Author Topic: Cash message inside pickup  (Read 811 times)

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
Cash message inside pickup
« on: November 24, 2015, 12:35:04 am »
Yes i was wondering if its possible to write a small message on weapon price like single player.

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: Cash message inside pickup
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 01:22:41 am »
Check this topic, by playing with it a bit I think this would do. Vortrex used "Courier New" but having just checked I see in-game text looks more like Arial Black, still retaining some differences though.

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 01:31:40 am »
Oh Yea I forgot All About This.. I will have To play with this at a better Time..

Also wanted to play with this to write to a player If hes a cheater on detection of hack scripts "influenced by Gta 5 cheaters cone on there head" i really forgot all about this,. Thanks so much,.

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:19:02 am »
I have been attepting simple modifications in this style with what i have but so far errors.
i plan to change the text style to being something like little message if possible

i might have to write a entire new function to the weapon script or somewhere eles and see what will happens

or i could create something tottally differnt that this script will help me with once again thanks..

Mötley

• Scripter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:45:58 pm »
Okay studying single player I see a lot of interesting things.
Set camera matrix is not locked compared to normal scripting
Each message above the weapon is the same color as the icon

The message appears to be in the same style as
{
BigMessage( player, "********* ); etc
But tiny message

After some thoughts im now using StauntonGangwar Made by Force as Examples of stuff with my prior knowledge

I wonder at times if I could keep the camera matrix locked But set Fonts in the camera matrix for prices of weapons and eventually be able to script it in the right way.
I have a feeling due to the message being the same color as the pickup if it is set with weapon pickup
**BUT there has not been a way found on my part to set a message before pickup going to a pickup
I think StauntonGangwar is a good example for something to play with and see if I can change the entire style of this script with my knowledge and get something working

Last option is to obvious but a lot of building is to create a virtual world and I should be able to script the rest but who has the time for that  :o

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 01:24:10 pm »
Please use the edit/modify button. There is no reason to double-post. The bump was fine, as it was after almost a month, but your last two posts were mere hours apart.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.