Author Topic: [Archive] OMG! Its an update!  (Read 7026 times)

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
[Archive] OMG! Its an update!
« on: February 22, 2008, 06:21:10 pm »
No your not imagining things, this is actually an update! :o

Theres been quite a lot of changes in the LU world recently. We really should have had a release by now but theres been problems here n there and it doesn't help that i'm kinda lazy :P

Anyway, in the last news post i announce that LU had a new developer. Unfortunately he hasn't really done much and we havn't spoke to eachother for a while so it seems we've both gone our seperate ways. Luckily this hasn't set back the mod since i have still been coding alone.
When i recruited savage, we agreed that the mod should be recoded from scratch using new methods to increase stability and usability. I'm happy to say the core recode has been going very well!

This recode includes a lot of good things. One of which being a proper GUI system similar to MTA:SAs. The GUI has been made from the ground up by me and so far its coming along very well. It isn't quite finished yet but is in a useable state. With this GUI system and scripting you will be able to create your own menus and stuff to enhance the users gameplay and your server :)
And for everyone thats concerned that the new GUI will have an impact on performance, i'm happy to say it doesn't. I've successfully had many windows, text labels and memoboxes scattered around the entire screen on a low end system without losing a significant ammount of FPS.

Heres a small screenshot showing the LU console which was made with the GUI system. The titlebar is optional and it can be moved, resized and customized to how you like it. It also has a nice fading effect when its shown/hidden which is optional.

Another thing the recode has done is made the mod smaller, easier to manage and easier on resources. The netcode has also been redone once again and bandwidth usage has been greatly reduced. At this time i do not have an exact bandwidth usage per player but i can tell you its less than it used to be (Old core sent about 990B/s per player for footsync)

Few more things i've done to the game. I've managed to disable all kinds of things which would usually interfere with a multiplayer game. One thing i've done is completely disabled AI police (Helicopters, boats, cars and ped) so the wanted stars are usable without some annoying AI coming along and killing you :P
All the ped AI and vehicle AI have been disabled at the highest level so the game doesn't even attempt to load any, this frees up a bit of memory and game resources so it can run that tiny bit better :)

Some more good news (Mainly for you linux fans)... The LU server has successfully been ported over to Gentoo so at the moment we have a Windows and a Gentoo server :) Since i'm not that good on linux i'm not sure if the gentoo server will work on any other linux distributions but if it doesn't, it shouldn't be too hard to compile them for any distribution :)

Well i guess i'll wrap this news post up now. As you can see the mods not dead and is starting to get more active again :)

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
Re: OMG! Its an update!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 09:29:24 pm »
Holllly sh*t!!:O. It's fatamorgana :O? Nice one, and please for more updates:D. This GUI system looks very nice. Keep it up and congrats!

BTW. Server will start on linux debian?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 10:02:32 pm by [LCK]Stoku »

onepiece

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 02:50:42 am »
Cool, an update! Its actually kindof a shame that the other AI and the sops were disabled though, it would be awesome as an option so that you could all fight off the cops as a group, oh well.

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 03:09:41 am »
Small update on the linux server. It runs fine on Debian and should do on other linux distributions :)

The AI could be enabled but theres no way of syncing it. So i decided to disable any aspects that couldn't be synced to free up memory and reduce the possibility of things being unsynced

[LCK]Zentrix

• View Profile
    • Polish Site About GTA Series
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 11:46:01 am »
OMFG Finally some good news. It's good to heard that LU aint died :P

Btw - u said that u recode LU( if i remember u do it few times..). And my question is -> whats with old source code? Maybe u release some old vers to make some ppl happy...lol( eg. like me xD ) becuz every one is bored of M*A:GTA3.( i kno that can sounds lil bit stupid, but im "hungry of somethink new in gta3 world"  xD)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:47:37 am by [LCK]Zentrix »

UZI-I

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 06:23:47 pm »
YaY !

The Pawner is Back :) Welcome again in your home lol

GoodLuck For the next and nice stuff for the GUI ;)

Dert

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2008, 09:36:41 pm »
Oh, man, still waiting)

Good luck to you, this thing has a big potential

Dobi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 08:14:50 am »
YAHAA! An update! It looks nice. Really good 1. Keep goin'. BTW when LU is going to be released on 100%?

• Part-Time Ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 02:57:15 pm »
And for everyone thats concerned that the new GUI will have an impact on performance, i'm happy to say it doesn't. I've successfully had many windows, text labels and memoboxes scattered around the entire screen on a low end system without losing a significant ammount of FPS.

some of that elite hacking, good work bruv.

good update, sexier screenshots next update prz  ;)

© Liberty Unleashed Team.