Author Topic: Boats  (Read 4312 times)

[TZC]Adrian

• The Zabaitsu Comission Member
    • View Profile
Boats
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:31:21 am »
I will like to see boats in liberty unleashed, why not, and for be sure, i seen a lots of videos thatsays boats sync and its perfect, so why you disable it?

Thats no cool.. >:(

stormeus

• No-Lifer
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Boats
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 02:43:41 am »
i seen a lots of videos thatsays boats sync and its perfect, so why you disable it?

Thats no cool.. >:(

Because boats are extremely unstable and have been in a testing period for a long amount of time. They'll be enabled when they're synced properly and (mainly) crash-free.
Morphine says:
    them LU devs ranting about how LU doesn't have client pickups
    while us VC:MPers don't have client anything
    ;_;

Stormeus Argo says:
    we have client crashes though
    ohohohohoho

Morphine says:
    LU DOESN'T HAVE THAT

Stormeus Argo says:
    LU - 0
    VC:MP - 1

Thijn

• Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 01:10:02 pm »
I think they might come soon...

Be patient, and your dream will come true in a short time :)

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:04:20 am »
I don't see how boats could ever be properly synced. The water goes up and down with waves, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that water movement client sided?

You'd have to make the vehicles movement on the water stay client sided wouldn't you? Only track movement of the vehicle by the player when they drive it?

VRocker

• Liberty Unleashed Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Madnight Software
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 11:18:49 am »
I don't see how boats could ever be properly synced. The water goes up and down with waves, right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that water movement client sided?

You'd have to make the vehicles movement on the water stay client sided wouldn't you? Only track movement of the vehicle by the player when they drive it?

You are correct that the water is 'usually' handled client side. Liberty unleashed syncs the waves to try and keep the boats looking well. Without the wave sync, boats end up being engulfed by waves remotely.

Boats are still being worked on but are still buggy. One of the bugs is they like to vanish when somebody enters them, this happens with vehicles too but its not as common (Boats tend to vanish once every 4 tries, vehicles do it rarely). Unfortunately due to them being invisible, they like to crash any players nearby when the player exits the boat so it needs fixing before we re-enable them.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 06:40:49 pm »

You are correct that the water is 'usually' handled client side. Liberty unleashed syncs the waves to try and keep the boats looking well. Without the wave sync, boats end up being engulfed by waves remotely.

Boats are still being worked on but are still buggy. One of the bugs is they like to vanish when somebody enters them, this happens with vehicles too but its not as common (Boats tend to vanish once every 4 tries, vehicles do it rarely). Unfortunately due to them being invisible, they like to crash any players nearby when the player exits the boat so it needs fixing before we re-enable them.
By any chance are the collisions involved in this?

Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:31:58 pm »

Ah I completely understand, I've experienced this anomaly with cars about 5 times in several weeks where they will appear on the radar but I can't see them, and if I attempt to go up to the invisible car (based on their position on the radar) it does indeed crash me.

TheMoonLightman

• [GLT] clan member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 09:15:21 am »
Ah... boat races...
LU 4ever)))

VetalYA

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 05:23:19 pm »
Ah... boat races...
I already have scripted Race on my gamemode, and  if developers  will   add Boats, i will put Awesome races on water :)

Prada

• [Mafia Clan] San4eZ
    • View Profile
    • MafiaClan
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 03:57:09 pm »
Then we suffer and wait for the boat. :-\

88nateatx

• Doesn't give a damn about his bad reputation.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 07:51:35 pm »
I wouldnt push too hard for the boats, 'cos eventually, people will ignore them again, kinda like it was when everyone was rushing LU's Release.

I'd rather wait and have perfect sync and everything, instead of rushing it and getting not too great performance.

SugarD

• Argonath RPG Dev/Manager
  • Tester
  • STOP IN THE NAME OF THE COLESLAW!
    • View Profile
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 09:51:53 pm »
i know how to crash player /spawncar 142 /spawncar 142   

1. Boats already exist in LU.
2. You have unnecessarily bumped a topic.
3. You are posted in the wrong place. Please post your help requests here if you find a problem with LU itself:
http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php?board=23.0

Or here if it's a script problem:
http://forum.liberty-unleashed.co.uk/index.php?board=17.0

I also hope that you saying "I know how to crash a player" does not imply that you are trying to help people crash others.

Topic locked.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.