Author Topic: whole lu hacked  (Read 13098 times)

neocortex

• Fuhrer of C.R.C
    • View Profile
whole lu hacked
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:39:54 pm »
is whole lu hacked?

every server is locked and there read

RELEASE THE UPTADE
gamemode: before lu will selfdestruck

erh... seriosly?

Merkel

• View Profile
Re: whole lu hacked
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »
is whole lu hacked?

every server is locked and there read

RELEASE THE UPTADE
gamemode: before lu will selfdestruck

erh... seriosly?

s19... ( sasha19323 ) ...
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

MetalLuigi77

• Tacos are healthy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 09:51:46 pm »
Where's VRocker when u need him? Somebody save LU...

I tried to connect to the [HUN] server but the admin there keeps kicking me for no reason.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 10:01:00 pm by MetalLuigi77 »

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:22:59 am »
I noticed that all the servers that this had on it, were unlocked to begin with.

LU itself wasn't hacked. s19 has the ability to inject custom client scripts which means he can also use CallServerFunc.

With CallServerFunc, he can pretty much do anything on the server side as well.r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 05:51:15 am »
Wow thats a great way to get someone to release an update, lock every servers and rename all servers to "RELEASE THE UPDATE". Beautiful...

I really want this update too but really, this is an extremely bad way to rush it. Ironically the person who did this will most likely be permabanned from seeing any server at all after the update is released.
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

niCe

• View Profile
    • GTA-Multiplayer.cz
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 04:06:16 pm »
Could please someone from beta testers or developers confirm that the patch for this security breach is being prepared? I think it is too bad to leave LU as it is, when every single hacker can ruin all the servers.

GTA-Multiplayer.cz - game servers for SA-MP, VC:MP, IV-MP and Liberty Unleashed.

play.gta-multiplayer.cz:2301

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 06:06:44 pm »
I'm not sure if he completely replaces the server's client scripts or just injects his own alongside them.

If you DO have client scripts on your server, I don't know a complete script-side fix, but the only thing I can recommend until a patch is released, is to replace the CallServerFunc() function with something else. Make it a secret word, and compile your client scripts so its not obvious. You will need to replace every CallServerFunc() with the new function.

Here's how you do it. Replace SecretFunction with your OWN word:
Code: [Select]
SecretFunction <- CallServerFunc;
CallServerFunc <- null;
Then, to call a server function, just use the new function.
This is not a completely secure fix. If the hacker figures it out, he could still obtain your secret function name.

For those who do NOT have client scripts, he can still inject his own. There is a scriptside fix for these people that I know will work since I got to test it with s19 a while back. The fix is simple, but you cannot use any clientside function or access anything clientside via any script (or vice versa) once this is applied.

Here is the fix:
Code: [Select]
function onPlayerConnect( player )
{
CallClientFunc( player , null , "setroottable" , null );
}

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 10:17:07 pm »
Most servers are release the update & locked again :(

I really hope this isnt going to finish LU and make everyone leave..
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2014, 12:19:41 am »
*sigh* The logic of some people. Sure LU has a bug but we're far too busy to fix anything with it. So instead of waiting until one of us developers have any time to fix it properly people would rather just drive the very small amount of players LU has away. Well done, you win the slow clap award of the week.

Anyway, too busy to update and seeing how immature people are i don't see why i should release it for somebody being a dick. If this kills LU then so be it, i really don't care. If one of the other developers wants to fix it and update then they can but I won't be.

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2014, 01:17:01 am »
*sigh* The logic of some people. Sure LU has a bug but we're far too busy to fix anything with it. So instead of waiting until one of us developers have any time to fix it properly people would rather just drive the very small amount of players LU has away. Well done, you win the slow clap award of the week.

Anyway, too busy to update and seeing how immature people are i don't see why i should release it for somebody being a dick. If this kills LU then so be it, i really don't care. If one of the other developers wants to fix it and update then they can but I won't be.

Thats a shame :( I really like LU and made a few game modes for it, but oh well. Hopefully this person will stop or a dev will fix the bug.
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2014, 01:32:04 am »
If this kills LU then so be it, i really don't care. If one of the other developers wants to fix it and update then they can but I won't be.

Thats a shame :( I really like LU and made a few game modes for it, but oh well. Hopefully this person will stop or a dev will fix the bug.
I stop so. Now is no reason to continue it. LU is dead, if main developer don't care about it :\

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2014, 01:46:28 am »
If this kills LU then so be it, i really don't care. If one of the other developers wants to fix it and update then they can but I won't be.

I stop so. Now is no reason to continue it. LU is dead, if main developer don't care about it :\

Its very sad honestly, its a great mod. But hey, I wouldnt call it dead at all. Devs are still working on updates just not frequently. I would assume its due to school/jobs/personal stuff or life in general.

Oh and not only that, there are like 20 people online LU right now. Not that bad consider its a mod for a game released in 2001...

Also dude, I forgive u but plz dont attack server again :( Some of my favorite server was locked.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:49:39 am by 2204 »
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Merkel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2014, 09:42:02 am »

Its very sad honestly, its a great mod. But hey, I wouldnt call it dead at all. Devs are still working on updates just not frequently. I would assume its due to school/jobs/personal stuff or life in general.

Oh and not only that, there are like 20 people online LU right now. Not that bad consider its a mod for a game released in 2001...

Also dude, I forgive u but plz dont attack server again :( Some of my favorite server was locked.

The mod was released in 2011 ( not beta ), and about the players, after s19 was started hacking, the spanish players ( 10-15 in total... ) has left of LU. And, I have a question:

Why hack? If you hack ( or with trainers ) the servers, the players leave LU, and less players. It's stupid only hack for fuck all players and kill LU.
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2014, 12:31:55 pm »

The mod was released in 2011 ( not beta ), and about the players, after s19 was started hacking, the spanish players ( 10-15 in total... ) has left of LU. And, I have a question:

Why hack? If you hack ( or with trainers ) the servers, the players leave LU, and less players. It's stupid only hack for fuck all players and kill LU.
And YOU are telling me it? Player, which use any chance to hack? Huh

GuenosNoLife

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »
This project mod is dead very long time.
Little back... Maybe not maybe yes...

© Liberty Unleashed Team.