Author Topic: Subnet banning  (Read 1471 times)

Motley

• View Profile
Subnet banning
« on: December 29, 2015, 03:34:13 pm »
http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,1037.0.html

The post is old and i rather not bump and ask for personal help.

I have no clue about correct scripting and knolledge on how this subnet ban works.
someone please help me as i attempt have a stronge ban system. Please!

EDIT: I WILL ATTEMPT TO WRITE MY OWN AND SEEK HELP ON HOW TO USE.http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ AND BAN/UNBAN MYSELF. JUST HELP ME IN ANYWAY POSSIBLE REALLY PLEASE!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:10:08 pm by Motley »

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: Subnet banning
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:18:21 pm »
Example IP: 192.168.1.100, Subnet: 192.168, so let's say you ban 192.168 subnet, every IP from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 will be banned as well. This can be useful if an user has dynamic IP, some IPs share the same subnet. The disavantage can be that different users may share the same subnet, and also be banned because of that, It's not so frequent but it can happen. As for the script itself it works fine, I use it, and it can be useful against some users, even VPNs have a limited range of subnets. Anyway I don't suggest using it for everyone because one can end up involuntarily banning other players as well, for the reason I previously mentioned.

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 05:26:52 pm »
I appericiate it theremin. i think i relized my mistake. i only want this for the players evading luid bans and dynamic ip. i understand the complications of the same subnet. i am atempting to add every ban option even nametag to /ban . so i know i used all that is possible ;D . except there will be a second ban /Ban containing subnet ban the first one will not.

do i need the program? or can i create a xml ban list. how do you do this?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 05:30:09 pm by Motley »

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 11:49:25 pm »
Well the program is needed just to open the database and check it or add subnets manually or modify it, but it's not necessary if you just want to ban, of course it's suggested to use it because if you want to remove a subnet ban, your only chance would be deleting the whole file (database), basically unlike the .ini and .xml files it cannot be read with Notepad, you need a sqlite database browser, that's actually pretty intuitive to use, I suggest giving it a try.

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 08:24:16 pm »
Well the program is needed just to open the database and check it or add subnets manually or modify it, but it's not necessary if you just want to ban, of course it's suggested to use it because if you want to remove a subnet ban, your only chance would be deleting the whole file (database), basically unlike the .ini and .xml files it cannot be read with Notepad, you need a sqlite database browser, that's actually pretty intuitive to use, I suggest giving it a try.

Thanks Theremin. I wish i could get exact subnets, instead of the ranges. so i can create a have a function to kick the certain subnet; like kick certain usernames etc. I may experiment more but it is a STRONG chance of wasted time.

Once again thank you

© Liberty Unleashed Team.