Author Topic: Worst Server scripts  (Read 3697 times)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
    • Visit my YouTube channel
Worst Server scripts
« on: January 15, 2015, 07:13:00 pm »
1. Worst Server, it's the name of the server, yes i decided to call it that way.
2. When i write full it's because the server is ready to go, even if you don't know how to script all you have to do...
was follow the damn train CJ!
...is launch Server.exe, then open LU browser check the LAN tab and there is your server. I'm now releasing only the scripts. You gotta put them inside Scripts folder.
3. This is not a single script, there are a bunch of scripts. Now it's a single script, most of them have been downloaded from LU forum and that's how i learned scripting, though most of them have been modified by me (e.g this Ramp Script allows you to fly the car)
4. There are some bugs that i wasn't able/be arsed enough to fix (e.g the /heal command calls timers w/o stopping them. I've changed the healing system.)
5. This is "my" first server.
6. All the maps are done by me. There are no maps anymore. except the beatiful Christmas Tree which i took it from [RBS]Moby here: http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,2105.0.html
7. All Players, except you, won't be able to join the server if you don't PORT FORWARD, but i won't cover that here, you can find a lot about it just by googling those magic two words ;)
8. This server is nothing too hard, I recommend it if you're totally new a scripting (like i was 2 months ago before starting) and I hope it will let you understand how Squirrel works.
9. The syntax is awful ;P Definitely much better now.

Note: This server was largely based off MessAbout script.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 07/02/2015: I've been told that the download link was broken, so here it is I reuploaded it on Filedropper and also Tinyupload. I hope this time it won't get deleted.

0.9g Link: LINK REMOVED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT 03/04/2015: Here is a revised version of those 0.9g scripts now all in a single .nut file.

1.0 Link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=29000222832945835928

Note: Scripts only! Remember too add your own sound files if you need them.

EDIT: 02/09/2015: I've removed [WIP] from topic's title, since I won't release updated versions of this script anymore. Removed dead links. Removed 0.9g link. Updated explanation since some things I wrote weren't correct any longer due to script changes.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:51:07 am by Theremin »

finalround

• View Profile
Re: [REL] Full "Worst Server"
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 11:34:51 am »
Thank you! Your server has been very helpful in my quest to become a semi-competent scripter   :)

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Worst Server
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 01:16:02 pm »
1.0 Version is now out. I tried optimizing the script and this is the result: All server scripts have merged into a single one, and the same thing happened with client scripts. I got rid of the old healing system, as I wasn't able to find a decent solution (*sigh*). AFAIK I did some tests and everything is working fine, BUT there can be some errors in console when sending empty PMs or using letters along with /car command. Beside from rewriting/cleaning whole syntax, there isn't any big update for what corcerns the content. I'll post the links in the OP. Any feedback would be over appreciated. I still have in mind some updates but since from now on things will go a bit slower, I think it is the right time for leaking this out.

Beary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:35:03 am »
Good work! ;D

ARSEnic.

• Hell o!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 10:56:47 am »
/execute command dosen't exist :v oh btw nice server

Theremin

• Worst Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2015, 08:10:40 pm »
My bad. Execute command is actually named /hexen, it does what it says though, allows you to execute code from chat, for example: /hexen FindPlayer(0).SetWeapon( 6, 1000 );

WheatleyGAMING

• View Profile
Re: Worst Server scripts
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »
Great work! :D

© Liberty Unleashed Team.