Author Topic: LU launches singleplayer  (Read 14558 times)

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
Re: LU launches singleplayer
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 02:02:28 am »
I tried everything from this forum and google, even with different game distributives - still nothing, but everything works perfect with same x86 OS.
So you do have the correct path set in your shortcut? Have you tried running LU.exe directly and connecting to a server?

Audiophr3ak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 07:56:47 am »
Everything is correct, i installed the game and multiplayer on 2 PCs (at work and at home), and both of them are using Windows 7 Ultimate (x86 at work and x64 at home). All settings, paths etc are same and they are quiet easy to setup for me, because i used to play many different GTA multiplayers. Both OS are fresh, with clean games installed. Waiting for hotfix, too bad some people are having same problem and can't play LU, it needs more players online!  :-\

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 08:53:45 pm »
Have you tried running LU.exe directly and connecting to a server?

I need to know if you have tried this yet, rather than using one of the shortcuts added by you or the installer. If the issue still exists when the executable itself is ran from GTA III's folder, then it's either a new bug, or your installation is somehow broken.

Audiophr3ak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 10:54:01 pm »
Yes i tried to run client directly from the game folder, as an administrator, anyway it doesn't really matter. Also, there is no way to set up game installation path incorrectly, because client will send you an error message. I tried different game distributives, installation folders, compatibilities and so on - no success. I give up untill new version of LU comes out...

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:58 am »
Yes i tried to run client directly from the game folder, as an administrator, anyway it doesn't really matter. Also, there is no way to set up game installation path incorrectly, because client will send you an error message. I tried different game distributives, installation folders, compatibilities and so on - no success. I give up untill new version of LU comes out...
When we say the installation path, we mean the path defined in the shortcut, not the client itself.

Foxtrot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 02:26:34 pm »
I'm sorry for bumping this old topic but I would like to know if there is a fix for this problem as I can't join any server either. I'm using win7 x64.

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2013, 11:41:47 am »
Make sure you've tried all the suggestions on the previous page too. :)

Foxtrot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 09:28:32 pm »
I have tried everything mentioned above.

Amora187

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 01:36:38 pm »
Guys, isnt there a big fix update for this shit? Because i always get ashamed when i hear other users  play the game with same version as mines Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits, and im really sick of this shit because i want to play with my friends in a server but i cannot connect at all it directs me to single player, i bought last laptop before this too and it was same version and it was working good, but right now im pissed off :'(

SugarD

• Tester
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2014, 10:01:38 am »
Guys, isnt there a big fix update for this shit? Because i always get ashamed when i hear other users  play the game with same version as mines Windows 7 Ultimate 64bits, and im really sick of this shit because i want to play with my friends in a server but i cannot connect at all it directs me to single player, i bought last laptop before this too and it was same version and it was working good, but right now im pissed off :'(
There are several temporary fixes posted. As for a permanent solution, it was made very clear that we aren't sure what is causing it yet.

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 04:11:56 pm »
Excuse me for bumping, but LU works perfect for me on x64 PC after installing DirectPlay(includes in DirectX 9.0). Maybe it will help for somebody.

PatrikBr

• Aaaah eu vo gozaaaar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 02:22:28 pm »
Download link please :D
If you don't like , dont fucking play it!
BUG RAGE 4 EVER : https://www.facebook.com/BugRageOProjeto?ref=bookmarks

ian727

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2014, 06:22:04 pm »
Hey guys,

LU is working fine on my PC. My brother recently bought a new laptop with a Win 7 x64 OS. He has exactly the same problem that is described in this thread. We've been trying for hours to solve that, following every advise given in this thread.

We do run LU.exe directly from the GTAIII directory. It always launches singleplayer, no matter if we're Admin or not, if we use a compatibility mode or something else.

We even copied the whole GTAIII folders from my PC to his - Same problem.

So, what could be the reason for that? It must be something with Windows 7.. Normally, problems related to Admin rights and stuff can be sloved by disabling the UAC, but this does not seem to be the problem here. On my laptop, it even works with enabled UAC.

Here's another thing that might be related to it:

On my laptop, I set LU.exe to be run as Administrator. This caused a UAC shield symbol to appear next to the Icon. I think thats normal, and Google agrees with that.

On my brothers laptop, this does NOT happen! Neither with LU.exe nor with GTA3.exe or any other programs! I have absolutely no idea what could cause that, also google couldn't really help me there.

Maybe this helps somehow.. I or we also appreciate any help!

Ian

Merkel

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »
Hey guys,

LU is working fine on my PC. My brother recently bought a new laptop with a Win 7 x64 OS. He has exactly the same problem that is described in this thread. We've been trying for hours to solve that, following every advise given in this thread.

We do run LU.exe directly from the GTAIII directory. It always launches singleplayer, no matter if we're Admin or not, if we use a compatibility mode or something else.

We even copied the whole GTAIII folders from my PC to his - Same problem.

So, what could be the reason for that? It must be something with Windows 7.. Normally, problems related to Admin rights and stuff can be sloved by disabling the UAC, but this does not seem to be the problem here. On my laptop, it even works with enabled UAC.

Here's another thing that might be related to it:

On my laptop, I set LU.exe to be run as Administrator. This caused a UAC shield symbol to appear next to the Icon. I think thats normal, and Google agrees with that.

On my brothers laptop, this does NOT happen! Neither with LU.exe nor with GTA3.exe or any other programs! I have absolutely no idea what could cause that, also google couldn't really help me there.

Maybe this helps somehow.. I or we also appreciate any help!

Ian

Can you test this dll?

http://www.merkel.ga/lu.dll
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »
I wouldn't recommend using that file. Who knows what it is infected with.

Only use the official LU.dll that comes with the client download on the main site.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.