Author Topic: whole lu hacked  (Read 13097 times)

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: whole lu hacked
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 02:54:52 pm »
The attitude of those here is just sickening. Instead of trying to legitimately help out the mod and work towards bringing more players here so the Developers give it the attention it needs, I see nothing but people *****ing and complaining about how one idiot did something incredibly basic and known to the modding world for years. Remember people...injecting things is not uncommon. That is how most of the GTA multiplayer mods hook into the games...

If you people want the issue fixed, I challenge you. Double the player count of the overall mod. Release more servers despite the attacks. Ban any idiots who wish to cause harm to your servers, and that of any others. End server wars and work together. Show the world how strong this community is, and I guarantee you that it will motivate the Developers to release your updates faster than ever before.

If you do not wish to take part in this challenge, then I suggest you give up now...for someone who does nothing but leech off of others, without even so much as wanting to give hope, does not belong in a place where fun memories and friendship rules all.

Kevin Vincent

• The Funny Veteran Motto : It`s Party Time !
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 09:13:06 pm »
LU is Hacked ? You lie ! The Servers works ! Just C.R.C $TREET$ is out by Kewun ; idk why. !
Name: Kevin Vincent.
Gang: PRF Party Rose Funny.
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4zOOADtLK8
Ally: Adam.Rose Modi ; Nuno3000 ; s19 ; Shnurok ; Bayley ; Paige ; Admins & Developers.
Member Title: The Funny Veteran & PRF Co-Boss.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 09:28:44 pm »
LU is Hacked ? You lie ! The Servers works ! Just C.R.C $TREET$ is out by Kewun ; idk why. !
Yes you do.

stormeus

• No-Lifer
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2014, 11:32:29 pm »
I'll never understand why you would deface servers en masse to convince developers to release an update. If anything, it shows hilarious impatience and actually gives us even less of a motivation.

When the VC:MP forum was defaced and wiped and the beta was leaked, it became a huge waste of our time to investigate and resolve. Large amounts of resources, like scripts and tutorials and archives of great community works, were erased, and because the forum hadn't been set up to backup the database regularly, all of this information is gone forever. Because someone wanted to get us to release 0.4 earlier.

So I kindly ask, don't freaking vandalize the community to get us to help the community. VRocker's responses provide a grand amount of insight as to why; I figured I'd share my own two cents.

As for this exploit in particular, I'd say there's a pretty easy solution, which might also add some extra functionality: disable CallServerFunc entirely. Replace it with a function like SendServerMessage which sends the server a certain message, determined by the scripter, which triggers a server-side callback onClientServerMessage. Allow the server to determine what functions to call based on the message.

This would disable arbitrary server-side code execution on the client.
Morphine says:
    them LU devs ranting about how LU doesn't have client pickups
    while us VC:MPers don't have client anything
    ;_;

Stormeus Argo says:
    we have client crashes though
    ohohohohoho

Morphine says:
    LU DOESN'T HAVE THAT

Stormeus Argo says:
    LU - 0
    VC:MP - 1

silent_218

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2014, 11:15:38 pm »

Open sourcing the mod wouldn't help anything. For starters the code is not in a very maintainable state plus how many people who are interested in LU are able to code or reverse engineer? That and if it was open sourced you'd just have a load of different, custom versions of LU knocking around or badly made clones.
As for joining up with VCMP, at the time some of us had time to work on either LU or VCMP but lately none of us do. We have got lives away from the internet you know, we don't earn anything from LU or VCMP so they remain as a hobby so other things take priority.

And yes the update should be for the good of everyone and it would be if anybody had the time to finish it. It probably doesn't help that the code in the current state has lots of unfinished things in which doesn't make much sense to anybody other than me at the moment. My point was that exploiting a bug to try and 'force our hand' is the wrong way about things and if anything has given us less incentive to look into finishing it.

So... i don't get it...  ???
Will you continue enjoying your hobby or you completly tired of it... or you have any other reasons to gave up all your progress?
Because "no time" is never a reason, such as things like "DiKhe@d players" (and it's a... kinda shame to show them any serios attention - because, you know, it's pointless... all people have theyr own opinion based on theyr IQ, so... i think you get what i am about) or some other people showing no respect.

"And remember... respect is everything"

1st of it all you doing this or that for yourself, and only 2nd you do it for someone... because it's your hobby - not someones (but if you really want, you can do it for someone in 1st line, so this will be one more reason to do it :D). From that you and other people, what like this mod - can just ban other disrespectfull people, if they disturb or interrupt developing process or fun of a game on any of servers. Cause "lu hack" not the reason either - you can develop anti hack system (don't say you can't, cause nothing are impossible).

Too small amount of people are playing in LU? (Yes, not that mutch like in SAMP, or World Of Warcraft either...) but this is not the reason too, don't this? I don't think, what you expect much from LU in a begining...

I develop a GTAIII club from 01.08.2008 in social site (like facebook, with wiki), i never expect much from it, i'm enjoying the process and result, cause this is just a hobby, not a step before something bigger... i got lazy sometimes, much times i'm give up, or choosing other interesting things in life... but i'm never stop doing this, cuz 1st - i like this, 2nd i need hobby and this one is best for me, and 3rd i'm really want to finish this cuz i know, no one do it better, than me - thats why i'm trying do it even better than i can do it myself)

I don't know why you started develop this mod, but broke up such a progress... nuh, you doesn't stop this, don't you? Cuz if you do - you've already been writed the post about you choose something better for youreself in life, and choosing something else better is good for any life :-)

So... for yourself you can do anything you want, what you think is better. But for all other people, what like gta3 or lu and wait for any news about it...  please, write what you going to do with it on the 1st page. Because, maybe you don't know, but when you release LU - for some people, for what gta3 is not just a game, or even not just a significant memories - for this people you gave great gift and hope for something, what fans of this game dream about many years before from 2001... and... yeah, this is just a game after all. But... this is just a life. You choose, how you will live it, and for someone of us this game can be somethig such strong... as a part of a soul. Like a refuge (is it right word?) from a hard past times... place, where we can calm down, rest and hide for a while... this place is never changes... unlike us :-)

Too many words? I can continue... but it anough i think. Anything you do - take effect on a people around you, like it or not, but's this is true.

And after all, this is just one of my views of this theme. Thank you and goodluck in anything  :)

Merkel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2014, 09:05:59 pm »

A kid of 13 years old found a method... (me)

Edit: More, more and more...

« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:31:13 pm by Merkel »
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 01:55:56 am »
What is the point in doing this?

You should be banned from the LU community permanently.

Shadow.

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 02:25:33 am »

Congratz, you achieved nothing.

In the next version, your exploit will not work anymore. Happy?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 02:39:14 am by Shadow. »

Merkel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2014, 03:03:18 am »

k. I can find anothers methods.
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2014, 09:25:17 am »
You just don't get it. You can try to find exploits all you want, but in the end you gotta realize that you are making LU stronger with each one.

You find a bug, the LU team fixes it, then you find another, and it gets fixed too. Can you guess where this is headed? Eventually your're gonna be out of options and then what will you do?

Also, I am seriously laughing at the fact that you "found" the client exploit several months after it was already discovered AND certain details were already provided to you about it.

You wouldn't know how to hack even if you had an children's version instruction manual with pictures and a kindergarten teacher reading it to you ... Does the Billy Madison story of "The little puppy who lost his way" ring a bell?

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

k. I can find anothers methods.

Try acting your age.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.