Author Topic: Computer Downgraded anyone use linux?  (Read 2287 times)

Motley

• View Profile
Computer Downgraded anyone use linux?
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:54:28 am »
During The struggles in my life with bills etc.. I have to force myself to sell all my gadgets etc  >:(

Which means i have sold 4 tower computers
Recording station
Custom computer desk i put together to slide out a steering wheel from underneath
To selling all my Graphics cards i had 5 Degraded to one.
Theirs to much to list,,,

I sold my best tower that would fit more than 5 hdds and disc drives graphic cards
I've Reverted back to my first ever custom tower that i used to have a asus p4p800se in
with a 800 something mb card to, i just mounted a EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW Motherboard with a lot of usefull parts.

So during my time i want to attempt to do what i can to make my computer interesting.

Im thinking about doing a dual operating system, I got the idea due to a hdd i found where I use to run Ms dos with windows xp many years ago..

Then i got curious of getting into linux with windows XP

Believe me I'm actually use to windows 95 to this day so its hard going past Windows Experience. Vista has issues on deleting game data on certain games etc. anything newer scares me due to im a huge expert on old Operating Systems..

So i think i want to put my foot into the door of Linux dual booting. with Windows Xp being the origanal OS,.

****If there is someone hear that can lead me on my way on attempting to update my system, Bugs wine help etc i will be very happy of that. ****
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:26:10 pm by Motley »

Motley

• View Profile
Re: Computer Downgraded
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 05:41:36 pm »

DeDustEagle

• Any time brah
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Downgraded anyone use linux?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »
No offence but what has that got to do with LU???
Why do u think ure better than me?!
Man Shut Up! SHUT UP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 06:00:10 pm »
Please read the forum listing before posting.

Also deals with gaming and dealing with combatibility for lu

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 11:16:31 pm »
meh
better buy a cheap win 7 pc, with atleast intel core i3, graphics card 4000 intel hd
lel
and lu works .-.

Hear are some of my current stats

Code: [Select]
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name Custom_Build
System Manufacturer NVIDIA
System Model 132-CK-NF79
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2666 Mhz /quad core = 4 cpu's\
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 3/15/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name Custom_Build\Motley
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 893.64 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.94 GB
Page File Space 5.04 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT

I prefer my build i only seem to want to upgrade the graphics card,Change the Cpu from a Quad core to a Octa-core, and find good deals on hard drives again.

On a long haul of the computer being on all day the cpu runs only at 87.6 degrees F .
The Mobo has a heat transfer device made of aluminum that is ac cooled to the CPU.
The Right now on parts invested i am looking at 600 in invested parts.
I don't want to go past Windows Xp.

I want Linux due to its free and i can Upgrade for free to continue with an updated os.
With doing so i may uninstall second favorite Os and that's Windows Experience and install my number 1 favorite Operating system and that is Windows 95.

I Just want a updated system to continue playing more games in the future like Liberty unleashed once Xp support is ended

So that is why I am hear seeking help on my journey on rebuilding a pc all over again.
The Mobo is perfect even a new computer for 300 couldn't out beat the capability of 5 sata hook ups and 3 ide hook ups.   

I mainly need help with this so i can stay with the Lu community. Even though You could play Gta 3 on 95/98/ME/2K/XP This is what Gta 3 was designed for. But with programming of Lu supposely its not supported.
Beleave Me you can play Gta 3 on 95 if you know what your doing In these old os. its complicating but can be done.

Anyway Please is there any Linux Users I want to setup Dual Booting. and only use windows in needed situations

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 09:16:20 am »
I could to an extent but the sudo commands never really worked right. there was always a broken download. I've been researching gamer editions with Fully loaded and found a few pretty cool things. i might have a fully working linux soon if so i will add a link of the iso. i mainly dont want to type a command on everything i have to do. a fully loaded version would require a bigger dvd but would be worth it.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.