Author Topic: Happened to get in touch with the owner of GGM The first ever GTA 3 Multiplayer  (Read 2645 times)

Mr_Motley

• View Profile
Basically a decade ago i use to be really hardcore into playing GGM and i Happened to notice he still powers his websites. Then realized his emails were still there.. so i figure why not try after all of these years.. I always wondered why didn't he continue his work..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well hear is the responce i happened to get
His response to me:

[GoE] Barna <[email protected]>
10:45 AM (23 hours ago)

Hi there

I find it amazing that your e-mail actually reached me, maybe even more amazing that you even wrote it :-)

Sadly in 2004 I had a harddrive crash and lost the source code so even if I'd want to continue, I could not.
But I'm sure if I had to look at source code I wrote back then, I'd get sick or something HAHA

Maybe you could ask a guy nicknamed SpYder, who continued development after me for a while back then.

5 Years ago, someone else asked me about GGM, and I replied to that person that he/she should try to write to the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] if the source code was still in his hands. Heard nothing further.

So if you end up contacting SpYder, put me into the CC, just for nostalgic reason I'd like to get the code back.

Thanks for your E-Mail, makes me happy that somehow GGM is still being remembered, even after a decade, wow!

-Bernhard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Programing is just way to rusty to be able to reveres the source code back to Bernhard If anyone happens to know the programmer spYder please let me know.

Caution all because i contacted Bernhard does not mean im trying to under throw liberty unleashed under the bus. This is where i began my first ever multiplayer experience in general . I would just love to be able to help Bernhard to have full control of his program again.
Even if he doesn't want to continue to work on it.
maybe if he gets the source code back maybe Vrocker and Bernhard could calibrate.

GGM launches you into story mode.

Then there happens to be the hidden menus of multiplayer that can be unlocked.
With some good programming that could be altered for a multiplayer for liberty unleashed showing all of the servers. then client can be changed.

I mean You just never know what could happen.
Just putting some who knows out there and seeking spYder .

-Happy Gaming
-Mr_Motley

Ankris

• View Profile
Asome, you got contact with the main developer... when I did that, he didn't reply.

Use Google (or your web searcher you prefer) and type 'spyder0815' and most of his accounts will appear, now take time, get an active account and pm him :p

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
*BUMP*

Exactly one month ago...

Then yesterday...

Note I edited his email a bit for privacy and posting purposes

Hi A*****, hi Barna,

I am happy to tell you that my old intel PentiumIII with my development environment is still living and I have found the old sourcecode.
You can also have a look at my ggm 0.5 experiment where I have tried to let the server manage the vehicles and implement actor shooting.
I have also created a skin selector in SCM.
I got stuck when I tried to let the big cargoship drive around with Columbian players. (the ship from the 8Ball cutsceen where it exploded) If you select them they will fall into water where the ship was placed.
After that I have started so many tests and I struggled from one failure to the next or came into a deadend.
While all these changes to the script and the code I have also destroyed the server car handling which then ended in the problem that spawning a boat hung the SCM script completely.
I have uploaded a version 05revX in which most of the new stuff were still working but the skin selection and spawn locations were just in the beginnings.
But sometimes working things justs get lost by a fast endless test.

But there is also a good news.
ggm version 0.4 is the only GTA3 multiplayer which supports the IIIAircraft mod (only GTA 3 ver 1.0!!!) from the developer SilentP, who has made it possible to fly planes and helis in GTA3 even the hunter. Only shooting is not synced.
If people who play ggm has installed GTA3 version 1.0 and III Aircraft they can see each other when entering or flying the Aircrafts whithout crash. But as before you must not enter a vehicle of an other player.

[...]

Best Regards
T***** aka SpYder

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
*BUMP*
one month ago...

Then yesterday...

Note I edited his email a bit for privacy and posting purposes

Hi A*****, hi Barna,

I am happy to tell you that my old intel PentiumIII with my development environment is still living and I have found the old sourcecode.
You can also have a look at my ggm 0.5 experiment where I have tried to let the server manage the vehicles and implement actor shooting.
I have also created a skin selector in SCM.
I got stuck when I tried to let the big cargoship drive around with Columbian players. (the ship from the 8Ball cutsceen where it exploded) If you select them they will fall into water where the ship was placed.
After that I have started so many tests and I struggled from one failure to the next or came into a deadend.
While all these changes to the script and the code I have also destroyed the server car handling which then ended in the problem that spawning a boat hung the SCM script completely.
I have uploaded a version 05revX in which most of the new stuff were still working but the skin selection and spawn locations were just in the beginnings.
But sometimes working things justs get lost by a fast endless test.

But there is also a good news.
ggm version 0.4 is the only GTA3 multiplayer which supports the IIIAircraft mod (only GTA 3 ver 1.0!!!) from the developer SilentP, who has made it possible to fly planes and helis in GTA3 even the hunter. Only shooting is not synced.
If people who play ggm has installed GTA3 version 1.0 and III Aircraft they can see each other when entering or flying the Aircrafts whithout crash. But as before you must not enter a vehicle of an other player.

[...]

Best Regards
T***** aka SpYder

Nice!

© Liberty Unleashed Team.