Author Topic: Request for blocking server - stolen copy  (Read 5518 times)

niCe

• View Profile
    • GTA-Multiplayer.cz
Request for blocking server - stolen copy
« on: September 17, 2014, 03:28:08 pm »
Hello,

it has come to my attention, that someone was able to download/clone script from my server and now is running it on 93.124.124.100:2322.

I've spent three months almost non-stop scripting my gamemode. I hope something is going to be done about this theft, which was enabled due to poor LU security.

GTA-Multiplayer.cz - game servers for SA-MP, VC:MP, IV-MP and Liberty Unleashed.

play.gta-multiplayer.cz:2301

Vortrex

• View Profile
Re: Request for blocking server - stolen copy
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »
I don't know if this will help, but have you tried compiling your server script? I just tested it by compiling a sample server script and it still works. I compile scripts using the server and the Squirrel functions loadfile and writeclosuretofile.

I don't know why the LU team disabled compiled client scripts. This has stopped me from opening my server as I know it will lead to theft.

Force

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:50:07 am »
I'm not sure how retarded you people are but you do realize that we don't store client scripts on the machine anymore, they are all stored in the memory.

You don't need to worry about compiling or whatever and not opening the server just because you can't compile, the scripts aren't stored locally anymore.

Also from reading what you've said, someone has stolen your server-side scripts? If so, that's nothing to do with LU's security and everything to do with the security of the machine that is hosting the server.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 12:53:55 am by Force »
[Tue - 20:09:35] <&VRocker> CRAP!
[Tue - 20:09:43] <&VRocker> i think i just followed through...
[Sat - 22:11:56] <~Smapy> [R3V]breSt12 killed [R3V]Jack_Bauer. (Splat)

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:17:09 am »
Yeah, I didn't realize that that client scripts weren't stored anymore. I don't think this was on the update list or I might have just overlooked it.

Force

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 01:36:26 am »
Yeah, I didn't realize that that client scripts weren't stored anymore. I don't think this was on the update list or I might have just overlooked it.

I think it was but disguised as something else.
[Tue - 20:09:35] <&VRocker> CRAP!
[Tue - 20:09:43] <&VRocker> i think i just followed through...
[Sat - 22:11:56] <~Smapy> [R3V]breSt12 killed [R3V]Jack_Bauer. (Splat)

niCe

• View Profile
    • GTA-Multiplayer.cz
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 01:44:14 pm »
Also from reading what you've said, someone has stolen your server-side scripts? If so, that's nothing to do with LU's security and everything to do with the security of the machine that is hosting the server.

Yes, from what I've been reported, s19 managed to steal the server-side gamemode. It's not possible that he logged through SSH, therefore he had to download it by some specially crafted tools, using LU server.

I would like to ask you to block the server which is illegally using the stolen script. Thank you in advance.

GTA-Multiplayer.cz - game servers for SA-MP, VC:MP, IV-MP and Liberty Unleashed.

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 02:19:53 pm »
You can't steal the server side script through the LU server. LU isn't that broken, your server security is.

Also, we aren't blocking servers from LU if they have the same gamemode. This isn't LU's fault, and so we're not doing anything against it. You'l have to sort it out with the server owner.

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:05 pm »
There's no server in LU, which use your script. I don't have your script anymore. And yes, I used LU server and mine server exploit to steal your script and execute server-side code.

niCe

• View Profile
    • GTA-Multiplayer.cz
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 04:36:01 pm »
Excuse me, but my server security isn't broken, the server wasn't compromited in any way. The only possible way how the script could have been stolen is through LU server. I've noticed couple of months ago that someone was even able to upload files to LU folder.

Now, instead of not admitting it's LU's fault, you could at least remedy what's been done by blocking the server that illegally uses STOLEN game mode of mine. If I won't receive any support in this case, I'll decide to permanently close GTA-MP.CZ Liberty Unleashed server, because this attitude shown by Thijn is just blatant.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:39:42 pm by niCe »

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 04:42:22 pm »
It WAS LU fault, after 0.1.0.15 update there's no any problems with security (anyway nobody can steal your script). And as I've told before, there's no server in LU with your script.

niCe

• View Profile
    • GTA-Multiplayer.cz
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 04:49:02 pm »
Well, you maybe took down the server but you still dispose of stolen copy of my game mode and you can launch the server anytime again. Unless I have some assurance from LU team that any server with stolen game mode will be blocked, I don't have any reason to continue operating our LU server.

niCe

• View Profile
    • GTA-Multiplayer.cz
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 11:33:23 pm »
There is still a server running on 31.220.49.160:7991 which uses stolen game mode of mine (stolen due to poor LU security) and also copies the name of my server (including the name of my website). <-- Provoking Removed -->
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:20:41 pm by SugarD »

[RU]Kewun

• C.R.C Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 05:47:04 pm »
[CY]Winston has clone of cz/en
Fear the wrath of god!

[RU]Kewun

• C.R.C Marshal
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 05:50:38 pm »
and it is fake that merkel has cz/en, look
http://www.gta-multiplayer.cz/en/topic/23387/
and
https://www.aeoris.eu/images/91371cb25a1d43d2127f042278af641b.png

look at number 88 at ip of server, is completely fake, paint used

Edit: You copied lolmortuary!:D too, but you dont get players because is copy, end
explain everything, give proofs , everything
but not fake edited picture in lolmortuary!:D and cz/en
<-- Provoking Removed -->

another proofs i have <-- Provoking Removed -->
http://pastebin.com/0XMQAnF3
: oh, found.
 http://pastebin.com/MT034RDR
 <Arkhanths> i have 2 lolmotuary temporal
<Arkhanths> xD

more..
all
[
[.- http://pastebin.com/8GwjxCqK
[- http://pastebin.com/46utRk4T
[ http://pastebin.com/j9rTSjEd

last, maybe not
you use chatback, which has black box, so its easier to edit, and you did it

<-- Provoking Removed -->
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:19:57 pm by SugarD »
Fear the wrath of god!

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 10:24:00 pm »
I am not going to sit here and continuously moderate you all because you want to act like bitter children and fight. This topic is now locked. Any accusations of server theft in this case can be directed to VRocker's inbox with POLITE, FRIENDLY, NON-FLAMING evidence as to why you believe it was stolen. Those who have decided to take it upon themselves to attack others have also been given forum warnings. Should arguments like this continue elsewhere, I will start issuing forum bans. Touchy subjects do not make it okay to hurt others with your words...

© Liberty Unleashed Team.