Author Topic: GTA III Co-Op???  (Read 8357 times)

Suzuka

• GTA Series are the best! :)
    • View Profile
Re: GTA III Co-Op???
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 09:08:59 pm »
I'm not sure how do you want to add bikes to the game and flyable helicopters, the version of IIIs engine just doesn't support it, and if they would be added they'd be slow as hell

It's just a RenderWare bug, that's why the helicopters aren't supported. If that stupid bug wasn't coded wrongly, we could fly and enjoy Liberty City. But now, shit for ****ed up :(
My to do list:

1. Fly the Police/Escape Helicopter.
2. Play on MetalLuigi77's Cops and Robbers server.

Contact me on Skype: marvelousgamer1337

MetalLuigi77

• Tacos are healthy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 11:19:56 pm »
it's not the engines fault... vc had bikes/helis and vc is renderware

Suzuka

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 11:45:23 pm »

Yea, but as you know GTA III and GTA VC we're released at the same time, some codes got mixed up and made the RenderWare bugged in GTA III's EXE. So, no solution no ''official'' helicopter...
My to do list:

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 01:06:37 am »

Yea, but as you know GTA III and GTA VC we're released at the same time, some codes got mixed up and made the RenderWare bugged in GTA III's EXE. So, no solution no ''official'' helicopter...
Im pretty sure somebody was working on fixing the heli for liberty unleashed
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Suzuka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2014, 10:39:03 am »

Yep, MetalLuigi77 is working on it, also he's creating a GTA III Cops and Robbers server. Would be nice I think.
My to do list:

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2014, 03:06:52 pm »
Yea, but as you know GTA III and GTA VC we're released at the same time...
No they weren't. Vice City was released 2-3 years after III was. GTA:VC is using an updated version of Renderware. Helicopter support wasn't added because R* Games simply didn't know how to add it at the time, plus they feared the 9/11 anger over users misusing them, (which they recently denied in a 10th anniversary discussion, but had confirmed previously years ago).

There is a CLEO mod for GTA III single-player, but no fixes or changes for this are planned to be implemented into LU right now.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2014, 05:02:29 am »
When Npcs come out in the next update is when i will begin to develop the Gta 3 co-op but for now sorry guys, cannot do it but i do plan on making an open source stunt server and gang war server for liberty unleashed
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

Shadow.

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2014, 08:09:24 pm »
NPCs are, for now, extremely limited, not being able to move around. The best you can do with them is have them standing somewhere and hold their weapons, or you can 'simulate' walking or running by setting them an animation and constantly setting their facing angles.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:11:42 pm by Shadow. »

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 08:38:46 pm »
NPCs are, for now, extremely limited, not being able to move around. The best you can do with them is have them standing somewhere and hold their weapons, or you can 'simulate' walking or running by setting them an animation and constantly setting their facing angles.
The Devs are actually working on making them able to use the existing scripting functions and events to alleviate this. I'm not sure how far they have recently gotten, as other parts of the update have taken priority, but it is planned.

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2014, 10:34:45 pm »
A co-op mode seems to be impossible, but a few months ago a great hacker at gtaf created a tool for playing GTA3 missions with friends (supposed to be used in chain games). It is not co-op, but you can play with your friend and both complete missions, however you won't see yourself in game.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/625346-wip-rtcgiii/

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 04:04:41 am »
A co-op mode seems to be impossible, but a few months ago a great hacker at gtaf created a tool for playing GTA3 missions with friends (supposed to be used in chain games). It is not co-op, but you can play with your friend and both complete missions, however you won't see yourself in game.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/625346-wip-rtcgiii/

Cool and anyways, its not exactly "Impossible" to make a co-op mod for GTA 3 it would just take a really long time to make and lots of coding, i could probably do it but i dont want to compete with liberty unleashed and i dont have much time now-a-days. Though for LU I could probably make a mini-missions like mode which have missions similar to the ones in GTA 3 single player.
Things to do:
Make a stunting server

© Liberty Unleashed Team.