Author Topic: New Graphics -- New Staff Member  (Read 5592 times)

Savage_Axe

• View Profile
New Graphics -- New Staff Member
« on: January 16, 2008, 12:33:49 am »
Hello all :)

As you've probably read by now, i have been introduced as a new staff member of Liberty Unleashed. As my kind of "introductory" present, i give to you a screenshot  showcasing some of the new graphical abilities of LU.

Me and VRocker agreed to re-design the core from scratch, with a completely new system. My job mainly is to be in charge of all the system/graphical/utility functionality while VRocker focuses on the game disassembling/hacking, netcode etc.

My job focuses mainly in my most experienced area. I have a lot of experience programming game engines so it would make sense for me to program most of the utility and system classes, which gives VRocker the time he needs to focus on the more important GTA disassembling...

The screenshot i present to you showcases some of the graphical features i've already programmed into our new core. These features are:

• Bitmap image fonts. - For fancy image fonts.
  • Bitmap truetype fonts. - For chat/info/display fonts.
  • Sprite interface. - With ability to load/manipulate images and place them in either the 3d world or 2d screenspace.

The sprite interface also supports sprite sheets, alpha-channels, colour overlays and scaling.

The font classes have a real-time hex code colour feature, which basically enables you to colour certain parts of a sentence in a certain colour. For example, the strings on the following image were scripted like so:

Code: [Select]
[ff0000]This [ffff00]is [00ff00]a [00ffff]scary[d] bitmap image font!

It's pretty simple to understand, the font class parses the string, if the string contains and opening bracket and a closing bracket, with a 6 letter hex code, it retrieves that code and converts it to a decimal colour code for use with the graphics renderer. (NOTE: [d] is used to set the colour back to the default colour. )

Finally, here's the image i've been talking about. It might not look like much; but it shows you all of the features previously mentioned. Hope you like it :)

Ps. The skin on the player is one i created based on one i found on a website, and edited a lot to my taste ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 12:40:22 am by Savage_Axe »

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
Re: New Graphics -- New Staff Member
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 12:42:26 am »
Cool staff! Keep is up guys!

CookieM

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 12:44:26 am »
nice work. Welcome to the team ;)

Dobi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 01:29:16 pm »
NIIIIIIIIIICE WORK! I'm sure that the other GTA multiplayer mods will suck in the front of LU!!! Keep goin' kuz I can't wait the first LU version!

Stoku

• lck.gudio.eu
  • Liberty City Killers
    • View Profile
    • Liberty City Killers (GTA3/VC Clan)
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 03:31:24 pm »
I can't wait the first LU version!
Same:P

[LCK]Zentrix

• View Profile
    • Polish Site About GTA Series
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 06:33:32 pm »
This option will be use to ingame map? I remember that Vrocker said somethink about it, in one of "wish list" topics.
And my 2nd question is that every 1 will be able to add own bitmap?(eg. set it up in cofing?)

Ephe

• View Profile
    • Church of Norris
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 07:47:58 pm »
And my 2nd question is that every 1 will be able to add own bitmap?(eg. set it up in cofing?)

If that's so it would make for an immensely greater amount of customization. More moded crap too.
Don't worry, profession is supposed to be spelled with two f's. In fact, we need a ph there.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.