Author Topic: [/bind] LU keybinds  (Read 1549 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
[/bind] LU keybinds
« on: August 21, 2015, 06:52:19 am »
I can't open the client console with the default button `, due to owning a different type of keyboard, the one commonly used in my country, so I'd like to bind it to a different key, but the /bind command syntax it's unknown, I managed to bind the screenshot to a different key with /bind g screenshot and then this appeared in my Config.conf:
Code: [Select]
<keybinds>
    <screenshot>71</screenshot>
</keybinds>
...but when I tried to do the same for the console nothing worked. Can someone explain me how to do it, or even better, provide the whole syntax to be used with this command? Thanks.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: [/bind] LU keybinds
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 04:18:57 am »
The console button is hardcoded. I don't think you can fix this within LU.

I'm not sure if there is any third-party software or OS settings to control this, but you could search around and see if there is a way to map your non-US keyboard to a key combination for that input.

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: [SOLVED] Cannot open LU console
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 02:01:47 pm »
Problem solved! The correct syntax is /bind key_here toggleconsole, though my key was still not detected. I used \ which has ASCII code 92, instead in the Config.conf I got this:
Code: [Select]
<keybinds>
    <toggleconsole>220</toggleconsole>
</keybinds>
So I modified that 220 into 92 and voila, as simple as that.

Note: I'm sure that LU has that problem because even though the grave accent is the normal key to open console in every game, no matter what's your layout, it will still detect that key even though if it's a ~, or a \ in my case. Also for those who have ~ the console will still open.

Thank you SugarD as by googling after your advice, you unvoluntarily made me find a solution ;)

P.S. For those who want to know more in case their having the same issue, here is what helped me sorting this out:
[...] it can be opened and closed by pressing the button above Tab ?, known as the "tilde." ~
 Note: This should work regardless of your keyboard layout. If it doesn't, [...] type bind your_key toggleconsole (replace your_key with the key to open the console).
From this link: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Developer_Console

Topic might as well be locked for me, up to moderators opinion.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.