Author Topic: can't use.  (Read 5404 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Re: can't use.
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 04:36:18 am »
Gotcha! Here is the problem: SP2. Some stuff LU needs in order to work aren't compatible anymore with anything lower than SP3, so there you go, update to SP3, reinstall LU and let him auto download that itself.

EDIT: I previously posted the link to what you needed but then I wasn't too sure you actually needed that, so I removed it

OT: btw SugarD in one of your previous post in this topic you said something about "piracy" and "using Steam game with non-Steam exe", but I'm quite sure, as long as you own the original game, it shouldn't be a problem to use a no cd exe or stuff like that, should it?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:50:00 am by Theremin »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2015, 04:44:47 pm »
OT: btw SugarD in one of your previous post in this topic you said something about "piracy" and "using Steam game with non-Steam exe", but I'm quite sure, as long as you own the original game, it shouldn't be a problem to use a no cd exe or stuff like that, should it?
That depends on where you live, but generally it is fine as long as you own the game itself, and don't advertise the No-CD executable.

However I have WinXP sp2, so I will try with sp3 to see if it works better.
Known issues
  • XP support may not even work as the developers are all running Windows 8 and have no way of testing on an XP machine

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 12:13:06 am »
[...] and don't advertise the No-CD executable.

I never did, even if you see my previous replies in this topic, I just posted a link which brings to a LU topic not made by me which shows a way to play LU with steam game. Now besides that that topic isn't written by me, I didn't even fully check the way the topic suggests, because as I previously stated, I have the CD version and it's an original copy if you really wanna know ;). I posted that link as I thought it could help this guy and I found that topic which I thought to be related, wasn't aware it used illegal stuff

This is what I'm referring as well:

Here in this topic: http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,2111.0.html
A guy said he got it working with the steam version, though I never tested it as i have the CD version, good luck.

LU currently doesn't run with Steam. You have to replace the executable with one from a CD copy of the game. (Piracy isn't supported or allowed here, so please be careful with your replies).

Steam uses a custom executable that doesn't work the same way as the original CD versions do, which is why you can't downgrade it.

I underlined the relative statements in these quotes. Sorry for the OT I just wanted to make things clear

© Liberty Unleashed Team.