Author Topic: whole lu hacked  (Read 13104 times)

Vortrex

• View Profile
Re: whole lu hacked
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 06:06:14 pm »
LU WAS NOT HACKED

The attitude of the community, is what will kill the mod. Not some two bit "hacker" who found a client script exploit.

I don't know how far off the update (or a patch) really is, and quite frankly, I don't care. It will come when it does ... but until it does, why not just do with what we have?

I have posted a (temporary) fix in this very topic. I understand that it sacrifices the ability to use client scripts for the time being, but I would rather be able to play on a server that doesn't have client scripts, then to not be able to play on any at all.

LU is an epic mod that breathes new life into an old (yet classic) game. Those who are quitting at the first sign of trouble, obviously have no faith.

Interesting question. Only some of you are going to understand its reference to this situation:
If you were about to be hit by a car next to a cliff, would you rather just be hit by the car and both of you fall off the edge, or duck out of the way and let the car fall while you live?

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 01:33:54 pm »
*sigh* The logic of some people. Sure LU has a bug but we're far too busy to fix anything with it. So instead of waiting until one of us developers have any time to fix it properly people would rather just drive the very small amount of players LU has away. Well done, you win the slow clap award of the week.

Anyway, too busy to update and seeing how immature people are i don't see why i should release it for somebody being a dick. If this kills LU then so be it, i really don't care. If one of the other developers wants to fix it and update then they can but I won't be.
Make it open source if you and all devs don't care about this mod, so community could continue your hard work and could get a chance to grow up. You're all busy, so I'm wondering why the hell LU devs has joined the VCMP devs team? Well, probably to do nothing and code 0.4 for the next 5 years, am I right? It looks really hypocritical...as all long waited "uber stable" updates which doesn't exist.

And sorry VR, but the update you should aim for the rest of players who still want to play this rather than "for somebody being a dick". "*sigh* The logic of some people..." Meh, fuk it, I forgot that you don't care about it more than I.

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »
Make it open source if you and all devs don't care about this mod, so community could continue your hard work and could get a chance to grow up. You're all busy, so I'm wondering why the hell LU devs has joined the VCMP devs team? Well, probably to do nothing and code 0.4 for the next 5 years, am I right? It looks really hypocritical...as all long waited "uber stable" updates which doesn't exist.

And sorry VR, but the update you should aim for the rest of players who still want to play this rather than "for somebody being a dick". "*sigh* The logic of some people..." Meh, fuk it, I forgot that you don't care about it more than I.

Open sourcing the mod wouldn't help anything. For starters the code is not in a very maintainable state plus how many people who are interested in LU are able to code or reverse engineer? That and if it was open sourced you'd just have a load of different, custom versions of LU knocking around or badly made clones.
As for joining up with VCMP, at the time some of us had time to work on either LU or VCMP but lately none of us do. We have got lives away from the internet you know, we don't earn anything from LU or VCMP so they remain as a hobby so other things take priority.

And yes the update should be for the good of everyone and it would be if anybody had the time to finish it. It probably doesn't help that the code in the current state has lots of unfinished things in which doesn't make much sense to anybody other than me at the moment. My point was that exploiting a bug to try and 'force our hand' is the wrong way about things and if anything has given us less incentive to look into finishing it.

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »

Open sourcing the mod wouldn't help anything. For starters the code is not in a very maintainable state plus how many people who are interested in LU are able to code or reverse engineer? That and if it was open sourced you'd just have a load of different, custom versions of LU knocking around or badly made clones.
As for joining up with VCMP, at the time some of us had time to work on either LU or VCMP but lately none of us do. We have got lives away from the internet you know, we don't earn anything from LU or VCMP so they remain as a hobby so other things take priority.

And yes the update should be for the good of everyone and it would be if anybody had the time to finish it. It probably doesn't help that the code in the current state has lots of unfinished things in which doesn't make much sense to anybody other than me at the moment. My point was that exploiting a bug to try and 'force our hand' is the wrong way about things and if anything has given us less incentive to look into finishing it.

You don't care if exploit will kill LU, but you care about clones and custom versions, I don't get it. *sigh* The logic of some people...

Well managed open sourcing is still better way than waiting for your updates.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 10:21:04 pm by Stoku »

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 10:54:16 pm »
The exploit isn't gonna kill LU ... Your reaction to it is what will.

Now, venting time ... Sorry if I break any forum rules but this topic is getting ridiculous.

I have posted a scriptable fix in this topic (twice). If server owners want to continue to operate with the exploit available, thats their fault and it shows how obviously retarded they are. We don't need the update to keep going, so stop pushing it because it's getting annoying. The update will be released when its ready.

Stoku ... If you don't like how LU operates, then get lost. If VRocker decides to open source the project, then it will happen. If he doesn't, don't fucking cry. Stop explaining the pros and cons because I'm pretty damn sure he already knows what they are.

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:42 pm »
Problem isn't just this exploit. From 0.1.0.12 to 0.1.0.14 updates have been accumulated many bugs, crashes etc. Bugs count just grows up. I guess here is some people, who can help LU and know C++ and reverse engineering.

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 11:23:18 pm »
Stoku ... If you don't like how LU operates, then get lost. If VRocker decides to open source the project, then it will happen. If he doesn't, don't fucking cry. Stop explaining the pros and cons because I'm pretty damn sure he already knows what they are.
It was only my opinion, it's allowed in XXI. So...who cries? :)

What about CRCing loaded scripts or do kind of hashing?

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2014, 11:27:53 pm »
What about CRCing loaded scripts or do kind of hashing?
It already have been added in .14 update, but it's easy to come over.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 12:49:44 am »
It seems this thread has turned into a gigantic flame war.... The ironic thing is, this exploit isnt going to kill LU. Only few people at the moment knows how to perform the bug. Not only that this bug is easy to fix, unless you use client scripts, really... So no. LU isnt screwed/dead because of this exploit because of how ridiculously easy it is to fix... A fix has been posted on the thread. Until the update comes out just dont use client scripts on ur servers :) Easy simple and good!  ;D
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 08:47:41 am »

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 06:20:57 pm »
You fail, the lammer can exploit without client scripts.

You fail too ... The fix disables any clientside script ability, rendering his exploit useless.

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2014, 05:17:02 am »
Code: [Select]
SecretFunction <- CallServerFunc;
CallServerFunc <- null;
Code: [Select]
function onPlayerConnect( player )
{
CallClientFunc( player , null , "setroottable" , null );
}
I also can change setroottable and setconsttable functions, what I already did.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:21:25 am by sasha19323 »

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2014, 05:21:18 am »
Yes, the setroottable functions (can) be changed. I have taught you well.

However, unless you have found a different method for your exploit, then you won't have the ability to change it, since it doesn't technically exist once nulled out.

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2014, 07:52:43 am »
You fail, the lammer can exploit without client scripts.

You fail too ... The fix disables any clientside script ability, rendering his exploit useless.
Nope. Your fix sets table on connect, but server sets it on join, so client scripts will work as well.

Nihau

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2014, 03:34:59 pm »
Sasha isnt the bad one. The only one thing he wanted - is simple to have a LU update. But yes, the method he used is a bit awful, and i don't support such methods.

But, after all, he want to cooperate with LU devs and to help to fix this before any other guy figure out how to use this "hack".

As for the players that  gone: Thijn have web stats for LU activity. Last time i watched this stats, LU had about 16 players at the same time.

Still need more players? The answer is here:
http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php/topic,1832.0.html

© Liberty Unleashed Team.