Author Topic: Promotion LU: part one  (Read 5632 times)

Nihau

• View Profile
Promotion LU: part one
« on: February 23, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »
Well, if we want more players in LU, we need to have good servers. And i know what we need to do.

In MTASA most populars servers is roleplay servers. All we need is, to have realy awesome server(s), which contain everything possible  in one place, but main mode is Roleplay.

When LU will have cool RPG server, i will say what we have to do on the next stage, but until,
I announce this topic for RPG  server developers.

Nihau

• View Profile
Re: Promotion LU: part one
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:22 pm »
Ok, we have a first team of developers.

Currently we have 3 members in our team.

Our team consist of: Vetal, xaker and Vortrex.

Project state: 0% (will be created from scratch).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:03:17 pm by Vetal »

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:33:54 pm »
Contact Vortrex. As i know he's started develop rp server too

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 12:34:02 am »
Actually the server I was running the other day was a (very) buggy one I built from like way back. My registration date was April 2011 on the server, if that gives a clue to how old it is.

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 01:15:01 am »
Are you sure that good servers = more players? I'm not familiar with LU's player base, servers etc., but believe me, even if you make 10 good servers, the player base won't rise much. GTA3 is simply old. Many people dropped it already (I see this on gtaf for example, there aren't much topics about modding gta3). Perhaps if LU would have some advanced game hacks functions like MTASA (to add new cars, weapons, etc, changing the game in general) then the player base will raise for sure (+ promoting LU on websites).

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

Nihau

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:19:33 am »
Are you sure that good servers = more players? I'm not familiar with LU's player base, servers etc., but believe me, even if you make 10 good servers, the player base won't rise much. GTA3 is simply old. Many people dropped it already (I see this on gtaf for example, there aren't much topics about modding gta3). Perhaps if LU would have some advanced game hacks functions like MTASA (to add new cars, weapons, etc, changing the game in general) then the player base will raise for sure (+ promoting LU on websites).
Liberty Unleashed definetely need avanced RPG server(s), because many players expect such server(s) ( i read this on the Web where LU was discussing, i asked this on the servers on different multiplayers  for GTA ).

In general your comment makes sence, and  i can't disagree with you, but our project is worth to try.

[EG]~[S]aha~

• Liberty Unleashed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 11:52:40 am »
I wish you luck in your development server! ;)

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 05:49:13 pm »

I have always said that more modes would result in more players, which it will. Think about it, at the moment its just DM servers and DM gets boring very fast. What you need is some fun modes, racing and RP servers.
If i remember correctly, MTA:SA was fairly empty when it first came out due to lack of modes but due to the larger community the modes came quickly.

Yes GTA3 is old but there are a lot of people out there who still enjoy the nostalgia of the game. Adding advanced features would help but you shouldn't need to be able to change the game so much just because its 'old'.

I hope your project goes somewhere and you start a craze of RP servers. LU was designed for RP servers (as it is my favourite mode) so you should be able to do some great things with it. And remember, i can offer hosting for your server if it proves popular and unique :)

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 05:54:32 pm »
VRocker is right. DM gets very boring. Roleplay is something that ever since I first experienced it, I keep getting drawn back to it. DM servers are good for having that short moment to take a "break" from roleplay every now and then, but an RP server is where it's at.

IdkanYavuk X

• Developer for The Newport Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:27:12 pm »
I have a team working on an RPG server right now.
Also Vetal has a project too, and Argonath RPG is coming soon (i think).

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »
I agree, DM gets boring. When I play MTASA from time to time, I choose every server apart from DM :).

Okay guys, good luck with a role play server, but that's still not enough to boost the player base.

VR, what do you mean with "a lot of people out there"? Where are they? I see GTA3 players VERY rarely @ gtaf. Let's face it. Everyone who liked GTA3 when it was released, loved VC later. Both games are similar, but VC simply beats in almost everything gta3. So no wonder many players moved to VC.

Even if you stand on your head, not much will come back :(. The only way to get somehow more players is by... promoting, yes :D. Advertise it on gta-websites, show the people why should they play LU at least once in their life, make some events like recently on VCMP etc. etc.

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 02:51:09 am »
...and Argonath RPG is coming soon (i think).
You are correct sir. :)

Nihau

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 12:00:11 am »
News about project that i started.

Vortrex has been exluded from the Team.  Team has not gained any script from him, but thats not the reason. The real one because from now on i personally  dont trust him and we want to see defferent servers as a result.

Now we have full TODO list, all stuff need simply to be implemented in scripts. While on other  side, i have less time as i expected before. So this large project will take a while.

Cya

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 01:02:06 am »
I'm not trusted because they asked a question on their private forums, and I replied "Hi" as a joke.

I actually had some decent scripting lined up for the project, but I was the only one doing anything and I never uploaded because neither of the two other scripters had any interest.

IdkanYavuk X

• Developer for The Newport Experience
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 07:03:42 am »
I'm not trusted because they asked a question on their private forums, and I replied "Hi" as a joke.

I actually had some decent scripting lined up for the project, but I was the only one doing anything and I never uploaded because neither of the two other scripters had any interest.
I am a witness, I saw it ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:32:55 pm by IdkanYavuk »

© Liberty Unleashed Team.