Author Topic: VRocker Hosting  (Read 2561 times)

Vortrex

• View Profile
VRocker Hosting
« on: April 23, 2014, 07:16:20 am »
Yeah, I think this has been asked somewhere else at one point but I can't find it now.

How long does it usually take for a VRocker Hosting LU package to be re-activated? I submitted the payment on the 18th of April. and attempted several times on IRC to communicate to somebody about this, but to no success. I have also sent an email to the address shown on the contact page.

VRocker, would it be possible to make this an automated process?

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
Re: VRocker Hosting
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:55:11 am »
Hi Vortrex,

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, I have been busy lately and I haven't checked the hosting stuff for a while... I probably should.
I'll try and get around to setting your server up later as I'm about to leave for work. If it still isn't done in 8 hours throw me a PM on IRC (ideally to both normal me and -Work) and that will remind me.

As for an automated process, it might be possible but Thijn (the guy who makes the website) is as lazy as me so it would take him ages to implement :P

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:57 am »
Thanks VRocker.

I have a quick suggestion: you should establish a small support team that can help you manage these sorts of things (if you don't have one already).

I think it would be very helpful.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:44:39 am »
Now I can't seem to get the LU MySQL module to work.

I tried connecting to an external MySQL host, which I can do successfully from my PC.
However, I cannot connect via the hosted LU package.

It loads the module, but keeps telling me my credentials are incorrect. I have checked, and I did put the correct information.

Also, I changed the port of the external MySQL host, and updated the script, but it still wasn't successful.

Any ideas?

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 03:17:12 pm »
Now I can't seem to get the LU MySQL module to work.

I tried connecting to an external MySQL host, which I can do successfully from my PC.
However, I cannot connect via the hosted LU package.

It loads the module, but keeps telling me my credentials are incorrect. I have checked, and I did put the correct information.

Also, I changed the port of the external MySQL host, and updated the script, but it still wasn't successful.

Any ideas?
This might just be a worthless suggestion, but try your password for the user in all lowercase. I know in the past I had issues with that on websites running older versions of MySQL. I suspect VRocker knows better than this, but he has been quite busy lately. :D

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 01:23:41 pm »
Depending on what host you use, some IPs might be blocked. Maybe VRocker doesn't allow outbound mysql connections.

You're best of asking VRocker for a mysql database. Unless you have a specific reason not to.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 10:02:22 am »
I've asked for a MySQL database a couple of times already, but haven't received a response.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.