Author Topic: My Idea of Roleplay  (Read 1164 times)

Vortrex

• View Profile
My Idea of Roleplay
« on: December 08, 2013, 06:34:36 am »
Okay, I have decided to post this, to see what people think. I have clashed with a couple of RP developers in the past, because of my different ideas on RP. I want to explain what I believe RP should be.

First of all, I am all about redefining roleplay. If you join (almost) any SA-MP server, you have the basics. OOC and IC chats, along with the ability to own a business, house, a few cars, etc.

However, this severely limited.

See, I believe that an RP server should allow the players to have an unlimited amount of possibilities, instead of a script dictating that a user can't players can only hold a specific job or own a certain amount of businesss or whatever. My goal, is to allow players to be able to do what they want, where they want, and how they want to do it ... at any given point in time.

I am sick of "admins trump all". Server staff intervention should be minimal, and mostly to deal with immediate situations such as a hacker or something. I've seen so many servers that look like crap because the server owner decided to lead the police department and remove whoever was already there, simply because "he can". I hate how admins think they need to manage a mafia even though the leader isn't even an admin (again, because "they can"). The mafia owner doesn't need nor want this at any cost, but really can't do anything about it.

Now, I have (and always will) believe that even strict RP should be more action based. Grand Theft Auto in it's entirety was built for this. Whoever came up with the fetish that you have to "type a player into submission" should /me run away from Vortrex ... since /do Vortrex appears to be holding a shotgun.

Now, don't get off on the wrong foot with this. I'm not saying that you can never use /me or /do again. I'm just saying that maybe chasing somebody down the street and trying to type "/me takes out a pistol from under his shirt" might be a little awkward once the guy gets away.

Tell me what you all think ...

© Liberty Unleashed Team.