Author Topic: Importing new collision for gta3's map.  (Read 12806 times)

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: Importing new collision for gta3's map.
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2013, 05:55:28 pm »
You are recreating something that still does not actually exist in the game, as stated previously.

VCS

• Speech is Silver. Silence is Gold.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2013, 03:13:50 pm »
Well, i was thinking, since GTA:LC uses GTA VC's stuff(or whatever you call it), then when GTA VC gets converted to GTA III (Hence GTA:LC use), will those crouching capabilities from GTA VC, come to GTA III?

@Shadow.: Let me try and take a look at the weapons.dat file, and see if i could find anything.
- [MKs]VCS/Ratchet.

Proud MK Liberty Unleashed Divisional scout, LU player since 2011.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2013, 03:16:26 pm »
Well, i was thinking, since GTA:LC uses GTA VC's stuff(or whatever you call it), then when GTA VC gets converted to GTA III (Hence GTA:LC use), will those crouching capabilities from GTA VC, come to GTA III?

@Shadow.: Let me try and take a look at the weapons.dat file, and see if i could find anything.
They wouldn't. All GTA:LC is, is a modified GTA:VC with imported models and textures. Everything else they do is basically just general memory hooking to hack the game, replacement of various audio files, and modification of the SCM code just to emulate the general GTA III game feeling. All of this is incredibly basic compared to the crouching animation idea.

As for weapon.dat, that only contains weapon data. The "crouch" he's referring to is a police animation from the game where officers kneel and aim their handgun. It was never meant to be for the player itself, hence why it's not compatible with Claude's skin. It is also not an actual crouch animation, as one does not exist in GTA III. This wasn't introduced to the GTA series until GTA:VC.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:19:11 pm by SugarD »

© Liberty Unleashed Team.