Author Topic: The ulltimate forum about land vehicles and simulations  (Read 5139 times)

Dobi

• View Profile
The ulltimate forum about land vehicles and simulations
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:39:49 pm »
Hey there! I have 1 forum. It's about vehicles and games with vehicles. It's an vehicle encyclopedy too. Here is a link:
http://speedmasters.10.forumer.com

Do you know how can I make my forum more visible. How can I add it's URL in searchbots and what should if I want to advertise it someware for free?

CookieM

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: The ulltimate forum about land vehicles and simulations
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:52:25 pm »
To make it more visible i suggest buying a domain (.com/.net/co.uk etc) & webspace...

You should talk to Griff for more information on buying those..

Griff

• Official Liberty-Unleashed server host
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 03:57:34 pm »
what you should do:
1.) purchase a proffessional webhost. i.e. something running cpanel or plesk. (these are forms of administrations systems) - these automaticaly make your site more popular via the use of inurl:// "index.of" (google also checks directory listings. so the more directories you have in your site, the more likely you are to show up on google.)
2.) purchase your own domain name. this will make your forum and site UNIQUE. this will also make googlers more likely to click your link. i.e: "ohh look! its a crappy freewebs website. no point in going there.";"ohh look! it has its own URL! i think i should check it out!"
3.) include meta tags in your site homepage. this makes your site more likely to apear in google! (suposidly it does, but ive never seen any evidence of that.)
4.) affiliate yourself! go to existing similar comunities (NOT THE SAME!), and ask if they wo0uld like to affiliate with you! (try and target someone with the same amount of active readers to that website/forum)
5.) ADVERTISE! i know this is not always the most efficient way, but it does get you members.
5.a.) ways to advertise: msn nickname; in-game name; forum posting (as your doing); by mouth/text message (as in irc type thing, any convo you can have.); and last but not least, paying to have an advert put somewhere.

if you need webhosting, you can buy some cheap hosting from me for £1.50 a month and above. (this gets you 200mb space, and 2gb bandwith. you probably wont need much ore than this unless you have a large comunity(which you dont:
Our users have posted a total of 41 articles
We have 3 registered users
The newest registered user is cobrax1884).)

heres an example of what you can expect: http://example.gs-network.co.uk and http://example.gs-network.co.uk/cpanel (the last link is the admin login system. this give you FULL controll over the whole site. but ofc im not giving out passwords XD)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 04:00:51 pm by Griff »

Golden Gun

• Sic vis pacem parabellum
    • View Profile
    • Yetisport
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:50:28 pm »
what you should do:
3.) include meta tags in your site homepage. this makes your site more likely to apear in google! (suposidly it does, but ive never seen any evidence of that.)
Nah That's the good thing with Google. When google was new. Some websites had a lot of <meta> tags in their page and mostly of them was incorrect. Like if you searched for cars you would get to a site that was about cellphonnes etc. etc... Cause of that Google come out and it used someting that I think is called Spiders (It might not be the correct term, But thats what I use) They scan your page and looks at links and stuff's <alt> attributes and the smaller things and if you get enough hits it would be showned at Google.

But you should add the <meta> tags cause it is still surfers that using older search engines that are scanning the <meta> tags and if you add <meta> put them in the bottom. Not in the front It would make your page loading faster, It might not be a noticalble result for you. But hey mostly intenet user's are still stucked at a 56 modem and it isn't fast. Oh yeah I am a optimaztion freek. Would look through your sites source and see what stupid things you done. Hopefully you didn't but all does.

Dobi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 08:02:38 am »
The only thing that I did is to add my URL into google. They sayed that it'll take about 1-2 months to add the URL. They also sayed that if I'm lucky I'll wate only few weeks not months.

Golden Gun

• Sic vis pacem parabellum
    • View Profile
    • Yetisport
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 05:38:39 pm »
You Really should do that.
Cause that activeate your site to the search list and if you do that you will appear at google and the same search engines.

© Liberty Unleashed Team.