Poll

Luid account system

Yes!
3 (50%)
No!
3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: [Login system Idea]  (Read 1659 times)

Motley

• View Profile
[Login system Idea]
« on: February 24, 2016, 08:34:26 am »
Okay,

So,…
After studying my server log for a extremely very long time. I began to study the known players that hack. Those that do hack can manage to change there LUID constantly!!!! [NO JOKE]

Yet those that don’t there LUID stays the same. So,.. I began thinking of creating a script for a login system. A system where the login is to register your LUID and check player.Name no login after register just spawn and get data from LUID + and check player.Name. if LUID returns false with name check kick player( maybe max attempts ban that new LUID not that account as if there attempting to steal a account that original user wont be banned.).

Not my fault or to others that would really want to use this system. If you keep somehow getting new LUID’s causing you to forever lose access to your original account, Definitely if you have a very NICE!! Server that is worth playing and putting in wasted time. It’s not our fault you forever lost access to your account[From my point of view].

As I know some people do change there computers as for I have one computer but my fiancée has a laptop I may use on trips.

With this idea I plan on creating possibly max attempts for the changed LUID’s only off name[ as for players that change LUID will 99.9 percent have dynamic IP's so a ip check would not be worth it], And those that would love to see this or have, would have the possibility of annoying hackers. They can change there LUID and create a new username but annoyance would be at HIGH, They would not want to play anymore. Its Rare that someone may use two + more different PC’s to Game on, yet to gain new LUID’s all the time is enough to shut down the wants of oh god do I change my LUID after getting banned on another server.

PLEASE VOTE OR COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK OR DO BOTH :D

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: [Login system Idea]
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 07:37:12 pm »
As I already told you before, I find the idea of accounts based on LUIDs to be not so good, for those, like me, who often use different devices. But, with a little change I think that this counterproductive system can turn quite useful to discourage bad sports. My idea is the subsequent: first thing first storing the first LUID a player uses and when a player tries to access with a different LUID, must take additional steps to confirm ownership of the account, and so every additional confirmed LUID must be stored/linked to the account. In this way, when a spoilsport is thrown out of the server, all the other LUIDs can be flagged and do whatever one feels like with them. So in substance a spoilsport can still join, but he will not be allowed to use his account with any device, and if he wants to play he's forced to register a new account and start grinding stats from the beginning again. Quite a deterrent, aye?

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: [Login system Idea]
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 08:33:50 pm »
My idea is the subsequent: first thing first storing the first LUID a player uses and when a player tries to access with a different LUID, must take additional steps to confirm ownership of the account, and so every additional confirmed LUID must be stored/linked to the account. In this way, when a spoilsport is thrown out of the server, all the other LUIDs can be flagged and do whatever one feels like with them. So in substance a spoilsport can still join, but he will not be allowed to use his account with any device, and if he wants to play he's forced to register a new account and start grinding stats from the beginning again. Quite a deterrent, aye?
I actually have to agree with this. That is an awesome method.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.