'm late it sucks to see you go. I am currently trying to get VC-MP to work so I might see you around there :) Bye and thanks for the help

© Liberty Unleashed Team.