Author Topic: can't use.  (Read 5400 times)

betasareawesome

• View Profile
can't use.
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:16:45 am »
so i own the steam version of gta 3 and when i try to patch it i get unknown version. please help i really want to use this super cool mod.

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: can't use.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:48:02 pm »
Here in this topic: http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,2111.0.html
A guy said he got it working with the steam version, though I never tested it as i have the CD version, good luck.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 11:42:18 pm »
LU currently doesn't run with Steam. You have to replace the executable with one from a CD copy of the game. (Piracy isn't supported or allowed here, so please be careful with your replies).

Steam uses a custom executable that doesn't work the same way as the original CD versions do, which is why you can't downgrade it.

metalou

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:06:25 pm »
Hello.
I've installed Liberty Unleashed, but when I run the game (whatever the server), I always get this screen on :
I've tried with the gta3.exe NO-CD one, and also with the original one (but version 1.1) with CD. Still the same.
Could someone help me?
Thank you very much.

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 09:03:23 pm »
Go to single player don't start the game change you video settings on screen size. i had the screen do this before run LU in window mode to see what it looks like..

If this doesn't work ill mainly fix it for you

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 10:14:21 pm »
Change your resolution from 16bit to 32bit. So for example from 800x600x16 to 800x600x32

metalou

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 11:03:54 pm »
I've tried what you two proposed me, but it didn't change, there is the same kind of screen and the same message. Do you have other ideas ?

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
Have you modded your game? This looks like a corrupted archive file.

metalou

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 11:30:37 pm »
No modding at all. I've just tried a trainer but nothing else, no modification in the data files.
One more thing, when I install the updates of LU (as it is asked to me at the first launch), LU doesn't works anymore, it says something like : "the enter point of process GetLogicalProcessorInformation is not findable in the library of dynamic links KERNEL32.dll" (translated from french).
But it works when I don't let the updates be downloaded.
I think this is because I'm on winXP.
Are the updates really necessary to make it work ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:34:04 pm by metalou »

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 12:11:11 am »
I've been playing GTA III on Windows XP for a decade now...

There shouldn't be any problem. Make sure you have sp3 and have done all of your updates i use "slim drivers" program its the best. use that and make sure you have sp3. after that Re attempt.

In the Time of errors and all fails and you want another choice you could attempt to downgrade to v1.0 then upgrade to 1.1 and see if that fixes your problem first.

It should remove the issues of the steam version, if you do this Create a folder in the directory and name it Versions and copy and past the gta3.exe to keep yourself a backup in case something bad happens and you don't want to reinstall.

If Not show In this Forum STRONG Proof of purchase and ill send my gta3.exe v1.1

******if SugarD Agrees*********

And we will see if that fixes your problem.
But i must see your proof due to i don't condone piracy.Neither does the site, But we do want more Liberty Unleashed players.,.
             This should automatically fix everything due to the steam.exe version has some weird blocking..

Hope to Hear Back. :)

and on SugarD's Message back on the mater of sending my version.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 12:18:01 am by Motley »

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 12:18:26 am »
Does your issue only happen with LU, or does single-player give you this problem now too?

As Windows XP support was temporarily re-added, I don't believe it would be because you are running Windows XP...however I would strongly urge you at some point in the near future to upgrade. Windows XP is very old and highly insecure at this point, and stability of the newer OS'es has come a long way since their respectable releases. I see no reason why anyone should still be using Windows XP as their primary OS. (Running as a secondary for compatibility development purposes I can understand, but as the primary OS, that is a very bad idea with the technology and information out there today).

That being said, just remember that LU does plan to remove Windows XP support again in the near future, as it does not support newer coding methods that are necessary to make LU more efficient and add newer features. It isn't a problem yet, and I don't know when the developers plan to make this move, but keep it in mind.

SilverHawk

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 11:01:36 am »
LU currently doesn't run with Steam. You have to replace the executable with one from a CD copy of the game. (Piracy isn't supported or allowed here, so please be careful with your replies).

Steam uses a custom executable that doesn't work the same way as the original CD versions do, which is why you can't downgrade it.
Actually it does work with this method, we've tested it last month to see if it still works and it does :) !
You just need to follow this guide and you'll be able to play LU on Steam, it will record your hours on GTA3 without any problems :)

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 03:54:19 pm »

Actually it does work with this method, we've tested it last month to see if it still works and it does :) !
You just need to follow this guide and you'll be able to play LU on Steam, it will record your hours on GTA3 without any problems :)
What you are referring to is using Steam with a non-Steam game. Nearly all games work this way. What the user was referring to was playing LU with a Steam game executable, which is not currently supported.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »
How many times must I ban you? Get out.

metalou

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2015, 08:25:48 pm »
Does your issue only happen with LU, or does single-player give you this problem now too?

It only happens with LU, no problem on single player game.
I don't have a steam game, I have a CD version, so it shouldn't be a problem.
However I have WinXP sp2, so I will try with sp3 to see if it works better.
Thanks for your help, I would be so happy to be able to do multipayer game in GTA3!

© Liberty Unleashed Team.