Author Topic: GTA III multiplayers  (Read 3479 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
GTA III multiplayers
« on: November 17, 2015, 03:49:23 am »
  • 9 February 2003 - GTA3:AM aka GTA3 Alternative Multiplayer
Which is basically MTA 0.1, which I personally I never got the chance to play it in the gold days, nor managed to get it working recently sadly, development ceased in 2011 with MTA 0.5r2 as far as I know, but another team is working on MTA 0.6 version. Date is of first release.

Sources:
About GTA:AM
About MTA 0.6.*

• 22 March 2003 - GGM
    Development ceased in the same year. Date is of GGM 0.1 release.
  • 1 May 2003 - GTA:T aka GTA:Tournament
    Currently ceased, I didn't know about this before starting this topic, I found just small text about a version of this mp for GTA3, so I'm not sure it ever saw the light. Date is of an announcement I found in the famous gouranga site.
  • Around 2003 - YaMM aka Yet Another Multiplayer Mod Ceased, the only thing I know is that it existed in 2003 and that the mod and its team joined the MTA team at some point.
  • Around 2003 - GTAWO aka GTA World Online Unknown status, there is even less information about than YaMM. The purpose of this multiplayer was to bring Liberty City in VC engine, so I am not sure if considering it a GTA3 multiplayer. But anyway, this mod received support from the MTA team, which allowed to make it playable through its browser as well.
  • 21 July 2007 - LU aka Liberty Unleashed
    No need to spend much words about that I guess :). Date is of first topic.
  • 9 March 2009 - GTA3:O aka GTA3:Online
    Again this is another multiplayer I had never heard of before. Some videos can be found online. Date is obtained from a YouTube video description. Even this one is ceased.
  • 2010 - GTA3C aka GTA 3 Connected
    I'll be honest about this. Sounds like a hoax to me as I found no mention at all beside its own official site and even there few if nothing is said about the mp itself. Year is taken from the first copyright claim of that site.

Legend:
Red - Ceased development
Green - Still developed
Purple - Unknown status
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 11:33:47 pm by Theremin »

DeDustEagle

• Any time brah
    • View Profile
Re: GTA III multiplayers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:01:33 pm »
I only knew about Lu and GGM!
Why do u think ure better than me?!
Man Shut Up! SHUT UP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 08:05:20 pm »

neocortex

• Fuhrer of C.R.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:09:56 pm »
you should add the source links i would like see them.. or atleast send them to me in pm if you cant add them here in public

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 09:35:15 pm »
Project Redivivus

This is a continuation of the MTA mods for GTA III and Vice City.

@The first discussion: GTA3:AM. (It later became known as GTA3:MTA 0.1).
http://files.multitheftauto.com/media/gta3am/

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 02:06:09 am »
I added some of the sources in the OP, I'll add others in the next days. As for the external links, I'm not advertising anything, I'm just a player and not involved in any of those projects. This needs to be taken as a discussion topic about GTA III multiplayers nothing else, I'm also aware that this forum maybe not be the right place for this, but it's also a forum where most people know a lot of stuff about GTA III and where I'm active as well. If posting those links is against rules, please just remove them and leave the rest of the topic intact, I spent some time in making this research. Thanks for paying attention.

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 03:35:12 am »
Hears Your Reason Behind seized development of GGM copied from my Email

Code: [Select]
On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 10:45 AM, [GoE] Barna <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi there

I find it amazing that your e-mail actually reached me, maybe even more amazing that you even wrote it :-)

Sadly in 2004 I had a harddrive crash and lost the source code so even if I'd want to continue, I could not.
But I'm sure if I had to look at source code I wrote back then, I'd get sick or something HAHA

Maybe you could ask a guy nicknamed SpYder, who continued development after me for a while back then.

5 Years ago, someone else asked me about GGM, and I replied to that person that he/she should try to write to the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] if the source code was still in his hands. Heard nothing further.

So if you end up contacting SpYder, put me into the CC, just for nostalgic reason I'd like to get the code back.

Thanks for your E-Mail, makes me happy that somehow GGM is still being remembered, even after a decade, wow!

-Bernhard

I actually find it sad..

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 11:41:24 pm »
I added two other multiplayers I discovered recently, I'll add more sources when I get less lazy, in the meanwhile some of them can be found by googling, other will need more effort to be found. The problem is that some mods like GTA:T have tons of dead links which can be explored thanks to the Internet Archive, but still few notices about a GTA3 version, for what corcerns GTA:T I'm prone to think the GTA3 multiplayer was dropped soon, it's already hard finding notices about it after 2003, except in the main developer personal site. For what corcerns the newly added YaMM and GTAWO info about them can be found in several topics in the MTA forum. I also found a video showing a start in a possible development of another multiplayer, but sadly I'm not able to find that video again.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.