Author Topic: VU source code  (Read 7340 times)

sasha19323

• View Profile
VU source code
« on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:41 pm »
VRocker didn't answer my messages about it, so I ask it here.
Is VU sources opened and where I can get it?

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
Re: VU source code
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »
No, VU sources are not available to download. Why should they?

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

sasha19323

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 03:29:58 pm »
Why not? Project is frozen, but community can make it work, isn't they?

NC

• cipa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 01:19:04 am »
The community should script VU?

Even if VU is frozen... I guess VU is coded in the same way like LU is. So, releasing the source of VU is almost the same like releasing the source of LU. And LU isn't frozen :).

Website online:
My YT channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/1234sdg131

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:49:40 am »
As NC said, the VU source is exactly the same as the LU source with minor memory address changes for GTA:VC instead of GTA3 so releasing the VU source would be the same as releasing the LU source.

This is why VU half works and half doesn't because there are things inside LU which arn't compatible with vice city so things go a bit iffy. It is also why VU exists since it is using the same code we didn't have to start a new project from scratch.

MetalLuigi77

• Tacos are healthy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 07:05:23 am »

Sorry for bumping, but i would like to see a secondary GTAVC multiplayer option. There is alot of things you can find in LU that relate to GTAVC, like...

http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Objects

Vice City stuff...

And in Setting, a GTA VC directory option.

You can set your server as a VC server, by going into the config and setting game to 2. But, it gives you a error that it can't find your Vice City directory, and it will take you to settings to set it, but the option is not yet available.

After all, there used to be MTAVC, so i would be MORE than happy to make a cool CNR server for Vice Unleashed... I do wonder what would happen if you could set up the directory and connect to your server.

Merkel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 09:26:45 am »

Sorry for bumping, but i would like to see a secondary GTAVC multiplayer option. There is alot of things you can find in LU that relate to GTAVC, like...

http://liberty-unleashed.co.uk/LUWiki/Objects

Vice City stuff...

And in Setting, a GTA VC directory option.

You can set your server as a VC server, by going into the config and setting game to 2. But, it gives you a error that it can't find your Vice City directory, and it will take you to settings to set it, but the option is not yet available.

After all, there used to be MTAVC, so i would be MORE than happy to make a cool CNR server for Vice Unleashed... I do wonder what would happen if you could set up the directory and connect to your server.

Vice Unleashed is CANCELLED
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

MetalLuigi77

• Tacos are healthy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 09:34:50 am »
Still though. Maybe it will magically pop outta nowhere?

Edit : I look at LU's server.exe with Hex Workshop. Holy hell, why all this effort into VU, just to cancel it? And tiny bitses related to Andreas Unleashed, which i def know won't happen :p
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:56:01 am by MetalLuigi77 »

Merkel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:53 am »
Still though. Maybe it will magically pop outta nowhere?

Edit : I look at LU's server.exe with Hex Workshop. Holy hell, why all this effort into VU, just to cancel it? And tiny bitses related to Andreas Unleashed, which i def know won't happen :p

VC-MP released on 13/08/2005
SA:MP released on 09/05/2006
LU-MP released on 25/10/2010 (but the beta version on 2007)
Westwood Studios

The best studios company in strategy videogames.

Juppi

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Kuslahden alaste GTA:MP clan
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2014, 03:39:40 pm »
The LU devs are now part of the VC:MP dev team (and vice versa), so chances of any VU related news are slim to none. Instead, if you're a VC fan I'd suggest keeping an eye on VC:MP 0.4.

LU-MP released on 25/10/2010 (but the beta version on 2007)

LU, not LU-MP :P

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 09:07:40 pm »
Even though chances are slim, I think it would be cool to have an option for VU.

This is like Microsoft's vision for the future of their company. The thing where they have a unified codebase for developing on Windows RT, phone, and now XBOX One apps. Little changes in code leads to release on the other platforms.

This is what I would like to see for scripting on LU and VCMP as well.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 02:57:18 pm »
Three seriously disturbing things I would like to mention about the mistakes made in this topic:
1. It is called LU, not LU-MP, or LU:MP, or anything else.
2. MTA:VC is not gone. The "used to exist" comments are null and void. It is still around. I don't appreciate people ****ting on GTA3:MTA/MTA:VC.
3. VU was not cancelled. It was postponed, as the LU and VC:MP teams decided to work together and help each other on one another's mods instead of stretching the LU team thinner, and creating competition against VC:MP. This does not mean it will never happen. It just means it isn't happening right now. Those who cannot speak for the LU team shouldn't be spreading false rumors about this. VRocker himself did nothing to state that it was cancelled in response to all of the previous comments in this topic, so why would regular users go and do it?

Now as far as VU and AU go, I would love to see them too...but until people start pitching in and volunteering to help out the LU team, I don't see it happening any time soon. They already need help with LU because of a lack of active people able to constantly work on it. If someone capable, willing, and trustworthy offers themselves forward to help out, maybe this can change...

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 07:12:21 pm »
What does the LU team need help with? I would like to submit my time and effort to whatever I can do to help.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »
What does the LU team need help with? I would like to submit my time and effort to whatever I can do to help.
Right now, I'd say C++ developers.

Vortrex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 07:24:40 pm »
Oh nevermind. I don't much about C++ unfortunately.
The closest thing to C++ that I can script is Pawn (From SA-MP), which I'm pretty decent with.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.