Author Topic: An extra garage?  (Read 2332 times)

MetalLuigi77

• Tacos are healthy.
    • View Profile
An extra garage?
« on: January 26, 2014, 09:52:38 pm »
We all know Toni in GTALCS has a cool home here in this pic, which isn't normally available in GTA3. But in early development, it would appear that the home was meant for Claude too.

Maybe there's a way to make the garage open via scripts?

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: An extra garage?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »
It depends on whether it is considered a garage by the game or not, and if it can be coded to support such. It may just be a solid object that is part of the building. I'd recommend playing around in a GTA III-supported map editor and see what you can find out about the object itself.

Motley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 09:19:39 pm »
The solidness isn't to much on the ps2 version with the faster game-play cheat i can run at it and in a few second i can enter.The ground is solid. i have also wondered this..
Aslo wondered about the rest of the doors and garages that open in story mode. i think some things can be done in object.dat

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 09:28:14 pm »
Most of them have been coded to be opened via script, or by changing a setting in the config. Unfortunately those that haven't may still need to be coded internally to open. If you find one that opens in single-player that isn't enabled in LU, be sure to post a suggestion for it to be supported too!

As for the solid ones, many of them are a full object that is part of the building itself, and cannot be opened. You can probably test this by spawning the building's object ID, and see if the door is attached to it.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.